• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Over 24,000 Fans Choose Their Favorite Nisekoi Character

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I need to be made aware of these things so I can spam vote Tsugumi.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
My favourite part is how there's a shoutout to Y-san from Chiba in the 2nd poll results.

For those who don't know or remember, look at Marika's comment in the 1st poll results. A certain Y-san from Chiba voted 1500 times for her then.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
It don't matter who's #1, Chitoge is always #1 to me.
Setsura1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
My personal favorite is Chitoge, but Onodera is a very close second. Poll results don't really surprise me lol.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Guessing people are getting tired of Chitoge? Yet somehow Tsumugi dropped in the rankings too.

Onodera & Marika going up in the rankings might have something to do with who is voicing them in the anime.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Onodera was already #1 in the previous poll; going up in ranking would've been impossible.

If I have to joke about Marika climbing up to #2, I'd probably say something about Y-san's example inspiring other Marika fans.
Or, Y-san, seeing that 1500 votes weren't enough the last time, decided to (slightly more than) redouble his efforts.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I'd say Marika's jump is probably due to getting plenty of chapters dedicated to her fairly recently.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:33 pm Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
Guessing people are getting tired of Chitoge? Yet somehow Tsumugi dropped in the rankings too.

Onodera & Marika going up in the rankings might have something to do with who is voicing them in the anime.
Eh, I dont read the manga and I would've voted Marika higher than Chitoge. She irritates me.
Irru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:

Eh, I don't read the manga and I would've voted Marika higher than Chitoge. She irritates me.

That's kinda stupid seeing how this is a manga poll.
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote
My favorite is Ruri. She's by far one of the most interesting in the cast; maybe that's because we don't know much about her.

Except her love for swimming, I guess.
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Man, I look at anything that reflects Kosaki Onodera's popularity and I genuinely do not "get" liking that character at all. Her traits rarely went beyond "Likes Main Character" and "Has A Locket Key" and, until recently, "Has A Sister" -who, however weak, is still a better rounded character than she is. The recent Tanabata chapter showed this in graphic, brutal detail, being an Onodera spotlight that made everyone else look more interesting by comparison, especially Marika in her two-panel gag. More on her in a moment.

Vaisaga wrote:
I'd say Marika's jump is probably due to getting plenty of chapters dedicated to her fairly recently.

I'm more of a Tsugumi guy but even I have to admit Marika Tachibana will always stand out more. She is simply put, a breed apart, one of the most bats**t insane characters to appear in any WSJ series running now.
The chapter about her job as a waitress seemed a bit cliché until the very last page, in which we see spoiler[she has been saving her money - seemingly ALL of it - for a house for her and Raku. A very specific kind of home too. It reminded me of a story of a famous writer who received a fan letter with a gem that, when he appraised it years later, cost thousands of dollars. True, a fan who would buy his idol such a thing has demonstrated affection, but it's the kind of affection that can easily turn into something creepier and more dangerous down the road.] That's Marika Tachibana, right there.
The chapter with the parrot further explored what she's willing to do to get her beloved all to herself, and it involves a level of planning that would have the Joker raise an eyebrow. She's not playing around, this girl. You can see why she's climbed in the polls, and I have to wonder what the character would look like if given a different, less wholesome set of goals.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Anton Chigurh wrote:
Man, I look at anything that reflects Kosaki Onodera's popularity and I genuinely do not "get" liking that character at all. Her traits rarely went beyond "Likes Main Character" and "Has A Locket Key" and, until recently, "Has A Sister" -who, however weak, is still a better rounded character than she is. The recent Tanabata chapter showed this in graphic, brutal detail, being an Onodera spotlight that made everyone else look more interesting by comparison

Probably due to being the "ordinary girl" who has faultsspoiler[(horrible at cooking)] and is never abusive or acting creepy towards the main character.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:

Tsugumi hasn't had much page-time for a few months now. In fact, in an interview the author actually mentioned that which characters appear more often is affected by popularity, so expect to see less of her....*sigh*.
hemizap

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Funny how Onodera won the poll last year and yet her relationship, let alone character were hardly developed this past year. It felt like the "Onodera chapters" were dedicated more so to her family members than it was for herself. I just hope these polls don't affect the outcome of the story itself since the first 50 chapters are very Chitoge heavy and most acts of affection happen toward Chitoge than the other girls.

Also, the recent Marika chapters are far and away the best chapters of this fillerific second half of the story.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
I need to be made aware of these things so I can spam vote Tsugumi.

didn't you have to buy the magazine to vote and you have to send the vote to Jump. Both waste money. I don't know myself, so don't quote me on it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2