• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shippuuden and Bleach Still Lacking?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:21 pm Reply with quote
There's something that's been nagging me about these series. Both are now well into their manga stories which is definitley a good thing, however I feel that the quality of both of these shows is stil lacking.

I'm gonna start with Bleach. It's definitley had it's moments and there are parts they have done very well (Ikkaku's Bankai), but then it seems that the animators slouch on particular scenes. What's recently come to mind is the Ichigo vs. Hollow Ichigo battle. Now for those who read the manga, did anyone else find this fight disappointing? The animation just looked choppy to me, as if they didn't smooth out the frames, and the artistic quality didn't look up to snuff. Certain close ups of Hollow Ichigo's face looked like they were doodled. The quality just didn't seem to be there like it was earlier in the series. Considering I had just finished Ichigo vs. Renji on Adult Swim, this fight looked pitiful.

With Naruto I have the same issue. A few episodes ago when Sakura got to show off her medical ninja abilities, once again I noticed minimal animation on top of sloppy character designs. Again I also feel that certain battles have not been done justice. Gaara vs. Deidara is a perfect example. And how about this Gai and Kisame battle? They're mostly using stills (and what happened to Neji?). At least they showed off with Naruto and Itachi.

And this is what saddens me. I know these series can put the animation where it counts, yet they slouch on what should be some of the most eye catching scenes. I feel there's a big quality control issue. Has the filler lowered expectations to such a point that this can be accepted? I'm just hoping that as these series go on we'll be seeing less and less of it.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quote
It can't be, the story in Bleach is moving along a bit better than Naruto, so I don't really mind it, yes the animation is a bit choppy now and then but it makes up for it moreover so I'm fine, but for Shippudan the animation has VERY rarely hit the "par for the course" animation that the first series had and is making everything move slower AND still, nonmoving people floating through the air which is starting to bug me. As a result of that the fights aren't good, I've been waiting for the Itachi fight for awhile and they didn't get anywhere with that due to switching between the two fights, and the Shark dude (don't know his name) and Gai's team's fight seems really pathetically done. The one spark of awesomeness was when Lee kicked the sword out of his hand and Gai caught it, that's it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1