• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is Naruto done with the filler yet?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading somewhere that the real Naruto arch would start sometime around March. Since we are already mid-March, and I haven't watched Naruto anymore since I was told the atrocious Naruto filler arch would last that long, I was wondering if anybody knows if it has finished already or not.

Has it started showing spoiler[Kakashi's past]? Anybody? Anybody?

Luminal

Last edited by Luminal on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
opaquescum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Check out this thread.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22325

Your question is quite moot at this point. Seeing as the series is not showing for what like a month. There is a month of miyazaki, and naruto is a show that gets bumped to make way. After the month is up there is supposed to be a naruto marathon.

Other then that I am unsure as to what you mean by arcs, and quite frankly I do not want to know. I am enjoying the show without knowing where it is headed, and I am sad that now I have a little idea of it.

Please guy warn of spoilers. I thought this was a thread about quality. I was thinking well the last 2 or 3 episodes did have alot of filler in them. It wasnt too bad, but now I know a detail I could of used not knowing.

Anyway where the series left off spoiler[They are just getting to the second test of the chunin exams. The forest of death. I would assume there will not be any real kakashi developement for awhile. He is only getting like 2 minutes a episode right now to comment on the exams. You have to be the judge on whether thats where you want to start back up or not.]
Luminal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Opaquescum I'm terribly sorry for not using spoilers in my first post. But I was not talking about the Naruto episodes currently airing in the states, but the ones airing in Japan. ( Episode 170 something)

What you are watching right now is really really amazing true Naruto content.

What I meant by filler arch was the spoiler[last bunch of episodes (more than 30) that are nothing but filler because they are waiting for the manga to catch up. ]

Again sorry about that.

Luminal
patch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote
According to the prominent fansub group for this series, not to say they are the authority though:

That is from last week, so should be only 3 more weeks until they go back to the manga storyline.
opaquescum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Ah that is nice to hear luminal. I was sitting there thinking I thought this was a long series isn't a little early to be going that far already. Sorry about makeing the asumption that you were talking about the cartoon network airing.
huh?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
this much crappy filler would have ended any other series. it wouldve just killed it, naruto is lucky that is has as many loyal fans as it does.

poor kenshin, right before the sexiest arc of all
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Hmm only 3 more weeks? That can be good or bad. the current available manga can only make about 21-25 eps. it looks like there is no where near the end yet. I still haven't see Sasuke on the manga yet, spoiler[after he ran away]
Zoe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:48 am Reply with quote
Ending the filler in April has always just been speculation that the filler would end at the end of this TV season. However, episode titles going into next season suggest that the filler will continue probably for at least another month.
AceRyonik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:09 am Reply with quote
Are they still on Namek?
patch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quote
Don't know if it's a joke, but this week's episode's "message" was that there would be there would 26 more episodes, meaning one more season of filler.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote
AceRyonik wrote:
Are they still on Namek?

Err, no. Wrong series I think...unless Naruto gets really ridiculous later on...(I stopped at episode 20...shounen with a story I thought...nope.)
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote
AceRyonik wrote:
Are they still on Namek?

Lol! I was wondering when someone was going to post that. You, sir, win an internet.

Okay now, back on topic. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
patch wrote:
Don't know if it's a joke, but this week's episode's "message" was that there would be there would 26 more episodes, meaning one more season of filler.
Maybe, but then again maybe not. Squirm, Naruto fans, squirm! Twisted Evil Chances are if they are going to do more filliers, it'll be after after next main story arc, but who is to say... execpt the people that actually do the show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ryusaki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
huh? wrote:
this much crappy filler would have ended any other series. it wouldve just killed it, naruto is lucky that is has as many loyal fans as it does.

poor kenshin, right before the sexiest arc of all

Sigh,... true true to true! if they didn't Kenshin canceled it could have been the greatest arc in all of shonen Anime!,..
yet we get stuck with a Cult of Christians,German Knights taking over japan,and then anicent Chinese magic trying destroy japan..then Refections!!!? ..well at least the first OVA makes up for all the filler
vickeyv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote
The biggest problem i have with fillers is that they use the same soundtracks again and again. When i keep hearing the same music again i get sick of it. I loved the soundtrack of Naruto so i am trying my best to keep my self away from it as much as i can. Can't wait for the series to get back in.
But another 26 episode Filler stunt is just horrible but hey who knows they might write better this time around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8