• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pak Romi name correction

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invidia

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:34 am Reply with quote
person#7021

The "Also known as" field is incorrect: she is never also known as "朴美." Her name is 朴璐美, and since "璐" in her name is not a Shift-JIS encoding character, her name is sometimes rendered as "朴口美" instead due to technical limitations.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:05 am Reply with quote
Is it fixed now? I copied 璐美 from your error report and looks perfectly fine for me.

Sidenote: I recommend every ANN user who uses WinXP to install the entire East Asian language support if possible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote
There is a rather small issue on her name. Many websites, magazines and domestic DVD releases list her as "Romi Park." On her official homepage, the hiragana used to translate her rather complex kanji name reads "Paku, Romi." I know she's part Korean, but what's the correct spelling of her name?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Invidia

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:26 am Reply with quote
My bad.. that should be 朴ロ美, not 朴口美 (katakana "ro" instead of "mouth"). After a browser refresh of the person page, I still see:

Also known as:
美 朴
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Invidia wrote:
My bad.. that should be 朴ロ美, not 朴口美 (katakana "ro" instead of "mouth").

Strange. That looks like a replacement ('blank') character when your system does not have the corresponding font for that character. What is the version and language of your OS?

Invidia wrote:
Also known as:
美 朴

Well, that's a problem I'd like to solve, but I couldn't. There are several other similar problems, where kanji were submitted or merged as aliases, which should not happen. They should be removed instead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1