• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
what's good right now?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:37 pm Reply with quote
i'm watching Elfen Lied but so far it's kinda sucky, no new Samurai Champloo comes out til next month, and i'm already reading the Manga of Bleach.

is there any good new anime out right now? so far everything looks kinda mediocre.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Genshinken is IMO the best thing that I have watched this season by far. Think of a more realistic Otaku no Video without the live-action.

Everything else would probably fit in the mediocre category, though.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I recomend:

Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex-Series based on the films, but in it's own little universe. A cybernetic secret section of the government solves technology, and cyborg related crimes led by Major Matoko Kusanagi.

Gungrave-Action; Brandon Heat, was the Millenion organization's best sweeper...before he died anyway. Now he seeks revenge on the the people responsible, including his former best friend and leader of the organization, comming back to life.

Last Exile-Sci-Fi adventure; Clause and Lavie earned a living as air mail curriers, but when they accept a mission from a dying pilot they're thrust into an all out war between the nations of humanity and their genitacally enhanced Guild overseers, all fighting for control of the mysterious device know as Exile.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Gankutsuou looks kind of interesting. If you're familiar with "The Count of Monte Cristo," you may like this. Although, I think this series will be a hit or miss, since the art and animation can be considered a real bother by some. I like it, though.
Baka...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:26 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
no new Samurai Champloo comes out til next month,

What is the Champloo about, from the name i was thinking it was a samurai monkey that was ment for kids, since im stuck in canada i dont have Cartoon Network. Is this series Worth buying? Up to Kenshin standard.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Baka... wrote:
What is the Champloo about, from the name i was thinking it was a samurai monkey that was ment for kids, since im stuck in canada i don't have Cartoon Network. Is this series Worth buying? Up to Kenshin standard.

It's not out in North America yet, not until January 11, anyway. But if you want to see some opinions, you can look at this thread.
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm enjoying the newly English-translated episodes of InuYasha.

And it's only around half the total episodes right now (the last aired episode on CN was 70-something, right?), so we're on the rush towards the end of the road.

And I second Stand Alone Complex. If I could describe it, I think "Cyberpunk CSI" would be applicable -- a nice emphasis on investigation that makes both Stand Alone and Complex episodes stand out from a lot of other cyberpunk stories like it.
Baka...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Lol thanks tony.k to the rescue again hey?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:13 am Reply with quote
My-HiME is a good and new anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1