• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mission of Darkness

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I tried submitting this title to the encyclopedia since it doesn't look like it's in there, but when I did, I was told by the encyclopedia that it has the same information.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:07 am Reply with quote
You might have read that new titles should be submitted for approval by the ANN staff. This is necessary to have the correct title entered, and to exclude double entries.
The message you received means that the same title has already been submitted before, but not yet approved.

Even if you look again in a few weeks, it's possible/probable that the title still isn't there. The staff stil have a lot of titles to approve (see this post - a bit old, but probably the situation hasn't changed much).

If you submit a new title, be sure to include as many reliable sources as possible (e.g. an official website), which makes it easier for the staff to check, and fasten up the approval of your request.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:21 am Reply with quote
You mean we can post more than one website?
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:11 am Reply with quote
The "source" box is a free text field, so you can enter other information like "VIZ manga first edition", "Diamond previews September 2006", or several websites together (e.g. for different language versions, or websites in different languages), or a combination of these references.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote
Like woelfie said, the title was submitted by another user and is still on the queue of 200+ titles.

A problem with licensed hentai is that most of them would have a drasic name change and makes it harder for us to verify if we already have it in the Encyclopedia under its Japanese romaji title. Duplications happened several times before, making us more careful and cautious when handling licensed hentai.

Speaking of Mission of Darkness: do you have any idea how it was called in Japanese and/or its original production company? The submitter only provided a link to its AnimeOnDVD review, which provided none of these.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quote
The Japanese name is 淫獣大決戦. I tried looking in the I section just to make whether or not it might have been in there under the Japanese name, but to no avail.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Done. I should have Googled its English title first. There are many other English sites giving reviews of it.

However, even so I hesitated a bit when I saw the DVD cover of both Japanese and US versions. Not only the cover arts are with completely different characters, the taste differs as well. While the Japanese one is more artistic than erotic, the US cover has "I am a very low quality adult B-movie" all over the place. Rolling Eyes

Another hentai planned by Kotaro Ran? Is he the CEO of Pink Pineapple or a collective pseudonym?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1