• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackCox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:39 am Reply with quote
David Lucas is an almost definitely known alias of Steven Jay Blum as seen here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0089710/.

Taylor Henry is an alias of Jamieson K. Price, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0528936/.

Also his name is Jamieson Price, his full name should be put as his birth name
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:34 am Reply with quote
Some people have asked not to have their "aliases" linked, I think Blum may be one of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
j1m0ne
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quote
EDIT: Now fixed, so ignore this.

Last edited by j1m0ne on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
wao

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote
http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=4523 The somewhat well-known Japanese composer Ryuichi Sakamoto needs to be split from the digital compositor who I credited, but they have exactly the same kanji. 坂本龍一.
JackCox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Producer Eric P. Sherman and Eric Sherman are the same exact people http://www.crystalacids.com/database/person/5224/eric-p-sherman/

He more commonly goes under Eric P. Sherman.

Sparky Roberts is one of 20,000 different names used by Kirk Thornton.

Jonathan Fahn and Jonathan Charles are the same people

Kurt Strauss is Kim Strauss

Kirsty Pape and Mia Bradly are both aliases of Karen Strassman.

Jim Taggert is an alias of Peter Doyle.

Liza Rhesus and Destiny are aliases of Mona Marshall.

Callie Young is an alias of Stephanie Young.

Dylan Tully is an alias of Michael Lindsay

Finally

JENNIFER SEKIGUCHI is Stephanie Sheh.

Please just take me at my word I know this stuff.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:02 am Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:
Please just take me at my word I know this stuff.

Err--that's not how it works. You should provide proof--or at least a way to prove your assertion(s) (e.g., an episode and a point in the running time of a DVD, a book and page number, a magazine article, a trustworthy Web site, or other reference). The more work you do, the less work the Encyclopedists have to do, and the happier they are with you. Conversely, the opposite is true--the less information you provide, the more work that they have to do, and the less happy they are. And they are all volunteers, so they have other things to do besides Encyclopedia work--wasting their time is not a good idea.
et516
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote
Not exactly a duplicate, but it seems that there are two Watanabe, Taeko. person#12049, one that is a mangaka and other anime staff. I very much doubt that she is doing animation and mangaka at the same time.
Watanabe Taeko is a mangaka with works such as "Hajime-chan ga Ichiban", "Family", "We are", and more recently "Kaze Hikaru".
http://skygarden.shogakukan.co.jp/skygarden/owa/solrenew_search_ez?jan=cl&pat=w2&text=%93n辺多%8Cb%8Eq
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/渡辺多恵子
wao

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote
Takeshi Imai is two people

One is 今井剛 the editor. (see Kino no Tabi, Ghost in the Shell)

One is 今井武志 the animator (see Black Cat 1 and 2 (the one in ep 13 is a typo, he left out the 2nd kanji, which I assure you happens, I've seen his typos for Sousei no Aquarion), also see Boogiepop Phantom and Aquarion Age) Don't have a source for eX-Driver and Jubei-Chan 2. The Chevalier one is added by me...

Oh wait, and one more is the executive producer 今井隆 (see Kaiketsu Zorori

...Yeah.
et516
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:48 am Reply with quote
Kiko Honda person#15867 and Takako Honda person#8105
Takako Honda would be the right one. Someone added in Naruto Kiko Honda as Anko Mitarashi when it was Takako Honda, making a dummy entry.
http://nas.55street.net/ani53.html
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:46 pm Reply with quote
We all know David Lucas is Steven Blum. So why has nobody fixed it yet.

Also
Sandy Fox has an alias and its Marie Danielle

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0199809/
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
It should be noted that if somebody puts Blum and Lucas together Blum will be one of the most prolific actors with at least 120 credits to his name.
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
Blake SHEPARD
Blake SHEPHERD (misspelling)

The only spelling I've seen in credits is "Shepard", and it clearly has much more roles listed here.
wao

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:51 am Reply with quote
1. Tetsuya Sasaki Tetsuya Sasaki is two different people. One is the Metropolis dude (see here) with the kanji given in the entry, the other is 佐々木徹也 in Chevalier.

Sorry they're just small little nitty gritties but I think sometimes getting it sorted tou earlier is better before too many things add up. Although it's a pain I guess...

2. Hiroshi vs Hiro Kaburagi
Hiroshi Kaburagi 鏑木宏 is read as Hiro Kaburaki I think. His name alternatively appears as 鏑木ひろ. CD Journal writes it as Hiroshi, but the thing is I've seen his credits done as 鏑木ひろ rewritten as 鏑木宏 on blogs. Case in point: NHK. Firstly (if you check this in time) for an upcoming ep of NHK animate.tv lists him as 鏑木宏 here. Although on m-satomi's site he is listed as 鏑木ひろ... which was also what was on the screen credits...
If you want further "confusion", this site has him as 鏑木ひろ and 鏑木宏 for the same show...

This is nicely expressed in a blog post about The Snow Queen #7: 鏑木ひろって鏑木宏さんのことだよね?高橋ひろみたい。
The Japanese wikipedia even clearly shows they are the same person: his entry (see "以前は鏑木 宏名義で仕事をこなしていた。")
Both 鏑木ひろ and 鏑木宏's roles have been put together: for example, 鏑木宏's debut in Hungry Striker and work in Fantastic Children as well as PAPUWA is listed alongside 鏑木ひろ's Speed Grapher and Ginban Kaleidoscope, the Snow Queen entry mentioned earlier

For now I will add entries under 鏑木ひろ to "Hiroshi Kaburagi" so that they all stay within one entry (=less work merging them) but I hope it gets rectified some day soon...

280307 edit: Chevalier is credited under 鏑木ひろ as well.

3. Fumitoshi Oizaki vs Oisaki
Fumitoshi Oisaki = Fumitoshi Oizaki (correct, though less entries)

Most Japanese sites have furigana as Oizaki, I don't think I've seen any Oisaki. Lots of sites (I recommend googling 追崎史敏 ふみとし)
including 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Further proof is that he's apparently co-written the ending for Keroro Gunso (eps 19-26): 作詞:おいざきふみとし+もりちよこ according to here

4. Hiroyuki Makino = Yukihiro Makino

Hiroyuki Makino is a misreading of Yukihiro Makino. Whoever put it in even put the kanji in without realising that it's not the common name 洋行 but its reverse, 行洋 (I almost made that mistake which is how I discovered it.)

5. Akira Katou vs Ken Katou 1 vs Ken Katou 2 -_-
Also, *sigh* 加藤顕 is in two entries but one of the entries he's in is actually schizophrenic...

1. The name can be read as Akira Kato(u) or Ken Kato(u) Akira or Ken. I don't know which is the correct reading and I'm not finding results on google with furigana. One may have to refer to magazines or something. Only hiccup is that R.O.D. entry under Akira, I doubt they're referring to the same person but I have no way to check.

2. The encyclopedia entry for Ken Katou is actually two people: one is the aforementioned 加藤顕, the other is an animator 加藤剣 who works primarily at GONZO.
Here are the credits and who si who:
BLACK CAT - 加藤剣 refer ep 1
Eyeshield 21 - 加藤剣 refer ep 2
Futatsu no Spica - 加藤顕refer ep 10
Gakuen Alice - 加藤顕refer ep 2
NHK ni Youkoso animation -加藤剣 refer ep 1
NHK ni Youkoso direction - 加藤顕 refer ep 9
Ouran Host-bu - 加藤剣refer ep 4, 11, 18
Speed Grapher - 加藤 顕refer to the gallery on the right, eps 4, 9, 14, 24 (last)

I didn't get credits for Gintama and Street Fighter (where does that guy get them for SF? From the show itself?) But I think you can infer that the animator in Gintama is 加藤剣; and considering 加藤顕 is an episode director it's quite plausible that he started out as a animation photographer/composite dude, like Akitaroh Daichi and quite a lot of others. (Therefore he did the Street Fighter stuff.)
Furthermore in his alter ego entry Akira Kato you see he's doing photography in Rurouni Kenshin so it fits quite well.

There are 2 ways I can see to solve this:

One.
-Shift all 加藤顕 to "Akira Katou"
-Leave "Ken Katou" for 加藤剣
Biggest problem: Most people will still submit 加藤顕 as Ken Katou. How? You can't put a redirect thing because it's not like a Yuji/Yuuji case... and they're two separate people.

Unless you can program it so that if someone submits "Ken Katou" and "episode director/unit director/director/photography" it will go to Akira Katou, and if it's got "animation/animation director" it will stay at Ken Katou.
($deity forbid 加藤剣 to start directing, though!!!!)

Two.
-Split "Ken Katou" up into 加藤剣 (animator) and 加藤顕 (director) [how to translate enshutsu into a short word...]
-Shift all "Akira Katou" entries into 加藤顕 (director)
Biggest problem: Quite possible people will still put new Akira Katou entries in. If you made a redirect from Akira Katou -> Ken Katou (director), then you would have to make sure it's only when Akira Katou comes with certain roles as described above, otherwise any other Akira Katou would get unfairly lumped in as well.

But I think the second is better than the first because I think people are less likely to put Akira Katou then Ken Katou.

The problem with everything is that we're of course blatantly assuming what the pronounciation of his name is (which happens a lot, and it can't be helped a lot of times) so if only there was some place even *guessing* what his name was pronounced like...
...But then again he's relatively minor, so... orz

Last edited by wao on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 35 of 145