• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime what to get?..or not?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mangaman23k2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Hey....im new here and i got bored so i thought that i would get some help on anime vids and see what ones i should get..

Naruto
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Beebop
Excel Saga
..Thses are some of the anime i like so that you might get a idear of what kind of anime i like
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I see... action... action... and crazy slapstick humor. Try FLCL... and perhaps Full Metal Alchemist as well.

Or just be me, and go to Best Buy, and buy on pure instinct. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mangaman23k2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote
yeah.....they are the good ones but i do like some just for thir animation such as Jin Roh wolf bergade and Princess monenokei and IKeteru Futari the comadys are good..i like them..and the .....im not much for the love ones..Thats why i odnt like Inyuyasha..to much of it
Krelian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Quite a diverse list you got there. Let's see what you might like based on those 4 titles...

1) Naruto-kinda things:
Flame of Recca is very similar to Naruto, just older ^-^. Most fights are fought using the 'trick your opponent senseless' principle as well. Other suggestions: GetBackers (great music too), Ikki Tousen & Tenjou Tenge if you're looking for fan service. Rurouni Kenshin (TV series if you're looking for tactical battles, OVA's if you're looking for a more realistic approach)

2) Excel Saga: absurd humor it is Smile. So far I've not encountered many anime series with the same level of randomness that Excel Saga has achieved. Although '2x2=Shinobuden' comes very close. FLCL is funny and random too, but it weirded me out just a little too much to completely shut down my brain like I could do with Excel Saga. Guardian Hearts can also be mentioned. Other rather succesful comedy series but with less randomness include: Love Hina, Mahoromatic, Slayers (and variants), Jungle wa itsumo Hale nochi Guu (some randomness),...

3) Cowboy Bebop: Really a series which stands by itself. Bebop is defined by the special style or mood that it brings with it, especially the music. Other anime series that were made with style in mind are Hellsing, maybe Trigun. I found that The Melody of Oblivion had quite a unique feel to it as well. This, of course, is completely my personal opinion.

4) Outlaw Star: It's rather difficult to name anime series that are alike. Or perhaps I haven't seen any yet. If you're just looking for anime series that take place in outer space, several solid series exist such as Vandread, Stellvia of the Universe, Nadesico and Banner/Crest of the stars.

Note to people who care: I'm not trying to be the anime expert here, these are just personal opinions, and I'm just trying to help people to the best of my abilities. My apologies if I sound like a know-it-all Wink
Osaka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:27 am Reply with quote
Well I've heard Bleach is a pretty good one, some people who like Naruto like this title. It's got the Shinigami element

I'd also reccommend Irresponsible Captain Tylor it's a space comedy to put it lightly Wink It's an older anime but it's a lot of fun to watch and the characters grow on you steadily.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1