• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why is the sentai mountain split in 2? (Lego Exoforce)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Lego has jumped on the "OMG Teh kidz luv teh anime!" bandwagon.

http://www.lego.com/eng/exoforce/default.asp
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I'd tolerate this KEEEEKEEEEEKEEE ANIMU crap if it'd actually be good lego, which it wont, because most new lego sucks.
Jadress

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:25 am Reply with quote
Ah geez. Hey, those mecha things suspiciously remind me of an old American toy/cartoon franchise from my childhood.. ExoSquad. Is it the same thing, do ya think? Hurray for more fake anime. I am, however, pretty damn amused at crazy anime lego hair pieces, though. I'm weird.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Here's what I have to say:

[Just say "No!" to blinding, bolded Caps Lock. -Nagi]

Seriously, this is ridiculous. This core fanbase they're aiming for is 6-12 year-olds. Like any of them are TRUE anime fans. They see one episode of Naruto and think its the greatest thing in the world. They go to school yelling "ZOMG NARUTO SEXY JUTSU HE WAS NAKED WITH BOOBS OMG AND KILLED ZABUZA LOL!1111!!!" They don't even realize that One Piece is butchered. They probably think that Sanji really DOES eat lollipops all the time. Rolling Eyes These pathetic companies should stick to what they're good at instead of trying to capitalize on an industry they didn't create and that they don't understand (I doubt anyone at Lego has even heard the word "anime" before).
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Embarassed

Woah boy, calm down before you have a heart attack.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this is supposed to be a joke, and I'm not referring to the original post but the responses. Let's step back into reality shall we?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:
Embarassed

Woah boy, calm down before you have a heart attack.

I was making a Family Guy reference and complaining about this at the same time.
Jadress

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Fanboy Rage GEEYARRGH!!

Anime dazed Oh my god, I'm freakin' blind! That was terrifying. Seriously though, so they're trying to cash in on what they think is a craze. It's stupid, but who cares? I'm sorry, I can't really take it when people start throwing the term "True fan" around, like Christians saying other christians aren't "true Christians." To each his own, good lord, it's movies and tv shows, not some holy answer to life itself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:
Fanboy Rage GEEYARRGH!!

Anime dazed Oh my god, I'm freakin' blind! That was terrifying. Seriously though, so they're trying to cash in on what they think is a craze. It's stupid, but who cares? I'm sorry, I can't really take it when people start throwing the term "True fan" around, like Christians saying other christians aren't "true Christians." To each his own, good lord, it's movies and tv shows, not some holy answer to life itself.

As you should know, people who are "true" anime fans must have brain hemmorages every time they post on a forum and think those who don't watch things on DVD are utter filth. Man boobies help too, aswell as extravogant exposition on how you reported a post helps too.

ALSO I GOT BULLIED AT SCHOOL BUT NOW LOOK AT ME I AM INTERNET KING HOW DARE YOU I AM TRUE FANFFFFFNFNFN!
StickyToffeePopcorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Seriously, this is ridiculous. This core fanbase they're aiming for is 6-12 year-olds. ... They probably think that Sanji really DOES eat lollipops all the time. Rolling Eyes

Gawd those 6-12 year olds are such FOOLS :snort:

You can't seriously expect them to be like "This is so an edited Japanese cartoon...AND THAT WAS SO A CIGARETTE!" now can you?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
StickyToffeePopcorn wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:
Seriously, this is ridiculous. This core fanbase they're aiming for is 6-12 year-olds. ... They probably think that Sanji really DOES eat lollipops all the time. Rolling Eyes

Gawd those 6-12 year olds are such FOOLS :snort:

You can't seriously expect them to be like "This is so an edited Japanese cartoon...AND THAT WAS SO A CIGARETTE!" now can you?

"In Itchy and Scratchy Episode 152B, itchy rips out Scratchy's rib cage and begins to play it like a xylophone, but he hits two different ribs and it makes the same sound! Are we supposed to believe this is some kind of *snort* MAGICAL Xylaphone!?"
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
"In Itchy and Scratchy Episode 152B, itchy rips out Scratchy's rib cage and begins to play it like a xylophone, but he hits two different ribs and it makes the same sound! Are we supposed to believe this is some kind of *snort* MAGICAL Xylaphone!?"

ROTFLMAO. Laughing

This thread . . . all I have to say is this: Who on this thread is man or woman enough to tell me they were a serious, hardcore Japanese anime fan between the ages of 6 and 12? If you can't, then you cannot hate that this company is catering this way to that demo. Like half of 'em would undersrtand a GITS plot.

Being an Japanese Anime fan is a self-defeating cause.
Efan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure that the lego company knows what they're doing. After all, they do get paid to come up with these ideas and tehy have come a long way with only taking other peoples ideas and transforming them into pieces of plastic that you stick together to make a shape that some-what resembles the one on the box.

But yea as for 6-12 year olds, I don't think the kids will get the lego becuase it is based on an anime, I think they will get the lego because it is lego. If lego didn't know what they were doing they wouldn't have come this far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1