• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
If You Could Change the Ending...(Possible Spoilers)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonDragonJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Japanese animation is one of the greatest forms of entertainment in the world, in my mind. It has such an incredibly wide variety of genres and themes and can appeal to almost any fan. However, every so often, there is something about an anime series that displeases its fans.

This thread is where people can tell how they would change the ending of an anime series, if they were given the chance. I am not asking about changing the entire series altogether, although you may include that in your post as well; I am simply asking about changing the ending of an anime series, for whatever reason.

First, I would change Dragon Ball Z so that the series had ended immediately after Gohan had defeated Cell. That was the perfect place to end the series, in my opinion, and continuing it from there caused the series to degrade, although it could have actually made the series better, if it had been done differently.

Second, I would change the ending of Full Metal Alchemist: The Conquerer of Shambala so that Ed and Al would have been able to stay in their world, so that they would retain their alchemical powers, live happily ever after with Winry, and possibly have more adventures, rather than the actual ending of the movie, which annoyed me to no end.

Finally, I would change the ending of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children so that Sephiroth would come back to life as a good guy, since I believe that he is really a good person deep down (I shall be starting a thread to discuss just how evil Sephiroth really is sometime in the near future), and so that Aerith would come back to life as well. I know that I may sound like an obssessed fanboy by saying those words, but I do believe that Aertih should come back to life, so that Cloud can stop being depressed and blaming himself for her death and be happy again.

Well, what does everyone else have to say on this topic? I eagerly await receiving your feedback.
W3b3r

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I would also change the ending of FMA to make it so that Ed and Al both lived in their normal world but everyone in the world lost their alchemical powers. Then Al and Ed would turn to something else like engineering instead of alchemy.

I wouldnt change the ending of Advent Children, but I would change the gravity! I just couldnt enjoy it because after a while I got used to the weird "no gravity at times" and all the huge jumps and stuff just became boring.

I would change the ending of Midori no Hibi so that spoiler[Midori actually did remember.]

I'd change the ending of Futakoi so that Nozomu got with Sumireko. Very Happy

I'd make an ending for School Rumble so that Harima (with his cool hairstyle) ended up with Yakumo.

The Evangelion ending so that it didn't screw with my mind. Not sure how. (Nah just kidding. That's what makes it so good!)

I think I'd change Sokoyuu no Fafner's ending so it spoiler[wasnt so homosexually orientated. (Sorry but i wanted Kazuki to be straight) ]

Last edited by W3b3r on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
epixeltwin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:22 pm Reply with quote
DemonDragonJ wrote:

First, I would change Dragon Ball Z so that the series had ended immediately after Gohan had defeated Cell. That was the perfect place to end the series, in my opinion, and continuing it from there caused the series to degrade, although it could have actually made the series better, if it had been done differently.

GAAAAH! Trunks+Goten=Gotenks, Vegetto, Buu, Mr.Satan action...that was like the GOOOOOOD stuff. Like all the funny parts of Dragon Ball with the kickassness of DragonBall Z, without too serious combats.

The only thing I would have changed in DBZ is the order of the Enemies. Seriously, Cell and the Cyborgs should have been before Feeza. Definitely, Freeza was TEH coolest enemy.
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quote
YO YO W3b3r get some firggin spoiler tags in there, i almost read it all!

space
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Riyousha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't wanna change an ending because it might get a little messed up.

Last edited by Riyousha on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
W3b3r

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Space_cowboy64 wrote:
YO YO W3b3r get some firggin spoiler tags in there, i almost read it all!

space

Sorry mate! Stupid me. They are in now.
Nomigid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quote
The end of the Elfen Lied anime-spoiler[
1. I would show that it is Lucy that is behind the gate.
2. That Lucy and Kouta get married and have good Diclonius children.
3. Someday ( in the far future) everyone would be Diclonius.]

[EDIT: Please use spoiler tags next time. Thanks. -TK]
Nirvana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
W3b3r wrote:
I
I'd make an ending for School Rumble so that Harima (with his cool hairstyle) ended up with Yakumo.

I would prefer Eri.

The reason for this is that i think they make the best couple. He can't be with Tenma because two idiots dont make a right.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I would end KimiNozo when that Sakura-looking girl gets hit by a car at the end of the second episode.

It was the only highlight of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Mai HiME - spoiler[The dead should...stay dead. Bringing everybody back to life suddenly and making everyone happy again cheapens the second arc of the series greatly. Even an ending on the other extreme would be better - Mashiro loses all her power, Mai loses to Kokuyou, Mai lives with Kokuyou and Mikoto in the "new world", Mai becomes insane and kills them both, the end. Better ending? I think so.]

Quote:
I would end KimiNozo when that Sakura-looking girl gets hit by a car at the end of the second episode.

It was the only highlight of the series.

But then Kuribayashi Minami would lose her only major voice acting role... Crying or Very sad
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
How about this?

I would change the end of End of Evangelion so that when Shinji looks out over the ocean of LCL, he sees Pen Pen in an intertube, with a Yebisu in one flipper and a magazine in the other. The suddenly Bob Marley's "Jammin'" plays, and several other penguins pop out of the water and reconstruct society around their penguin ideals. Shinji and Asuka are forced to repopulate in captivity, as entertainment for the world's new tuxedoed masters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:51 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
How about this?

I would change the end of End of Evangelion so that when Shinji looks out over the ocean of LCL, he sees Pen Pen in an intertube, with a Yebisu in one flipper and a magazine in the other. The suddenly Bob Marley's "Jammin'" plays, and several other penguins pop out of the water and reconstruct society around their penguin ideals. Shinji and Asuka are forced to repopulate in captivity, as entertainment for the world's new tuxedoed masters.

That sounds beautiful!

Although personally, my favorite Eva ending is the final episode of RahXephon.
epixeltwin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:20 am Reply with quote
NOWAI!!! IMHO this was a shounen magical girl and so the ending fits. Anime cry I liked it even though I kind of suspected what was going to be. Maybe it was a bit too cheesy but a necessary because of Tate&Mai's relationship part being unfinished.
x_silversurfer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote
I would change Tenjho Tenge, and its OAV. I would give it an ending. haha, but seriously, there is much room to grow throughout the series and the whole flashback story thing lasts about 3/4 of the series. It would have been better to make an anime about the past, then make a spinoff with the conclusion (ie where the show starts). Then when the show ends (normal timeline), continue it on exploring Souichirou Nagi's abilities and lay it to rest.

Also, on a brief note, FMA would have been better had it turned out how W3b3r said it, but they wouldn't have to leave it at them losing powers and such, just make it a "happily ever after, fairytale ending," after spoiler[Ed saves his brother, but add that they both make it and end up with their father] It would bring much needed closure and perhaps even lighten the somber tone of the story.

Oh and penguintruth , the penguins... awesome!
Azathrael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:53 am Reply with quote
What endings would you change if you could?

/Pretty self-explanatory, don't warn me for one-lining. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2