• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime character(s) you are most like

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
What anime character(s) do you think you are most like? It could be physically, personality wise, or a combination of the two. This topic was probably brought up before at some point but I haven't seen it since I have been here so I'll put it up.

The anime character I see myself most like is Sasahara from Genshiken. I know it seems like an obvious choice but I see a lot of myself in him. He's an anime fan and he's pretty quiet and a bit shy, but when something sparks his interests he goes for it, that's just like me in real life. He also looks a lot like me. My sister pointed this out and I noticed that I do look a lot like him, I have short dark brown hair like him and am similarly shaped like him. Except I'm not asian, which I'm assuming Sasahara is.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kyle Smyth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I'd say that I am a cross between Spike Speigel and Shinji Ikari. I am like Spike Spiegel because sometimes I am just laid back and quiet and I really enjoy bebop jazz. And when I say that I am like Shinji I mean that I don't whine constantly I mean that sometimes I am unsure of myself and question alot of things.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
After watching six episodes of Suzuka, I find myself to be somewhat similar with Yamato's character.

That whole "friend" relationship with the "I like you" intentions hidden underneath is pretty much dead on in comparison to what I went through in junior high and high school. Only in my case, I never did have the guts to confess Anime cry...

This is a great series so far. The relationship and awkward moments between Yamato and Asahina are cute, yet serious at the same time, but darn those fansubbers for cutting episode six 7 minutes short! Maybe if I redownload it, there's a chance it might be fixed by now Mad.

I mean, it cut off right when: spoiler[ he confessed that he liked her, but she thought it was a joke! I really wanted to see how he was going to handle that indirect turndown. Man, this ticks me off..]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:11 am Reply with quote
A perfect match for my personality would be Masataka Takayanagi from Tenjho Tenge. I'm a nice guy, but with a rather sarcastic outlook. I'm even a martial-artist as well.
Arkard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:50 am Reply with quote
Definitely Mayama from Honey&Clover.
There was one phrase about him in the anime, which perfectly illustrates him, and me by proxy: Trying to act all cool but really a kid inside. Yup. Thats me.
Also he is very egoistical, sometimes mixed up, but a good guy deep inside. He does what he wants, listens to his heart. I can admire that, and I see alot of that in me.
Efan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:20 am Reply with quote
Me, I'd say Kakashi, with my laid back, lazy attitude yet I still get the job done thing, I think he reminds me of myself. He can joke around but still be serious, the only problem is when I'm serious no one takes me serious Anime cry. He holds my place for #1 favorite anime character because he sets the perfect example of how I want to be like.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:59 am Reply with quote
I would have to say a cross between Sasahara (Genshiken) and Hiei (YYH). Better stated, like Sasahara, if I ever get really into something, I'll go all out and try to learn all I can about that subject. Like Hiei, I'm the kind of person that just needs to be alone sometimes. I'm not saying that I'm introverted, it's just that I like to choose my times to interact with other people.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:13 am Reply with quote
I'd probably have to say I identify most with Excel Saga's Shioji Gojo - brilliant but perverted Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Dark_Kaine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Probably Chrno from Chrono Crusade or Kai Kudo from E's Otherwise. Because both are shy and calm like me. I like to help and do anything much as possible
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit of lots of characters.

I'm like Captain Tsubasa's Nakasawa Sanae since I was quite a tomboy when I was little, and I've matured while I grew up.

I'm like Hyuga Kojiro (same series as above) in my temper and my seriousness.

I'm also a lot like FLCL's little black cat Ta-kun; I'm crazy, and when I'm in a good mood, I'm always saying Na? Na na? Anime catgrin

I'm also a bit like Hino Rei (Sailor Moon) since I sing and write songs (and though I play the piano because of my career, I play the guitar way better), and I'm a straight-out Aries Wink

Tsujimoto Natsumi (Taiho! Shichauzo)'s personality is quite like mine too: Straight-up, hot-headed... Just thought of that today Razz

Oh, and with InuYasha's Shippo 'cause I love to draw too (examples? See my avvy)

Last edited by TestamentSaki on Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HMS Thunder Child

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Eeeuhm, I am going to use this also to say hi to all of you. I am kinda new here ( sorry for being off topic )

My favorite character is Mugen from Samurai Champloo.
That's because he is says what he thinks (weither you like it or not ), doesn't like authority and is simply among the coolest samurai/ronin I have ever seen so far.
Thank you.
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm not going to tell you who I think I am like...I want you all to tell me... So people you've probably seen me talk in the forums tell me what character I am most like personality-wise. (I know I'm asking for it).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Baal Zebul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh my sweet jeedus, I am so much like irresponsible captain tylor that it disturbs me. Honestly, I am the laziest bum in the world that leeches off people like tick and does everything the easy way. I hate work too...I hate nything involving using my muscles (although I am not too weak...) Even so, I do what I am told even if I hate it with a passion. The way we are diffrent is that I don't get some high paying job on a weird accident.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mydog8u2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I was devastated to discover a near-perfect reflection of myself in Makunouchi Ippo in Hajime no Ippo. I'm devastated because it's not the awesome boxing side that resembles me, but the loser-ish side of him: how he always gets toyed by the people around him, hopeless with a girl, lacking a shred of charisma, and so on.

But hey, at least he's polite, and has a sense of passion in what he does, just like me.

A character I'd want to 'become' is Shikamaru from Naruto. Laid-back, can't give a sh!t about trying, but everyone knows that he's a genius of 200+ IQ and has a strong sense of loyalty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
anianalizer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm sort of like Tomo (Azumanga Daioh). Even though I'm not a girl, I have a lot of energy and I talk randomly. I talk randomly a lot.[/b]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2