• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Next Season's Promo Video Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quote
jpdsurf wrote:
[spoiler]Love is rarely logical and spoiler[Girls have been known to do things like that when they feel that there is no way out]

spoiler[YOU MISSED MY POINT.

What I was saying was that, in the game, Takayuki seems to run around having sex with bunches of girls, and it's all just self-contained side-story type stuff, but when Mistuki bangs someone else, well, then it's a major event in the main plot.

I'm finding the illogic of this apparent double-standard hard to swallow. The only interpretation that smoothes it is over and preserves suspension of disbelief is that Takayuki's just a jerk, which is just as bad in terms of maintaining narrative credibility.]

Mylene wrote:
spoiler[While he chose her, the last few scenes don't explicitly show them together--for me I took that to mean they realized their little high school romance was just that, a high school romance, and were able to move on and actually find real love, not just adolescent pining.]

spoiler[But when Mitsuki is shown reading about Akane's victory in a swimming competition, she's wearing the ring Takayuki got her when they were in high school...the one she left behind her when she walked out.

The “high school fantasy” angle was covered in Haruka’s last scene with Takayuki, on the beach.

That’s something I really liked about KGNE. Sometimes things just don’t work out. Not to mention that Japanese romances seem obsessed with cloying cuteness about promises and childhood love and crap, I was really glad to see one not end on such a sugary note. It's especially satisfying since it happened to a total moe type who looks like Cardcaptor Sakura.]
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
spoiler[YOU MISSED MY POINT.

What I was saying was that, in the game, Takayuki seems to run around having sex with bunches of girls, and it's all just self-contained side-story type stuff, but when Mistuki bangs someone else, well, then it's a major event in the main plot.

I'm finding the illogic of this apparent double-standard hard to swallow. The only interpretation that smoothes it is over and preserves suspension of disbelief is that Takayuki's just a jerk, which is just as bad in terms of maintaining narrative credibility.]

Does he just randomly bang everyone in the game, though? I haven't played it so I wouldn't know, but I thought in those kinds of games the main endings involve banging only one of them, after developing the relationship.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rg4619

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Does he just randomly bang everyone in the game, though? I haven't played it so I wouldn't know, but I thought in those kinds of games the main endings involve banging only one of them, after developing the relationship.

It depends on the type of game. Most titles that get adapted to anime are of the "true love" variety (minimal sex that's usually limited to the end after a confession).

However, KGNE wasn't a "true love" game. The original was actually a cross between a hardcore sex romp (includes stuff like BDSM and sex slavery) and a soap opera. Normally, sex fests don't have much of a story, but this one did.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quote
Kenji_Ikari wrote:

"Random" or not doesn't matter. He's banging other chicks then just sliding back into the main love triangle; none of these extra girls have endings, you know. It's hard to take him seriously under those circumstances.

And I can't tell for sure, having not played the game, but it's highly probable that the player can have Takayuki bag several or all of the available side girls on a single play-through, so it does give the impression that he's running around.
DarkCntry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Kenji_Ikari wrote:

"Random" or not doesn't matter. He's banging other chicks then just sliding back into the main love triangle; none of these extra girls have endings, you know. It's hard to take him seriously under those circumstances.

And I can't tell for sure, having not played the game, but it's highly probable that the player can have Takayuki bag several or all of the available side girls on a single play-through, so it does give the impression that he's running around.

Not exactly...the type of game KimiNozo is is left up to the player. The option to hump anything that moves in the game is there (albeit somewhat more difficult than you think), but the stories branch off based upon the player's decisions as Takayuki.

For example...if you do attempt to go around humping anything that moves, then you'll probably hit one of the many bad endings which result in various things that most people don't even expect KimiNozo to have, like MAJOR GAME SPOILERspoiler[Mitsuki becoming a full-on sex slave or Haruka becoming Takayuki's mistress while he is with Akane]. The crux of the game is to stick with one girl and show as much attention to her while almost ignoring the other major interactions to arrive at the good endings.

So in effect, in the game it is not Takayuki's indecisiveness that produces the story, but the player's choices and actions. Smile I should also note, that every major character, a few minor, and one non-existent in the anime all have endings...with most of them containing at least two.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3