• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
fooly cooly

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMonarch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
does any 1 no if ther gona start translating all the Japanese episodes of flcl. because i herd that ther was a lot of them that were in Japanese.

[death is just another path, one which we must all take - Gandolf][/quote]
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote
well, their already translated, and there's only episodes. It's been on Adult Swim. Multiple times. I'll forgive if you don't have a cable or satellite service but it's already out there.
TheMonarch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:05 pm Reply with quote
ya i kinda "lost" cable when my father got pissed of a comcast for biling us for stuff we didint do so it looks like I've missed alotwell im in the process of geting sat. so maby i can see them now.

t.y.
Asuka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:03 pm Reply with quote
There are 6 episodes of the FLCL anime, and two volumes of the manga. Both are translated and released in the US completely.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote
TheMonarch wrote:
comcast for biling us for stuff we didint do

In other words, Comcast up to their usual antics. My family tried getting Comcast to replace DISH Network, and the customer service was so bad we cancelled in under 48 hours. Thankfully we hadn't called to cancel DISH yet. Laughing

Anyway, yeah, FLCL's only six episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LxTrix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know why the 2 dvds are so expensive? Its like they didn't make many or them or something.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
LxTrix wrote:
Does anyone know why the 2 dvds are so expensive? Its like they didn't make many or them or something.

There are three DVDs. They cost as much as any other DVD, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote
what bugs me is that there aren't a lot of episodes on each dvd... i was hoping flcl would be on one-two dvds since it's so short
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, really, we're lucky. They got them on six DVDs in Japan, and they probably cost twice as much as the ones we have here, making it four times as expensive. Really, the price issue probably isn't because Synch-Point was trying to be stingy. It costs a lot to license an anime show. I'm sure they calculated how many units they would expect to sell and what price they would need to ensure that they would recoup their costs and return some kind of a profit. The other alternatives would have been to reduce the number of episodes per disc and lower the price, or increase the number of episodes per disc and raise the price. I don't think many people would be willing to pay $15 per disc for one episode per disc or $45 per disc for three episodes per disc.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
isn't there a box set of it coming out soon (i.e. this "holiday season")?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:04 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
TheMonarch wrote:
comcast for biling us for stuff we didint do

In other words, Comcast up to their usual antics. My family tried getting Comcast to replace DISH Network, and the customer service was so bad we cancelled in under 48 hours. Thankfully we hadn't called to cancel DISH yet. Laughing

Anyway, yeah, FLCL's only six episodes.

I have comcast every once in a while we have trouble...mostly the cable will go out for like three days and we wouldn't even be warned about it kind of pisses me off. But never had billing troubles. And the customer service when calling about the cable being out gives us a hard time....like are you sure you have the wires in correctly? after we answered that question 50 times... "Oh I'm sorry but I JUST got the information yes we had to take it down for it to be updated. kills me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1