• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Freezing (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Freezing (TV)

Plot Summary: Set in a slightly futuristic world where Earth has been invaded and is at war with aliens from another dimension called the Nova, the story follows the adventures of a Japanese boy named Kazuya Aoi who enrolls for training at a special school for genetically modified girls called Pandoras who battle the aliens, and their male partners, called Limiters, who use a special power called "freezing" to limit their opponent's mobility. The protagonist makes the acquaintance of an unusual older girl named Bridgette L. Satellizer who appears to be the most powerful Pandora in her class, but has not yet chosen a male partner to be her Limiter, and in spite of the warnings of all his friends, he decides to be her Limiter.

looks like this anime needs a thread.

the story of female students using implants to improve physical abilities and create weapons to fight a foe named Novas with younger boys as they're "limiters" to overcome Novas AOE.

it seems they added this series to fill the gratuitous market with both violence gore and fanservice in large shares and the girls fighting girls with younger boys as support.

I'm kind of sick of this particular genre but will watch a few episodes to give it its fair chance. I'm sure some will love this anime for the gore or the fanservice but I'm not exactly holding my breath that it'll become one I'll follow to the end.

[EDIT: Put the Encyc. link in for you. -TK]

Last edited by dragoneyes001 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
vastoceans

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote
This isn't really my genre of choice either, but I think I'll be watching it this season as a guilty pleasure. The list of seiyuu is what drew me in, they've really got quite a cast together. Kana Hanazawa, Mamiko Noto, Maria Inoue, Ami Koshimizu, Kana Ueda and more...

The first episode was decent. Just about all of the plot is revealed and we get a glimpse at some of the characters personality. I hope the young boy doesn't end up being completely whiny and useless although I thought it was both cute and funny how easily he was able to spoiler[embrace the untouchable queen.]. I look forward to seeing if there's actually some relationship development here whether platonic or romantic.

Nothing groundbreaking here but I'll lump it with shows like Sekirei - harmless and mindless adult entertainment.
garfield15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Why?

Why did the last scene happen.

I was honestly liking everything. The world, the fighting, the gore, the limbs being ripped off. Everything was turning out to be a somewhat decent show and then the last scene happened and then it left the worst taste in my mouth.
vastoceans

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I thought it was the best part of the episode. I'll pass on a whole season of mindless gore and fanservice with no interpersonal relationships or character development.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Eh, it was pretty boring to me. It might have some decent action, there's fanservice which I don't really care for, but this episode just gave off a lot of information about everything. I might drop it after the next few episodes since it doesn't interest me.

Also, it seems to have a Togainu No Chi vibe. All I can say is, I'll try the next few episodes, and if I don't like it, I'll drop it.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Holy cliffhanger.

Her boobies are monstrous, but she's rather cute. I specially liked the last scene, because I'm so through with cold women in anime, and the way they are generally shallow and pedantic. Indeed, shallow and pedantic.
So, yeah. Better than I thought. The only thing really bothering me is her boobies' size. Perhaps I'm also a little doubtful of that training system they have. Wouldn't that just create a whole bunch of psychos?

Oh, I'm so jealous of that boy.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I was intent on giving this series at least one more episode, but that last scene just made me drop it.

If you're going to have the main character yell "I won't let anybody touch me!"... then don't have that oath broken in the first frickin episode. *facepalm*
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote
if you note the cliff hanger they may still keep her reputation.what you think you saw does not mean its what happened.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
The bland-as-can-be otaku-insert character had his face in her cleavage (and he kept it there) for at least a minute.

She wasn't even able to dodge a dude with no fighting kills whatsoever, not to mention push him off, so there's no way she could be any great fighter.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
She wasn't even able to dodge a dude with no fighting kills whatsoever, not to mention push him off, so there's no way she could be any great fighter.

Too confused to dodge. She did notice with enough time for even a normal person to move.
As for her skills, well, didn't she slice up like everyone else?

I kinda like the protagonist and his guts to pretty much dive into our heroine's pool of happiness.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I've pretty much read all of Dal-Young Lim manga/manwha's and I always thought that Freezing's MC was the worst out of all Dal-Young Lim manga's... and the last two minutes of this episode were a good example of why I think that.

Oh and in case anyone thinks Kurokami, the Sunrise anime adaption of that pretty much changed his personality, the manga version was much better.. a bit off an asshole (+ some personailty...) but still much better than the crap we got served in the anime.

Megiddo wrote:

She didn't think any guy in her school would be retarded enough to touch her, let alone in the middle of an obvious fight.

And there's a reason for the lack of pushing off, plot device...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I kinda like the protagonist and his guts to pretty much dive into our heroine's pool of happiness.
It was nothing to do with guts. He seems to be mentally challenged and does not realize that his sister is dead (this is despite the student council president relating to him how his sister sacrificed her life to kill the angel.. errr nova), so for some reason he thought Satellizer was his sister.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Big boobs + lotsa gore = recipe for Blood- enjoyment.

Thank you, Freezing creators for "getting" me.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Dropped after about 10 minutes. Don't know what it was that bothered me exactly, but I just didn't like it. Sad

Fanservice and action in a school setting are all elements I love. This should have been a hit with me. But, it just wasn't. Putting it on the digital shelf for now. Maybe if I hear good things later, I'll come back to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Quick question:

Did the Queen or Sattelizer (blond chick w/ big boobs who has a cold demeanor) kill the girl in the beginning of the first episode? On the computer screen it said kill so idk, but the setting was a militaristic training sight so.....

If she did kill the girl that was cold lol shit

[EDIT: Merged. -TK]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9