• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
First wave of shoujo-ai fun, Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl ~

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Here's the synopsis, the guy named Hazumu got rejected by a girl named Yasuna. So to ease his grief, he went to the mountains of and noticed a space ship in the sky. The ship crashed onto him, and obviously got badly injured. The aliens healed him, but in the process they accidentely turned him into a girl!

The animation is quite good and the girls are really cute looking, and it makes the upcoming lesbian loving more exciting (for a series like this, blushing and kissing is enough for me though going to the "next step" is a bonus)! Though I have to say my first qualm is that the male Hazumu sounded really girly (not to mention he's a total wuss) and when he turned into a girl, the voice pitch REALLY went up. And why the heck does Yasuna look like a busty version of Tomoyo from CCS?! Shocked

Now I wonder who are those English VAs who played that NASA crew in that episode? Rolling Eyes
CyberViper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Ah, sounds good. I was actually thinking of looking again for more shoujo-ai anime titles. I watched Maria-sama ga Miteru and liked it, and I still have to watch ~Haru~. Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito was another good title that I enjoyed. Now I have something else to look forward to.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:21 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Now I wonder who are those English VAs who played that NASA crew in that episode? Rolling Eyes

It's wierd, when they said "USA" it didn't sound like they said "yu-es-eh", he said it kind of fast and it sounded like he said "yu-say". That was the only thing I though sounded odd in it though. It was definatly some of the better (and actually understandable) english voices I have heard in an anime.

Hmm, nothing could have made me happier about this anime then the cute pink haired girl (Jan Poo) being voiced by Ryoko Shintani. Ya, I'm obsessed with her (I really can't wait to get her "Summer Live Tour Happy Happy Smile '05 chu-lip - Legend in Zepp Tokyo Deluxe Edition" 4 DVD set in the mail. I'm glad I held out on not getting the other versions since this is the best one. Cost me about $100 though). I really hope we get to see Jan Poo in the next episode.

In fact, I like her so much I'm going to make her my avatar.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1