• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
hm... uncut Yu-Gi-Oh off delay?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote
according to Amazon, uncut volume 4 is shipping right now.

it should also be noted that it's outselling the newest edited DVD by a landslide.

not holding my breath, but it does give some hope.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Yashouzoid wrote:
according to Amazon, uncut volume 4 is shipping right now.

it should also be noted that it's outselling the newest edited DVD by a landslide.

not holding my breath, but it does give some hope.

Hoping they fixed the "dubtitles", and upped the episode count, but it's somewhat doubtful.

Lots of things to say, but they're all mostly redundant as long as it gets out.
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Hoping they fixed the "dubtitles", and upped the episode count, but it's somewhat doubtful.

The episode count is still 3 eps, I believe. I also remember reading that the dubtitles were fixed in Volume 3.

As long as 4Kids hasn't discarded the uncut DVDs yet... I'm hoping these numbers will show 4Kids that the way they're doing things... well, sucks.
Kouji

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I think this is some sort of goof. Perhaps Amazon.com didn't recieve the message from 4Kids that the uncut Yugioh DVDs were cancelled? I've checked CDUniverse.com and Rightstuf.com and neither of them have volume four of Yugioh listed as being available. I also checked to see if Amazon.com said the same thing about the uncut Shaman King DVDs because they too were suposed to be cancelled by 4Kids, but they still have volumes three and above listed as being currently unavailable.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
I think this is some sort of goof. Perhaps Amazon.com didn't recieve the message from 4Kids that the uncut Yugioh DVDs were cancelled? I've checked CDUniverse.com and Rightstuf.com and neither of them have volume four of Yugioh listed as being available. I also checked to see if Amazon.com said the same thing about the uncut Shaman King DVDs because they too were suposed to be cancelled by 4Kids, but they still have volumes three and above listed as being currently unavailable.

Uh, Amazon has always had Volume 4 on "Date not finalized" until now.

Surprise release? But yes, that's the reason I'm doubting this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1