• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Horrible sailor moon rumor.Please tell me this is not True!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:23 am Reply with quote
Okay all I hope this is okay to post here. The reason I am posting this here, is that ANN seems have the most information on anime out there. So I thought if there was any truth to this uglyness, you would know it. Anyways I was just over at another anime forum and they posted this link/site: http://www.cinematical.com/2006/04/18/lindsay-lohan-is-sailor-moon

Well basically the site was saying that Fox was going to release a live action film version of sailor moon and that Lindsey lohan was going to play sailor moon. Which just is bad on so many levels.

Now I have seen clips of the live action Sailor Moon show played in japan and I think it was pretty funny in a wholesome cheesy way. So Iam not against the whole live action thing, though nothing will top the anime. I also see maybe some benifts, it would be cool if as a result of this, they release Stars legally, and then maybe the rest of the sailor moon anime series again. So I can um...trade in my collection. However Lindsey Lonahn as sailor Moon, For the love off anime Why? Anime cry

Anyways I hope that someone can shed light on this topic. Also I don't know if allowed to do this, but I basically am passing this information on to you all from another anime board so I want to give credit to that author, Emeraldas from Anime academy. Just so you know.
prettygirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote
It's true! It's true! Believe it....

[edit: I'm being sarcastic... never believe anything you hear on the net]

Last edited by prettygirl on Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Mistress9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:48 am Reply with quote
prettygirl wrote:

Oh God, But why Lindsey Lohan. Couldn't they get an actess that could act. This is horrible, but hey it could be worse at least they aren't casting Paris Hilton as Sailor Moon, that would be unforgivable. Anyways maybe like I said it will bring Sailor Moon back into the lime light and we will finnally get an UNCUT additon of stars on dvd, as well as the other seasons out again.

So that sight never said anything but a projected release date or anything, Yes even if they keep Linsey as Sailor Moon, I will still see it. So yes any more information would be great. Thanks all.

PS. What storyarch should they copy, if they were going to base this movie on one of the seasons. Iam thinking it should be either R or S. R would be cool because they could tie elements of season 1 into it, Like Usagi meeting Luna and all that jazz and then bring the whole, Chi-busa/Rini stuff in. spoiler[Yipee Blacklady.] S would be good as well, since it was one of the best, if not the best storyarchs of all of Sailor Moon. It also would have all the senshi in it, and well the whole spoiler[deathbusters/witches 5/proffessor/saturn/mistress 9 combination= awsome.) So yes what do you guys think.]

Last edited by Mistress9 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:18 am Reply with quote
This should be interesting to see. As much as I try to visualise Ms. Lohan as Usagi/Serina, it just won't fit.
WinterLaurel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:22 am Reply with quote
Oh, I doubt it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:30 am Reply with quote
WinterLaurel wrote:
Oh, I doubt it.
You doubt what?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:20 am Reply with quote
The best guess I've seen as to where Animage pulled that rumour from is that they somehow got confused between Sailor Moon and Wonder Woman, since both Lohan and Whedon have been mentioned in being interested in doing that one.

Though Wonder Woman would almost certainly be for Warner Bros. and not Fox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kouji

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:02 am Reply with quote
prettygirl wrote:
Um, I'd like to see your PROOF when you claim something like this. Wasn't it just a few years ago that some fans claimed Fox was producing a live-action Dragonball Z movie? And we all know how that turned out....If ADV can't even get their live-action Evangelion movie off the ground, what the hell makes anyone think Fox could do it with Sailor Moon? Why would Toei allow Fox to produce a live-action American version of Sailor Moon when none of the North American companies don't even have the rights to the anime version anymore? Wouldn't Toei be more interested in their recent hit Pretty Cure franchise than something that's a decade old like Sailor Moon?

Sailor Moon isn't even popular enough anymore for a live-action movie version to make any profit. Sure, it has a lot of fans, but most people in general don't really give a damn about this show, and the fans that do are mostly only interested in the original Japanese version. Since when was anime popular enough for a big company like Fox to produce live-action versions of anime series for theatertical releases in U.S. theaters, anyway? And why is it always Fox who's rumored to be producing a live-action version of [insert favorite anime here]? If a live-action movie version of Sailor Moon is ever produced (which it most likely never will be), wouldn't Disney be a better candidate? Doesn't Disney own Dic now, after all? And Sailor Moon was a Dic property.

Considering this site doesn't even say WHERE in the Animage magazine Fox made this claim or even quote what they said, it is highly unlikely this is true. It doesn't even tell which issue it was that claimed this. It just says Animage claimed Fox is producing a live-action Sailor Moon movie and then it expects fans to believe them without any PROOF. When somebody makes a claim like this but doesn't even present PROOF, that is the first sign that this is a FALSE RUMOR. Until somebody presents proof in the form of visable evidence that Fox is indeed producing this, this has not been proven true, so please don't go around saying that it is unless you have proof beyond saying that some random Japanese magazine claimed a live-action Sailor Moon movie would be produced. And why would a JAPANESE magazine like Animage be the ones to announce the production of an AMERICAN movie, anyway?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
goins007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:27 am Reply with quote
This is a very very old rumor. And the first time it went around it was Mellisa Joan Hart (sabrina the teenage witch) that was going to play S.M. They even had a few of the people cast, Genea(sp?)Davis was cast as queen beryl, and she was even producing it. However the project stalled and was scrapped six or seven years ago. So I doubt very much that this rumor is true. Like the other person said, they probably just got mixed up with L.L. saying she would be interested in the Wonder Woman role if it was offered to her....
Mistress9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh thank you what a relief, I had never heard this before and well I rather there be No sailor moon live action movie then one staring Lindsey Lohan.

Oh and I agree that it's taking forever for the EVA movie but isn't the same effects company that did Lord of the Rings and King Kong supposed to be doing it? If that is true then I understand why it's taking so long. I also rather them taking their time to get it right then have to watch some thing that mocks Eva.

But yes thanks for clearing this up, That's why I posted this ugly twisted rumor here. As much as I like the other sites, I trust this one the most when it comes to anime news. So since I hadn't seen anything on the boards about this, I thought I would put it out here. So
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Please...I'm tramatized enough thinking about Lohan as Wonder Woman! I hate to think of her as Sailor Moon. But, thankfully it's just a rumor!

I have to admit though, Melissa Joan Hart probably would not have been bad as either Sailor Moon or Sailor Venus (probably the latter).

And whoever said that the only thing worse than Lohan as Sailor Moon would be Paris Hilton...did you hear that some director wants to/is going to cast her as Mother Teresa Exclamation Oh the HORROR! If you thought The Da Vinci Code caused an uproar...just think about that! Shocked Confused
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Please...I'm tramatized enough thinking about Lohan as Wonder Woman! I hate to think of her as Sailor Moon. But, thankfully it's just a rumor!

I have to admit though, Melissa Joan Hart probably would not have been bad as either Sailor Moon or Sailor Venus (probably the latter).

And whoever said that the only thing worse than Lohan as Sailor Moon would be Paris Hilton...did you hear that some director wants to/is going to cast her as Mother Teresa Exclamation Oh the HORROR! If you thought The Da Vinci Code caused an uproar...just think about that! Shocked Confused

Please, Lindsay Lohan would be the one would destroy sales for Sailor Moon. I would even go see. Heck, I wouldn't even rent it. What's this? Paris Hilton as Mother Theresa? Have these people even seen her movies or commercials? Amen to the House of Wax.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
Doesn't Disney own Dic now, after all? And Sailor Moon was a Dic property.

Nope it's owned by Corus Entertainment if I'm not mistaken.If I am it's because of the fact that Corus got the un-dubbed seasons and dubbed them for YTV since it was such a huge hit on Canadian TV.
bebexsweetnezz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon? Ha! What a good joke! Besides, Lindsay has a bigger bust size. =p But I really hope it's not true. =/ If there will be an American live action movie of Sailor Moon, I just hope it's not too fake looking and not toooooo cheesy. C'mon the English dub wasn't even that good!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:33 pm Reply with quote
bebexsweetnezz wrote:
Besides, Lindsay has a bigger bust size. If there will be an American live action movie of Sailor Moon, I just hope it's not too fake looking and not toooooo cheesy.

Than who, Sailor Moon? Hey, fake would be the J-Drama they tried to pull off. The girls were ugly as hell, the dialogue was horrible and the magic stuff and changing into the sailor soldiers, THAT was fake. As in special effects. But overall it was pretty bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3