• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
looking for a really good anime like this one

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hadou-ken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quote
i'm looking for an anime like get backers, rurouni kenshin, ninja scroll, shingetsu Tsukihime. you get the idea. there are more like this ones that i have already saw, so please only name those that you think would be hard to find, not names that everyone knows about like the ones listed above
patch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Since your only providing a list and not specifing what qualities in those anime mentioned that you like, you might as well just go to Anime-Planet's Recommendation DB and not bother with a new thread.
hadou-ken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
patch wrote:
Since your only providing a list and not specifing what qualities in those anime mentioned that you like, you might as well just go to Anime-Planet's Recommendation DB and not bother with a new thread.

the site doesn't help. and change that attitude of yours. i'm asking for help, but if you don't want to, that's fine
daristar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
He's asking you to help everyone help you, ie tell us for example why you like GetBackers. If we know that we can give you examples of other series that have those or similar elements.

This is especially useful if for instance someone has only seen one of the series you've mentioned and not the others.

It's like saying, "Help my computer won't work." And leaving it at that.

edit: for example I enjoyed GetBackers for the most part, but most of the other series I've watched are romance/drama/harems. Not a real match to GetBackers in most instances.

Last edited by daristar on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, you really do need to be a bit more specific about exactly what it is about those titles you enjoyed and what qualities it is you're looking for. Otherwise we can't give you any more information than that website can give you. Especially when the mentioned titles aren't really all that similar and really seems more like a list of a few random mainstream titles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hadou-ken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
daristar wrote:
He's asking you to help everyone help you, ie tell us for example why you like GetBackers. If we know that we can give you examples of other series that have those or similar elements.

This is especially useful if for instance someone has only seen one of the series you've mentioned and not the others.

It's like saying, "Help my computer won't work." And leaving it at that.

kay, i'm looking for an anime like get backers, ninja scroll, rurouni kenshin. the action is what i'm looking at, like the one from get backers especially. tell me the names of anime that are not commonly seen by others, since you may name ones that i have already seen cause they are popular
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote
hadou-ken wrote:
kay, i'm looking for an anime like get backers, ninja scroll, rurouni kenshin. the action is what i'm looking at, like the one from get backers especially. tell me the names of anime that are not commonly seen by others, since you may name ones that i have already seen cause they are popular

So basically, you're looking for shounen fighting series? I think I remember you making a thread like that a while back, but I'll suggest this again: Hunter X Hunter.

It carries that ki, chi, reiatsu, chakra element that you see in DBZ, Bleach, and Naruto. Not to mention it was directed by the same guy that did Get Backers and Kenshin. I made quite a lengthy comment in My Anime. Scroll down and read it some time.
hadou-ken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
hadou-ken wrote:

So basically, you're looking for shounen fighting series? I think I remember you making a thread like that a while back, but I'll suggest this again: Hunter X Hunter.

It carries that ki, chi, reiatsu, chakra element that you see in DBZ, Bleach, and Naruto. Not to mention it was directed by the same guy that did Get Backers and Kenshin. I made quite a lengthy comment in My Anime. Scroll down and read it some time.

i'm looking for a more violent anime. hunter x hunter is weak on that part
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Try Urotsukidoji. That should be violent enough for you. I haven't seen it myself, but it's refered to as the most violent anime pretty much ever.

from an Amazon.com review:

"The story, simply enough, is about the prophesied coming of the Choujin, or Overfiend. It is foretold that this being will unite the three worlds of the humans (ninjinkai), demons (makai), and the half-human animal spirits (juujinkai). This is support to usher in a period of great peace and prosperity. But, as the story develops, it becomes graphically clear that one demon's peace may very will not have the same meaning to a human. What actually seems to develop is a apocalyptic vision of a world torn between sexual perversion and physical destruction - in equal amounts.

The vision is spectacular at the same time it is deeply repulsive. The characters, who are all portrayed as both victims and perpetrators, fail at anything resembling mutual affection. Lust, not love, is the key to the entry in this not-very-brave new world. Well drawn and written, the impact is intentionally confusing and overwhelming. As humans, our vision is too limited to integrate the horror we see with and grander vision. "

Sound like fun?
hadou-ken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote
now you0're giving me an anime that i can't find anywhere
blackmage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Go watch ELfen Lied. The first five minutes of it should be good enough to convince you
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote
The plot summary I provided was quoted from Amazon.com. Does this not imply that you can find it at amazon?

I'll admit that it was taken from the manga version, which can be found here, but a perfect collection of five VHS tapes can be found here.

Last edited by Wolverine Princess on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iria51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Urostukidoji is violent hentai. That may not be what you are looking for. For good old-fashioned mindless violence I always liked Battle Royal High School, Baoh, Spriggan and Ninja Scroll the movie, not the TV series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1