• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How I lost a date.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulmarti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:19 am Reply with quote
Well, the magazine store over here is the only one near my neighborhood that sells Anime magazines and manga comics. Anyways, the guitar magazines were right next to the anime section, and I was standing there looking at the anime section. When a girl came up to me, leaned against me, and whispered into my ear "I totally dig guitarists." Or something like that. And with a big smile on my face I replied "Alright hon, just let me get my anime magazine and we'll go to your place." Then when I got my magazine she walked away. Talk about shallow!!!
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:21 am Reply with quote
So do you actually play guitar?
Arkard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:09 am Reply with quote
If this story was real it would be quite funny.
But, if by sheer coincidence and a mockery by the powers that Be, this scenario actually happened I gave only one thing to say: dumbass! You could have gone on a date but now you are stuck with your little anime magazine Razz
Neo-Yasha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:05 pm Reply with quote
What you people are not noticeing is that...actaully, yeah, that is pretty funny...is that this girl wouldn't have worked for him anyhow.Chances are you'd blow after the first 10 min.. Besides that though, that's 'icken hilarious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps it was more the "We'll go to your place" rather than the "anime magazine" part of your response that turned her off. I mean, I know she's the one who came on to you and everything, but hearing that coming from a prospective date would kill all my interest immediately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
If she walked away because you said "Let's go to your place," I can understand because that makes you sound like a sex pervert who just wants to get in her pants. If she walked away because you bought an anime magazine, than she's a shallow preppy female dog who's probably into crap like N*Stink and American Idol.

Neo-Yasha wrote:
What you people are not noticeing is that...actaully, yeah, that is pretty funny...is that this girl wouldn't have worked for him anyhow.Chances are you'd blow after the first 10 min.. Besides that though, that's 'icken hilarious.

Judging from what he said, I agree when you say he probably would've blown in the first 10 minutes. No, wait, she'd be blowing. Laughing

What? I'm just saying they'd probably have pizza together and her slice would be hot, so she'd have to cool it off. Wink
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
If she walked away because you said "Let's go to your place," I can understand because that makes you sound like a sex pervert who just wants to get in her pants. If she walked away because you bought an anime magazine, than she's a shallow preppy female dog who's probably into crap like N*Stink and American Idol.

LOL the irony. You said she's shallow for hating anime, but you go on saying you dislike her because she might likes Nsync and American Idol. .

Reverse quote below.
Starwind Amada wrote:
If she walked away because you said "Let's go to your place," I can understand because that makes you sound like a sex pervert who just wants to get in her pants. If she walked away because you bought an N*Stink and American Idol magazine, than she's a shallow preppy female dog who's probably into crap like anime .

Cloe wrote:
Perhaps it was more the "We'll go to your place" rather than the "anime magazine" part of your response that turned her off. I mean, I know she's the one who came on to you and everything, but hearing that coming from a prospective date would kill all my interest immediately.

It can be any possiblity, perhaps she was just playing a prank by being a tease. But yeah, the whole "my place so I can be a sex maniac" probably turn most girls off.
Paulmarti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I seriously need dating tips v.v Or at least go out with different people.
heavans_gaurd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:

well if i waz her i woudn't mind....NOT!Not to be harsh, sorry....but it is true...*thinks*.....
Paulmarti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, she was so straightforward. She didn't mess around. You think something like "Sure, lets go to your place." would really affect what she's thinking?
sx_aino

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Paulmarti"]Well, she was so straightforward. She didn't mess around. You think something like "Sure, lets go to your place." would really affect what she's thinking?[/quote]the best thing for girls, is to let them no when they are so mad invite them to your place.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I'm inclined to agree. Even if she was straightforward, you would have had a better chance if you offered to take her out for a drink.
shako

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote
lol I knew what this was going to be about.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
sx_aino wrote:
the best thing for girls, is to let them no when they are so mad invite them to your place.

Pardon? Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're saying here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Arkard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:28 am Reply with quote
Man, soon this will turn into "date tips" IRC kind of thread Smile Do you realy feel the need to ask for dating advice from anime fans? Razz (I am joking if anyone hasn`t noticed). You would have a better chance asking your local football team to help you with your UNIX code Wink

But seriously: if you REALLY did what you described then Yes, you do need help with picking up girls.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2