• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Paranoia Agent ending

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evasiege

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:31 am Reply with quote
Can someone explain the very ending to me? I don't understand the old guys role...
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:44 am Reply with quote
ummm... well, since it says ending, I'll assume that it will be assumed that there are spoilers in here...

The old dude was mainly just a distraction... he made MANIWA put a bunch of crap together that didn't particularly mean anything *through his enigmatic words*

But then, as shown in the ending, when you keep connecting things that don't really have anything to do with eachother *like what MANIWA did, when he came to certain conclusions that would end up being correct... it was probably just coincidence*

You turn into the old guy/radar man

you know, I should pick up the DVDs again some time, this was a nifty little show
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:57 am Reply with quote
I don't know. Honestly I think there was more reasoning behind the old man. This is why it such a good anime liek Akira is because it leaves for much debate. I believe the old man was there for the comming of Lil'slugger and the new guy who was radar man or the cop is in place to help train another when another lil slugger comes (not specifically lil'slugger but a fake entity that was like lil'slugger and could twist into the minds of others).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:01 am Reply with quote
Well, yeah, but in terms of the technical aspects of what the hell is really going on, KON was quite clear with what he was trying to say if you ask me

The old man was there because... well, he was there...

He muttered a bunch of stuff and MANIWA somehow thought that he had the answers to everything without actually rationalizing the conclusions he came too *this is pretty much why everything looked exaggerated in the ending, when it probably wouldn't ACTUALLY look like that*

When he was correct, it was just a coincidence *Like... TOKYO GODFATHERS, that's a pretty good example*
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:04 am Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
Well, yeah, but in terms of the technical aspects of what the hell is really going on, KON was quite clear with what he was trying to say if you ask me

The old man was there because... well, he was there...

He muttered a bunch of stuff and MANIWA somehow thought that he had the answers to everything without actually rationalizing the conclusions he came too *this is pretty much why everything looked exaggerated in the ending, when it probably wouldn't ACTUALLY look like that*

When he was correct, it was just a coincidence *Like... TOKYO GODFATHERS, that's a pretty good example*

I never saw Tokyo godfather but heard good things of it. It's an only subbed anime right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:07 am Reply with quote
... yeah, DREAMWORKS kinda shafted us on that...

But who knows, I mean, MILLENIUM ACTRESS got a nice *from what I hear* dub in the UK

Has TG been released there yet?

ALSO, I suspect that maybe ANIMAX came out with a singapore based ENGLISH dub for TOKYO GODFATHERS, but I'm not too sure since no one seems to have watched it when it aired there... I sure would like to know though
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:16 am Reply with quote
Yeah... I'm more of a dubbing then subbing. Subbing to me is just something to do for past time entertainment, because it's hard for me to watch movies and read at the same time. People pls don't argue with me on dubbing and subbing I'm just stating I have trouble with it ok, so I'm stating now there's no need to get in a debate about subs and dubs.And a sub right about now sounds like a good thing to eat...I'm going to subway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1