• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most powerful gundam

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Recently I had an argument with my friend about which gundam was stronger wing zero custom or freedom. I supported freedom while my friend supported wing zero. In my opinion Freedom is the most powerful as it has a vast array of weapons, including the meteor which makes it the most powerful. Gundams can be from any series in the franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nionel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Ya know, as much as I hate to say this, this topic is rather pointless. Comparing Gundams for two different universes is very hard to do, given that each universe has it's own set of rules. So from a realistic stand point it's not really possible to compare concidering the Wing Zero has it's broken Zero system and the Freedom...well, it has Kira...
TF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:15 am Reply with quote
well, Wing Zero would be more powerful since it is strong enough to destroy colonies with one shot of its beam rifle
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:35 am Reply with quote
TF wrote:
well, Wing Zero would be more powerful since it is strong enough to destroy colonies with one shot of its beam rifle

Um, I think ANY beam rifle could blow a hole in (not destroy) a colony.

These threads are difficult though. It's hard to compare Gundams from very different series. The Gundam from the original series is designed to follow modern-day science, (except the whole Newtype thing) while the Wing Gundam from Gundam Wing is designed to have all kinds of fantastic abilities which would be impossible to do in real life (if we had mobile suits). And I have a feeling a lot of the people who reply with "WING ZERO KICKS ASS!" are "Wingers" (little kids who've only seen Gundam Wing and know nothing of the rest of the Gundam universe). No offense. Wink

But to answer the question, I would have to say the Nu Gundam. I say this because of the funnels that are controlled by Amuro (only he can pilot it because it's finely tuned for him as a Newtype). Then again, the Freedom would probably be on par with it (I don't really know the technicalities of mobile suits; ask Mark Simmons).
Insane E

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:47 am Reply with quote
Ultimate Gundam ...

Nionel is kinda on the right track. It's really hard to compare the different Gundams from the different universes.

With that said, would this not just turn into another listing thread?
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:33 am Reply with quote
Insane E wrote:
Ultimate Gundam ...

Nionel is kinda on the right track. It's really hard to compare the different Gundams from the different universes.

You mean the Devil (Dark) Gundam before it turned evil, right?
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I still say God Gundam is the most powerful because it feeds off of the pilot's energy making its defensive limits beyond that of a normal mobile suit. However I'd also put Zeta and Double Zeta at the top as well cause they both possess the Bio Sensor.
Insane E

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:54 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty simple, I mean the Ultimate Gundam.
If you would like to describe it as the Dark Gundam before it crashed do so Smile
Fenrir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget the Victory with his Minovski system that gave it thoose crazy wings of light that could also be used as a weapon.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Insane E wrote:
It's pretty simple, I mean the Ultimate Gundam.
If you would like to describe it as the Dark Gundam before it crashed do so Smile

That what it was called. What, you think I'm making it up. It's pretty simple, that was its original name. Rolling Eyes
Insane E

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
ROFL
that i never learn to read my posts before I post them Razz
should have been 'after' not 'before' ...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:05 pm Reply with quote
TF wrote:

And yet at the same time it couldn't even break down a door. Gundam Wing's physics are absolutely nonexistant, which kind of lends greatly to the futility of arguing (at least across alternate universes) which Gundam is the "strongest."

And if we're judging this based on how much destruction the Gundam caused, spoiler[Turn-A kinda wiped out all of civilisation, so...there's that. Kinda hard to beat that.]

Tempted to lock this one, but I'll let it go for a little while longer and see if any worthwhile discussion kicks up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Tempted to lock this one, but I'll let it go for a little while longer and see if any worthwhile discussion kicks up.
Please do this topic is so stupid since you can't argue what is stronger across different universe. If the topic was which UC suit was the strongest, or which Gundam Seed suit is the strongest, etc etc etc. But of course its not.

Till next time,
Delta Kiral

P.S. This topic has no point since we all know Epyon is the best Very Happy
Iemander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote
YEAH RIGHT!

Everyone knows Kanchi wins all right?
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Anybody that didn't mention some kind of Mobile Fighter or the ∀ probably isn't aware of the fact that those guys are in a completely different class of their own when compared to the others.

I've heard that the Phoenix Gundam is insanely powerful too.

TF wrote:

The Colonies of that era are ****ing pathetic.

TranceLimit174 wrote:
However I'd also put Zeta and Double Zeta at the top as well cause they both possess the Bio Sensor.

No love for The O?

Deltakiral wrote:
Please do this topic is so stupid since you can't argue what is stronger across different universe.

Dark History.

Deltakiral wrote:
This topic has no point since we all know Epyon is the best

Blow off its arms and see what happens then.

Well, unless its Chest Gatlings make another magical appearance...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4