• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Metal Panic question.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watchdog210

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Just a quick question about Full Metal Panic.

I have been watching FMP on HULU over the last couple days and I would like to know what to watch next.

That's worded poorly, I mean What is next, FMP the Second Raid or FFOMFFU (sp?)
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid is the sequel, while Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu is an extremely funny comedy series that doesn't tie into the main storyline at all. The former is rather serious and full of angst, drama and Mecha battles, while the latter is just hilarious hijinks with Sousuke, Kaname and the others. You can watch either one next, it doesn't matter. But make sure you do watch both of them, as they are miles better than the first series (in their own ways).
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Dtm42 is correct by saying that it really doesn’t matter if you watch FMP! Fumoffu or FMP! The Second Raid next. But if you want to stick to the original order in which they aired then watch Fumoffu. For future questions regarding the correct order to watch a series, I recommend using the ANN Encyclopedia. If you search for a series in the encyclopedia and then look under related anime it will display the order in which the sequels were released.
watchdog210

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. I didn't think about the ANN Encyclopedia. Sorry, had a brain fart.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 pm Reply with quote
watchdog210 wrote:
Thanks for the info. I didn't think about the ANN Encyclopedia. Sorry, had a brain fart.

It happens to the best of us. Anime hyper Wink Mr. Green
Viorexx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quote
seeing that there is a question about this anime. i would like to put on up too.
has anyone heard about season 3 of FMP.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:54 am Reply with quote
Viorexx wrote:
seeing that there is a question about this anime. i would like to put on up too.
has anyone heard about season 3 of FMP.
If it ain't listed here, then no one is admitting to knowing anything!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote
Well second raid is kind of a third season, but if you mean after that, there is no news at all. People expect that Kyoto Animation would do a another season, but they do few things at a time, they have been preoccupied with K-ON! (including a movie being made) and word is they are starting a new show soon. So sadlly doesn't look soon.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Speculation only - now that the novels are wrapping up this year, maybe we'll get something in a year or two?

It would, of course, be posted on ANN first, but... here's to hoping that there's going to be something.

I'll pose a question too, I guess. =)

I noticed that FMP has several references to other series such as Death Note in The Second Raid. But I think I found a reference to FMP in something other than The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. In Fumoffu, there is a scene where the students are running up a hill, trying to get to where Sousuke is hiding out, "observing" them while "becoming one with nature" while the rest of the class is supposed to draw him in nature. Kaname, frustrated with Sousuke's antics, unleashes the class on him. In this scene, the students dodge rolling oil (?) barrels, logs tied to trees, and even get stuck in glue-like sap traps. I had seen Fumoffu first so, when I saw Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai and saw an extremely similar sequence of events, I got goosebumps. Anime smile I thought it was just my imagination, so I put in Fumoffu, found the scene, and watched it just to make sure. Sure enough, they're super similar. Based on the encyclopedia, FMP Fumoffu came first. However, I was wondering if maybe Fumoffu could have spoofed part of the Higurashi game which was definitely released prior to Fumoffu.

I haven't noticed something so strikingly similar to this scene in other series. Perhaps it is a parody of some other show that I haven't seen? It just seemed odd for those two series to have practically the same sequence.

Has anyone else noticed this occurrence? Is there someone out here more familiar with the Higurashi PC Game or FMP Manga who could shed some light on why these two scenes are so similar when the series are so vastly different? It's just been bugging me for a while.

Thanks! =)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1