• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sailor Moon Anime to Stream Worldwide This Winter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
So maybe this is a dumb question, but is the stream going to have subtitles or will it be raw?
RGaspar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I want to see this NAO...if it's a real anime instead of some shorts with SD characters.

We'll see.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I could see it going on Toonami if it were untouched, but I hope untouched means no name changes to appeal to nostalgia. Not even an Ami -> Amy or Rei -> Raye.

I'd prefer this anniversary anime to actually be something serious, something they put effort and time into and not a gag show or a short. Whatever the case, it's Toei, so it won't really have that big of per-budget either way, so I'm not expecting it to be any kind of visual wonder.

I doubt they'll change the names again. Why would they? Especially now with the manga translations being more faithful to the original. They kept their names the same in the manga so why not now?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
I doubt they'll change the names again. Why would they? Especially now with the manga translations being more faithful to the original. They kept their names the same in the manga so why not now?

I'd have said the same thing about Yamato 2199, but now, who knows! I guess we can't rule out any possibilities until the disc is pressed.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
So maybe this is a dumb question, but is the stream going to have subtitles or will it be raw?

If it is anything like what the official Fate/Zero stream was, then it's going to have subtitles in multiple languages. Hope it gets picked up by Crunchyroll, though. Nico Nico's subs were just...there.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:03 am Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima wrote:

Also I'm a little worried about it being a Winter anime. Can anybody name any winter animes that were actually a hit? Maybe it'd make me feel better..

Pretty easy to think of one right off the top of my head: Madoka Magica
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
I'm really excited for this anime . . . but also really scared they're going to recast the original voice actors with "young, cute" ones. Anime hyper Like no one born before the 80s . . .

Agreed 100% with you Crystal. And @fencedude The only young VAs who have proved themselves are Miyano, Ono and Kamiya, Nakamura and Masakazu Morita, but if you compare them to Yamadera, Koyasu, Okiayu, Okawa, Akio and his father Chikao and even Joji Nakata, they fail. The rest have not proved themselves. Also, most female VAs of today do not compare to Mutsuishi or even Megumi Ogata. Call me a nostalgia junkie or whatever, but this is the truth. I've been watching anime for over 20 years in Japanese and back then, these new guys would not have made it, outside bit roles. These young guys are like a lot of the North American young wrestlers of today. Can't talk, can't wrestle, no charisma, generic, etc. In that scene, it's the same. A lot of these guys can't act, no charisma, no nothing. At LEAST when Mutsuishi and friends were young, they hit the ballpark back then, unlike the VAs of now. Unless these young guys prove themeselves, we want to see and hear the legends like Tomokazu Seki, Toshihiko Seki, Toru Furuya, Akio Otsuka and many more prolific, VETERAN voice actors.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:07 am Reply with quote
Those old VAs are gonna retire or die eventually, so move on, grandpa.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
I'd rather have PGSM's cast reprise their roles than the original anime's cast. Too squeaky.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote
To talk about the VA situation "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I see no downside to put in all the original seiyuu as long as they can all properly do there parts.

That said, I can see pretty much most if not all the villain roles replaced if there corresponding seiyuu either don't do Seiyuu work anymore or just are not interested for whatever reason.

On a tangent note, that would be an interesting development is if there is better villain writing especially for the first arc of events.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Keiko Han (Luna, Queen Beryl) is still somewhat active isn't she? I mean she was in an episode of Hunter x Hunter this year. I suspect Yasuhiro Takato (Artemis) might not return if only because he didn't return to voice Artemis in PGSM, even though he is still active so perhaps he's with a different studio now or something?
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
If the new series is a true adaption to the manga, then each chapter would be an episode. Since the Sailor Moon manga ran monthly during its serialization, monthly manga's are like around 40-50ish pages per chapter compared to WSJ's 17-20 pages per chapter.

I think when Osabu said what he said about it not being a remake, I think it will be a sequal that takes place after Sailor Stars.
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so it will have a simultaneous worldwide streaming. I just hope this means a streaming with no regional restrictions.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
You and me both
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
Keiko Han (Luna, Queen Beryl) is still somewhat active isn't she? I mean she was in an episode of Hunter x Hunter this year. I suspect Yasuhiro Takato (Artemis) might not return if only because he didn't return to voice Artemis in PGSM, even though he is still active so perhaps he's with a different studio now or something?

Another issue: if Tomizawa Michie will return. Though as of late she has popped in and out of retirement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7