• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Disgaea anime trailer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stitchy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Well, I hope this hasn't been posted here yet... but, I thought I'd share it with you guys. A trailer for the Disgaea anime has been released on Akai Tsuki.net. I dunno about everyone else, but I'm excited. <3

http://akaitsuki.net/special_03.html (just click the links next to whichever player you prefer.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quote
That was beautiful. I hope it comes to america soon. I liked the additional touch of leaving in the original BGM from the game too.
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
WOW.

That was really awsome. The character designs are really unique. And this is from a game?

I am now asking myself why the hell haven't I herd or played this game before. I got to find this.

Edit: Found it on Amazon for $66. Dont know if I'll pay that much for a game. I live in second hand stores, so I'll see it one day.

Last edited by Jgobats81886 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vortextk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote
It's a rare and expensive S-rpg for ps2. Apparently, if you really get into everything the game has to offer, you can put 100-200 hours on it. Haven't played it myself.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Vortextk wrote:
It's a rare and expensive S-rpg for ps2. Apparently, if you really get into everything the game has to offer, you can put 100-200 hours on it. Haven't played it myself.

It's really not that rare. Atlus did re-release it so it's not quite as rare as it was before. I've seen it at quite a few stores I've been to. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, now that's a rare and expensive game by Nippon Ichi. Though, some of the imports I've managed to get from the Marl's Kingdom series are even harder to find and even more expensive (often times costing around $150-$200), but anyway...

Ya, I saw this trailer a day or two ago. Looks cool, wasn't expecting Baal to show up in it though, this may be more interesting then I thought... but, I'm not keeping my hopes up since 99% of animes based on video games I've played turn out to be horrible.

For anyone who hasn't played the game, I highly recommend it. It's a strategy RPG and it's extremely funny, has a great story, and will keep you occupied for hundreds of hours (if you plan on defeating Prinny Baal or something). Ya, it's one of my favorite games... also made by Nippon Ichi is La Pucelle, Phantom Brave, and Makai Kingdom. All have been released in the US. I think I've spent over 100 hours on each of them and all of them are great games that I recommend too. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure is also made by Nippon Ichi and was released in the US for the Playstation, but the game is ridiculously easy and is difficult to find, you should only get it if you're a Nippon Ichi freak and want to see where that Marjoly character you played against came from. I must say though, that the game was kind of refreshing after playing all of the other NI games...
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quote
that looks a lot cooler than i thought it would. so does this mean we'll get a Phantom Brave anime at some point?
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:46 pm Reply with quote
While I totally wouldn't nix the idea, Disgaea recieved more accolades, awards, and was overall more appreciated than the other Nippon Ichi titles that came out afterwards. That's not to say that the others are inferior, just a bit underappreciated. I can't wait for the Disgaea sequal thats coming out soon, though I should probably worry more about beating the first Disgaea.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Vortextk wrote:

Actually, you can find it at almost any used gamestore for $20. ... well, I've seen it at like 5 different ones, so I wouldn't say it's rare or expensive.

I heard about this game awhile back and I would love to play it, however I have yet to pick up a copy for myself. Maybe I will one day...
Greennunu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Well the game is long or short depending on if you want to be super powered or not, some of the endings will force you to play the game with high stats. It is deliciously fun game to play specailly if you know alot about anime and japanese culture even american satyr-ism is in a few chapters of the game, I wouldn't say it's hard to beat, but some people do get fanatical and try for the "perfect" game, which is nigh impossible unless you cheat... and even then plan on long hours.

If this anime follows the same story line with no major plot twist I can see it making it pretty big, not to mention they got 2 of the most lovable female character in any game.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:37 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
It's really not that rare. Atlus did re-release it so it's not quite as rare as it was before. I've seen it at quite a few stores I've been to. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, now that's a rare and expensive game by Nippon Ichi. Though, some of the imports I've managed to get from the Marl's Kingdom series are even harder to find and even more expensive (often times costing around $150-$200), but anyway...

As long as we talkin' rare . . .

Working Designs doesn't even exist anymore. To get this package COMPLETE w/ the hardbound artbook, 2 extra CDs (Lunar Soundtrack CD and The making of Lunar CD), the 100+ page leathertte hardbound artbook/instruction manual and Full color cloth map you got to search on places like eBay.

Last edited by The Frankman on Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:54 am Reply with quote
Well, other then Rhapsody, you won't find any of the Marl's Kingdom games on ebay, or any other site for that matter. I had to to Japan and search through a bunch of used game stores to get the one I own (no, that's not the reason I went to Japan, it was just kind of an added bonus).
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:21 am Reply with quote
Ooh, I played the game (I was totally crap at it Sad )
But this seems brilliant already - any idea of when it comes out?

$66 dollars?! Around here, I found it for £15...
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quote
KuzuryuuTakumi wrote:
But this seems brilliant already - any idea of when it comes out?

It's supposed to come out this April in Japan, no doubt it will be fansubbed. As far as it getting licensed, I'm not sure if it will be. Xenosaga was pretty popular in the US but the anime still isn't licensed, so I'm not sure about that.
Nionel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
that looks a lot cooler than i thought it would. so does this mean we'll get a Phantom Brave anime at some point?

That'd actually be interesting, but so would a Makai Kingdom anime. A lot of Nippon Ichi's games just seem like they'd make a very good transition to the anime format just by the way they're done.

As far as Disgaea is concerned, I'm wanting to see an air date. Though I'm actually not expecting it until the summer, but I can't wait to see how they'll handle the anime version of it...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:16 am Reply with quote
That looks like a good one! And that's out in Japan now, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2