• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Error in title for Brave Command Dagwon OAV! (#1830)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKosygin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:18 am Reply with quote
Oopss, I did not pick up the error until now.

For entry number 1830, the main title for the Brave Command Dagwon OAV is written as "Brave Command Dagwon - The Boy of the Time Crystal" is totally and utterly wrong. (How could I have missed such an obvious error?)

In any case: "水晶の瞳の少年" Is what appears on the title of the LDs, it translates literially to: Crystal of Pupils Of Young Boy.... but more accurately: "The Boy with Crystal Eyes". It refers to the crystal-like eyes of Kenta.

Please correct the error soonest. Thank you.

Last edited by AKosygin on Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:29 am Reply with quote
Done.

Wow, you submitted this title more than two years ago. I didn't even know the existence of ANN at that time. Shocked

Since the "水晶の瞳の少年" part has no official translation yet, I switched the Japanese romaji as the main title and put the English translation under "alternative titles." The katakana you submitted was half-width; corrected with full-width ones.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AKosygin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:45 am Reply with quote
My Japanese was also weaker at that time, hence the unnoticed error. I have been taking Japanese classes and working with a Japanese translator, it helps. It tells you how long that LD has been sitting on my shelf.

As for the width thing... I better check my input settings. It is getting funky, I must have misconfigured the toggle keys. *Wish laptop has Japanese keyboard like desktop computer.*

While you are at it, could you link up this one with the TV series? (Related)

有難うございました!
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:01 am Reply with quote
AKosygin wrote:

Wasn't it done already?

[ sequel of Brave Command Dagwon (TV) ]

Unless, it is not a sequel of the TV series, but from what I've learned,
Official website wrote:
サルガッソとの戦いが終結して一年後

the story of OVA happens one year after the end of TV series, so I assume it is a sequel, no?

BTW, should I include it in the Brave Saga?

AKosygin wrote:
有難うございました!

Anytime. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AKosygin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
AKosygin wrote:

Wasn't it done already?

Well, when I first posted it, it was not. Then AFTER (or rather while I was typing it) it was done.
Quote:

[ sequel of <a href="anime#1831">Brave Command Dagwon (TV)</a> ]

Unless, it is not a sequel of the TV series, but from what I've learned,
Official website wrote:
サルガッソとの戦いが終結して一年後

the story of OVA happens one year after the end of TV series, so I assume it is a sequel, no?

BTW, should I include it in the Brave Saga?

Yeah, that does say one year after the end. And in the OAV they have already put away their wrist command watches and had to go get them from their "storage" places. Yoku keeps his at the most unconventional places I could think off, while Kai keeps it at the most likely and respectable place possible.

As for Brave Saga: Yeah, you probably should. Though one could argue that it is not part of the TV showing like the other Brave Saga series.
Quote:

AKosygin wrote:
有難うございました!

Anytime. :wink:
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1