• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Survey: What Spring 2009 Anime are You Most Looking Forward to?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quote
You mean 'forward' ....
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quote
There's no contest. Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Brotherhood is going to make my Spring.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
There are two Cross Game (one is "Crossgame"), and there are titles not available in spring (such as Kobato.). Guess the "Other" option was used incorrectly. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PlatinumHawke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, surprising to see East of Eden that far up the list.
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
There are two Cross Game (one is "Crossgame"), and there are titles not available in spring (such as Kobato.). Guess the "Other" option was used incorrectly. Rolling Eyes

Isn't Kobato suppose to start airing this October?

Anyway I voted for Cross Game mainly because it's about baseball. But I like the show's pedigree so I definitely looking forward to watching it soon.
Analog_Now

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I predict most people are looking forward to FMA2 because everyone knows about FMA and the other shows not everyone may of heard of
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Although I picked Chi's Sweet Home season two, I really am looking forward to watching Full Metal Alchemist 2 when Funimation licenses this series. I also wouldn't mind watching Dragon Ball Z Kai remastered, if Funimation licenses this as well.

I remember 2007 brought us Genshiken season two (which Media Blasters hasn't licensed yet), Ah My Goddess Ova and the third season of Your Under Arrest.

2008 brought us Chi's Sweet Home and Toradora.

2009 brings us Dragon Ball Z Kai remastered, Full Metal Alchemist 2, Chi's Sweet Home season two and the Eureka seven movie. Toradora was a masterpiece, so we'll see if this spring has any really great shows as well.

I need to finish the first season of Chi's Sweet Home though first before watching the second season though.
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Analog_Now wrote:
I predict most people are looking forward to FMA2 because everyone knows about FMA and the other shows not everyone may of heard of

FMA2 is an automatic for me, but I want to focus on a show that obviously doesn't have the same recognition as FMA but does contain a topic that I have high interest in.

Another show that sparked some interst in me is K-ON . I might check that one out in the future if I have the time.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I didn't see Pandora Hearts on the list either. I'm looking forward to that, Requiem of the Phantom, and K! On the most.
bleuster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Shangri-La.

I always look forward to what Range Murata has up his sleeve.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

Yeah, I just removed a bunch of incorrect additions. Kobato was actually my fault, but I also removed:

Hetalia (January anime)
Cross Game (duplicate)
Denpa Teki no Konojo (OAV)
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:59 pm Reply with quote
(This is mostly a repost from this topic.)

First off, I fully intend to watch FMA and DB, but I'm thinking they'll both produce C&D orders pretty early on so I'm not getting my hopes up. That said I ended up voting for Shangri-La with its promising premise, Gonzo animation (yes, I actually like Gonzo), and beautiful Range Murata characters designs that completely sell me on this. Plus being shown on CrunchyRoll keeping it safe from FUNi C&D orders just seals the deal.

The rest of my spring anime plans-

Intend to watch:

Eden of the East - Pretty intriguing, the trailer really sold it to me. There are a lot of questions that I want to see the answers to.

Guin Saga - It's been a long time since I've watched even a mediocre fantasy title, let alone a good one. I have high hopes for this series.

Valkyria Chronicles - If I owned a PS3 I would definitely own the game this is based on. The character designs, mechanical designs, and setting all strike a chord with me. Unfortunately I don't own a PS3 so this is going to be the next best thing.

Hatsukoi Limited - I've read the first volume of the manga and it genuinely cracked me up. It's a school romance title, but not a harem title (I'm really tired of those) and they actually do some clever things. One of the pairings spoiler[a quiet, reserved girl and monstrous, though misunderstood, brawler] just gets me every time.

Denpa teki na Kanojo - From the creator of Kure-nai, that's really all I need to hear.

Luppin III vs. Detective Conan - I'm only a moderate fan of either one, but I'm expecting big things for this pairing. I predict Conan won't catch Lupin and Lupin won't get the loot, but I still expect a fun story out of it.

To Love-Ru OAV - Didn't I just say I'm tired of Harem titles? Well, I guess I can make an exception for truly bizarre ones. It's being toted as a sequel so I want to see what comes next.

Some interest in, might watch:

K-ON! - I don't expect this to be the next Beck, but it could be a surprise hit.

Sengoku Basara - I like the character designs, always have, but I've never gone as far as to play any of the games (I think only Devil Kings is available in the US anyway). Could be good, we'll see.

Pandora Hearts - The trailer got my attention, could be worthwhile. Might be the next Vampire Knight.

Basquash! - I'm not even a little bit interested in basketball, but robots playing basketball could be good. The animation does look pretty great.

Saki - It'll be on CrunchyRoll for free so there's no harm in trying it out. I don't have any interest in Hikaru no Go, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the manga, this could work the same way.

Queen's Blade -- I don't expect it to be good, but there's no harm in looking. Anime catgrin I have read a bit of the manga, it's a little more interesting than the plethora of fanservice lets on.

It's a good thing I have a lot of free time... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kanon-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I remember 2007 brought us Genshiken season two (which Media Blasters hasn't licensed yet), Ah My Goddess Ova and the third season of Your Under Arrest.

Media Blasters is releasing Genshiken 2 on DVD on 06-30-2009. According to AoD "Genshiken 2 has finally gotten a date and it's being offered in both single disc and disc+box format, which is a real rarity these days."

As far as Spring 2009 anime is concerned I am looking forward to several different series with FMA2 being the main one.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that's a surprise. Maybe the poll should have been: "What Spring 2009 anime are you looking forward to most that isn't FMA 2?"

I picked Natsu no Arashi, for the usual reasons. (SHAFT)
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote
Probably Saki because it looks to be the moé show of the season with the most appealing character designs.

KO-N is second in cuteness.

I don't really know much of anything of the actual stories of anything premiering this spring (except for Fullmetal Alchemist, which was never my bag), so kawaii-ness is all I can go on for my anticipation.

I wish we'd get a fourth season of Minami-ke, though. Not that I'm not expecting the Minami sisters and Minami brothers and other Minami sister to return again at some point in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5