• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Karas

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
logboy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote
you can google the title and find the site for this new show, the first volume is on dvd at the end of may in japan. looks like a high quality anime show with a visual style like satoshi kons work - very nicely drawn.

http://www.thekaras.net/

i wonder if anyone knows of anything with regards a USA release for it?...

streaming trailer :

http://www.thekaras.net/./movie/meta.php?n=1&e=.asx
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:08 pm Reply with quote
It looks interesting at first sight, kinda dark along the lines of Boogiepop. I either give it a hit or a miss.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:18 pm Reply with quote
It's visually very impressive, but also rather confusing.
I've had the first volume of an American comic based on the same story for some time (also called Karas).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's some pretty sleek looking animation. I watched the trailer and thought I heard the voiceover say something about "ninja," though it was kind of hard to hear.

But from the looks of it, I get the sense it'll be some kind of science fiction or maybe even supernatural themed series.

Looking at the production team in the Encyclopedia entry, it seems like an intriguing group of people. I thought one of those mechanical designs looked familiar (one of them looking like Soul Taker), and they have people from Witch Hunter Robin and Wolf's Rain as well.

This should be an intersting series.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Karas is intended to be Tatsunoko's new hero for the 21st century, along the lines of Gatchaman and Casshan.

This will be interesting.
It's Debateable

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:43 am Reply with quote
yes the animation is simply spectacular. But there isn't even an english fansub of episode 1 out yet, so it's going to be awhile.
Laruto

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:46 am Reply with quote
I've seen the first ep and booooooooooooy! this show is wonderful in its animation and the action is on another level Shocked I love it!
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
I've seen the first ep and booooooooooooy! this show is wonderful in its animation and the action is on another level Shocked I love it!
I thought the animation might be on a high level, but I just saw the picture, and I still haven't checked out the trailer. Any specifics, Laruto?
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:23 pm Reply with quote
The trailer made this look really cool. I just hope we have a timely release schedule. I can't take another Macross Zero.
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Laruto wrote:
I thought the animation might be on a high level, but I just saw the picture, and I still haven't checked out the trailer. Any specifics, Laruto?

Sorry I took so long to reply but I had to work. now for Karas the mech suits are in 3-D but they moved so fast, also the first fight scene in ep one last for like a real long time. however not to mention we get a wicked ending, pulse in the beginning there's some strange connection between the two fighters and some white haired dude. I really hope that did something for you I have to go write my report to finish up; sorry if it kinda gumbled up Embarassed
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:30 am Reply with quote
Karas does look like a great anime. I saw it in one of the Newtype magazines, I think August. Not sure have to go check. I watched the trailer not to long ago. I fell instanly in love with Rurutias voice. The music moves me ^^;. Though still waiting for the first episode. How many episodes is this going up to?
logboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:37 am Reply with quote
6. short series. nice quality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1