• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Marmalade Boy

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:46 am Reply with quote
Has anyone ever read it its so freaking hilarious.
mahoro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Read it and watched it, gets kind of old after awhile Miki is too immature and Meiko is unrealistic about life and finances. Confused
Dranxis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I do agree about Kiki and Meiko (though I admire the girl for following her dreams) but I thought it was an enjoyable series. It was one of the few shojo manga I could stand, and had a good mix between comedy and drama. I've heard the mangaka's other work, UltraManiac, is pretty good. Does anyone know how it compares to Marmalade Boy?
apple pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:33 pm Reply with quote
i liked the anime but i have trouble with clear shojo manga. closest i ever came is kare kano
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I've read it all, and it was pretty good, though I do like action/philosophy better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Akana san

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
read it all but I move on to other stuff.very good though,comedy and abit dramatic.
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I've never read it before, but my friend told me it was really good and that she likes it... so I guess its probably good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RabbitRevolution

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:53 am Reply with quote
Dranxis wrote:
I've heard the mangaka's other work, UltraManiac, is pretty good. Does anyone know how it compares to Marmalade Boy?

I've read all of Marmalde Boy (which I enjoyed and am sad that it's going out of print) and one volume of Ultramaniac. Besides the obviously different fantasy element that is added to Ultramaniac, it's also a lot less angsty than MB. Wackiness occurs because of magical hijinks rather than soap opera elements like in MB. Ultramaniac had me laughing a few times, and I do think you'd like it if you enjoy light-hearted, cute comedy.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quote
what would everybody rate marmalade boy i need to know because i am looking for a good romance manga Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I don't really have a rating I can give it, but if you want a good romance manga (which you do), I would say get it. or at least get/borrow the 1st volume and see how you like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:52 am Reply with quote
Anime catgrin Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
qollocust

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:18 am Reply with quote
I personally really enjoyed the manga, because it wasn't too long or too short and it had a decent story. The crazy parents were the best though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1