• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Team/Org Tournament: Guide Write-Ups

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I'll have the Best Student Council writeup ready later tonight - probably in about 8 hours or so.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Nirvana Crew, Vandread
Group Type: Ship's crew/space pirates
Key Members: picture (smaller version if preferred)
(Left to right) Hibiki Tokai (Vanguard pilot), Dita Liebely (Dread pilot), Paiway Underberg, Gascogne Rheingau (Crew chief), Ezra Vieil (Bridge crew), Magno Vivan (Captain), Buzam A. Celessa “BC” (First Mate), Parfet Balbair (Chief Engineer), Duero McFile (Doctor), Bart Garsus (Helmsman), Barnette Orangello (Dread pilot), Jura Basil Elden (Dread pilot), Meia Gisborn (Dread pilot)
What Makes Them a Great Team/Organization: While the majority of the crew are outlaws from the female planet of Mejar, they inadvertently pick up three males from the rival planet Tarak. Transported through space a great distance from their homeworlds, they discover an alien threat, and must work together to evade or defeat the menace and warn Mejar and Tarak of the impending invasion. Although the men and women are initially distrustful of each other, they eventually come to work together as an efficient team. Everyone aboard the ship does their part, from the medics, to the engineers, to the bridge crew, to the logistic staff that resupplies the fighter pilots during battle. To take teamwork a step further, several of the fighters are able to combine with each other, requiring cooperation between the pilots to successfully utilize their abilities.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quote
So no nominators showed up so far, guess I'll do the ones I know by the same time I'm posting this tomorrow, if nobody does it. But today, I'm gonna stretch me legs and watch some anime until I fall asleep. After a whole 13 hours shift with no smoking, I'm dead right now. This time I'll try to put more effort on it.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Miyagami Academy Maximum Authority Wielding Best Student Council, Best Student Council
Group Type: High School Student Council
Key Members: Kanade Jinguuji (President), Nanaho Kinjo (First VP, Assault Squad Leader), Kuon Ginga (Second VP, Covert Squad Leader), Mayura Ichikawa (Treasurer), Rino Rando (Secretary) + Puuchan (her puppet), Sayuri Hida (Assault), Rein Tsunomoto (Assault), Kaori Izumi (Assault), Seina Katsura (Covert), Kotoha Kutsugi (Covert), Ayumu Oume (Covert), Cyndi Manabe (Vehicle)
What Makes Them a Great Team/Organization: Miyagami Private Academy is an all-girl high school founded by Kanade Jinguuji, the future successor of the shadowy Jinguuji conglomerate. Her dream was to create a place where students could live free from restrictions placed upon them by family and/or organizations. The Best Student Council, which holds more power and authority than any of the faculty and staff members, was formed to ensure that freedom. The Best Student Council is divided into four main groups, each of which has their own clearly defined duties and responsibilities: Executive Officers (governance and administration), Covert Squad (gathers intelligence and performs espionage and surveillance operations), Assault Squad (eliminates potential threats to the safety and well being of the school), and the Vehicle Squad (transportation). Why such a powerful group is needed ventures into spoiler territory, but in the background of many of the students are groups that in some way oppose what President Kanade hopes to accomplish, not the least of which is her own Jinguuji clan.

Picture1 - Left to right
Bottom row - Kuon Ginga, Rino Rando (with Pucchan), Kanade Jinguuji, Nanaho Kinjo
Middle row - Ayumu Oume, Seina Katsura, Mayura Ichikawa, Kaori Izumi
Top row - Cyndi Manabe, Sayuri Hida, Rein Tsunomoto
Not pictured - Kotoha Kutsugi

Picture2 - From the front (characters in yellow are not key members)
Unknown, Pucchan, Maachi Hisakawa, Minamo Katsura, Seina Katsura, Ayumu Oume, Rino Rando, Kanade Jinguuji, Kaori Izumi, Rein Tsunomoto, Sayuri Hida, Yukimi Itami, Wakana Hirata, Mayura Ichikawa, Cyndi Manabe, Nanaho Kinjo, Kuon Ginga, Kotoha Kutsugi
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
No Sailor Moon write up? OMG!!! I am writing one now!!!

-----------------

Image!

Inner Senshi (a.k.a. Sailor Scouts), Sailor Moon franchise.
Group Type: Warriors of Love and Justice.
Members: Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon), Ami Mizuno (Sailor Mercury), Rei Hino (Sailor Mars), Makoto Kino (Sailor Jupiter) and finally Minako Aino (Sailor Venus).
What Makes Them A Great Team: Sailor warriors used to be normal schoolgirls until they were chosen against their will as Sailor Senshi. Having no training they have to unite and defend the Earth from numerious evil organizations that threaten to extinguish all life. Overtime Sailor Senshi develop very deep bonds of trust between each other and unshakable faith in their leader Usagi, even willing to sacrifice their lives for her. These qualities lead them to victories in even most desperate situations.

-----------------

"in even most desperate situations", especially during first and last seasons where spoiler[IN THE END EVERYBODY DIES!!!!]. Cool

Truly heroic eh? I sure hope they win a few rounds at least, if not this entire tournament.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Team AAA/Team No name, Bus Gamer
Group Type: Dog-fight
Members: Clockwise from top: Nobuto Nakajyo, Toki Mishiba, and Kazuo Saitoh. pic
What Makes Them A Great Team: This group of three who differ entirely from their living environment and values to protect each other’s lives, but without mutually wiping out their mistrust of each other or prying into each other's privacy, it would be the worst sort of teamwork, conflicting in every way. They only have one point in common, simply that each of them need a large amount of money for their individual circumstances. And to get the large monetary award, they must play in the game despite their very own lives being at stake.

Wiki pretty much had the team described already...
There're two more I could work on the entry guide later, Feathers Seekers and the Host Club. But I'm really hoping someone else could do it instead.
LordofNoe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I can do Feather Seekers and Mew Mews, but I can't guarantee the quality. ANN and Wiki will be my left and right crutch, respectively.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
LordofNoe wrote:
I can do Feather Seekers and Mew Mews, but I can't guarantee the quality. ANN and Wiki will be my left and right crutch, respectively.

Are you kidding me, the whole thing about the Bus Gamer team I posted there is from Wiki...
Gonna get working on it soon (Host Club and ,Feather Seekers), after writing the damn weekly report for my boss and the damn cancellation notice to that useless insurance company.
Leaving Feather Seekers to you then. But if you don't feel like it, I'll do them by sunday morning (-5 gmt).
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Ouran High School Host Club
Group Type: Host Club
Members: Left to right from the picture: Top - Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin(little devil types), Takashi Morinozuka(strong but silent type); Middle - Kyoya Ootori(prince type/president), Tamaki Suoh(cool type/vice president or shadow king) and Mitsukuni Haninotsuka with his bunny(cute type); Bottom - Haruhi Fujioka(heroine/natural type).
What Makes Them A Great Host Club: Providing every girl from Ouran High School with the best hosting services possible. Keeping Haruhi in the group could also be considered their secondary goal. And just like any groups, they also had a lot of internal problems, but with the help of the other members they've conquered all of them. Along the way, they've proven to be able to work perfectly as a team not just inside the hosting club, but also at other activities and whenever any trouble shows up. Always ready to rescue and help one another even in the worst cases.

Alright the pic is quite heavy but I think it fits the club the best.

It's been a while since I've actually watched the anime so it mightn't be as good.

And again, feel free to edit/redo/offend me.

Side note: No wonder Key didn't want to do them.
No useful info about them as a group at all and it actually took me a while just to name them...

If it helps, here's a pic of the Feather Seekers (that floating feather might just give their name a bit more meaning Wink).

Last edited by egoist on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
(boy-lolita type)

I believe the term "shota" is also used.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really into this stuff, but if you say so I'll edit.
Nevermind, I'll just go with "cute", then all their types will be in english.
Totally offtopic: But it was well funny how Key let the dog be a member of Mustang's squad. Guess this adds a little cuteness to their team.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Shota.

Anyway, here's one for the SMS. It's not great, but it's better than nothing. Also, sorry for the lack of a picture, but I don't think I can find a decent screencap without rewatching the entire series, and my google-fu is weak.

Strategic Military Service, Macross Frontier
Group Type: Military unit
Key Members: Pilots: Ozma Lee (Leader of Skull Squadron), Michael Blanc, Luca Angeloni, Alto Saotome (later), Klein Klan (Captain, Pixie Squadron); Crew: Jeffrey Wilder (Captain, Macross Quarter), Bobby Margot (Helmsman, Macross Quarter), Catherine Glass (later)
What Makes Them a Great Team/Organization: The Strategic Military Service is tasked with protecting the Frontier colonization fleet. They must defend the civilian vessels and population from attacks by the bug-like aliens known as the Vajra, and they later discover and move against a conspiracy from within Frontier itself.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
Um, people, I appreciate the effort, but if all you're going to do for the entries is adapt them directly from Wikipedia then don't bother; I could do that myself. What I'm looking for is the kind of insight which comes from having actually watched the series in question and the kind of strength of argument which comes from actually being familiar with the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote
I can't do much about the bus gamer team, it's been just so long since I watched the 3 episodes anime and their identity as a team was just awful. But usually I'd just collect facts from wiki and use it to refresh my memory.
But the "what makes them a great team" from host club was writen by me without even a word from wiki. But of course, that doesn't apply for the members, I don't have a perfect memory.
Also, just edited the entry guide for the host club. Replaced "when" for "whenever".
Maybe I should also point out that I wouldn't be doing it if it was all about wiki, but in the AAA team case I just came accross that, and that just happened to be much better than what I could've writen about them.
LordofNoe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:47 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Um, people, I appreciate the effort, but if all you're going to do for the entries is adapt them directly from Wikipedia then don't bother; I could do that myself. What I'm looking for is the kind of insight which comes from having actually watched the series in question and the kind of strength of argument which comes from actually being familiar with the series.

I apologize. In that case, I can do none of the write-ups. My belief was that I could make things easier by taking the burden of writing it from others. Again, sorry for the inconvenience. One thing I can do is pictures, though. PM me if you're having trouble, everyone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 25