• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Loved Slayers but hate Next. So where do I go from here?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daxomni

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
That's right, I remember enjoying Slayers a lot but I just can't get into Slayers Next. Which, if any, of the other Slayers series or movies should I try if I really enjoyed the first series and did not enjoy Slayers Next?
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I liked Slayers Next, I saw some of it on the international channel in subs. In fact that's the reason I have been inclined to buy some of the Slayers TV series. According to this article Funimation has the rights to them. So, should I wait for them to come out with a newer version or should I just buy the one already out by Central Park Media?
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:08 pm Reply with quote
the next actual series is Slayers Try, it feels like it gives the series more of an actual ending.

haven't seen the movies, but they're supposed to be good.
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I found Slayers Try to be tired and repetitive. Reusing the same jokes over and over and tons of filler. Maybe it's just that I watched all three series consecutively. Not marathon style, but more like an episode or two per day. Too much Slayers either way. I haven't seen the movies, but after seeing Try, I'm not sure that I want to. Based on the ANN user ratings and some reviews that I've read, it seems like the movies and specials just recycle the same old formula as well.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:23 pm Reply with quote
When I say I have seen Slayers Next, I mean I have only seen Slayers Next not any of the Slayers before it. So should I wait for Funi to come out with a new version of the first Slayers TV series or buy CPM's one?
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:
That's right, I remember enjoying Slayers a lot but I just can't get into Slayers Next. Which, if any, of the other Slayers series or movies should I try if I really enjoyed the first series and did not enjoy Slayers Next?

The movies are of Naga and Lina, so i didn't like them as much because i missed characters like gourry, zelgadis, xellos, etc.

besides, it's kinda expensive how each movie is like 20 dollars for an episode.. or maybe that was just the one i bought... =_=
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1