• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Firefox 3 issues with new layout

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tank252ca

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
Not sure if this is just Firefox 3 related or possibly has to do with the NoScript plug-in, but with the new layout the ANN logo is not visible and the roll over menus at the top right are also not visible. Oddly enough, the menus and links still function. If I roll over them I see the related link in the status bar. It's just that the graphics are not visible. The site displays fine under IE8.

I thought that it might be related to NoScript, but I have ANN white-listed and tried disabling NS as well. Other web sites appear to work fine so it seems to be limited to ANN and Firefox.
braves

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:16 am Reply with quote
I can't see the roll over menus as well. I'm using Firefox 3.0.11 and Windows Vista.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daxomni

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote
Have you tried turning off Adblock Plus?
braves

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
I don't know about Tank252ca, but I don't have Adblock Plus on my browser. Though, I really should. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tank252ca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Menus work fine now. Thanks for the fix.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
I made no fix. Actually I also ran into that problem. The logo and tabs are displayed based on a file called sprite.png and when I did a "view page info" that file was marked as broken. No matter how many times I forced a full reload of the page (and the server did resend it), that file stayed broken. So in the end I went directly to animenewsnetwork.com/stylesheets/system/sprite.png and forced a reload of that url. At last that fixed the problem. So it seems like Firefox is caching a little too aggressively.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:19 am Reply with quote
On the subject of skins though, I had to manually select the Kannagi skin as I was still seeing the default when logged in and I assume this was not supposed to be case. I don't know if it is because I only recently disabled the previous promotional skin which I was not so fond of.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
KrisEllieOphi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm having a weird problem where I have to refresh every page the first time, because the images/text all go up in the corner or something and leave the post areas blank.

I don't know if this is a similar issue. Also running FF, on XP.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1