• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DBZ Remastered: Before and After

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Iritscen wrote:
Wow. You sound exactly like the Star Wars fans who moan and gripe with every re-release of the original trilogy, who then go out and buy it anyway.

If it's a "deal breaker", why are you still getting it? Isn't that an oxymoronic statement? You certainly have other "realistic choices", like not getting it at all!

The problem here is that yeah, maybe it is somewhat hipocritical to go out and buy something that you disagree with. The thing is, though, that unless I buy this, or dodgy bootlegs, or dodgy R3s, or overpriced R2s which still aren't translated, I have no alternative. Just because I'm buying it knowing there is something wrong doesn't make it an oxymoron, what it gives me is more weight when my complaints are eventually heard by FUNimation, because assuming they give two shits about people, they'll actually listen rather than go "well, their money is in the bag". I mean, sure, this is one DVD release, but think about it- they could lose out on people who'd have bought the Bluray or HDDVD release, and whatever format after that.

Quote:
I always wanted to own the show myself (and DB too). But I did record most of the worthwhile episodes onto DVD a while back. It's an inferior picture compared to commercial DVD, for sure, but it's another "realistic choice" for me.

It's not for me, though.
email2003

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:13 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
email2003 wrote:

I'm still not convinced about this whole HD and widescreen promotion for DBZ. I mean, what do they mean they were revising the English audio!? I know there're putting in that crappy 5.1 but I thought maybe they would revise the English script. What needs to be re-dubbed is the whole Ginyu/Frieza episodes where FUNi first started the series again back in 1999.

I don't think they are redubbing anything beyond the episodes that were originally edited (some of which were released in the Ultimate Uncut release, but that was cancelled recently). The difference is going to be in the background music, which will now have the English dub voices with the original background music.

Yeah, I just noticed that part! That right there is worth the set!!!! Finally!!!!!!!

Did they mention the Japanese audio would be in 5.1 or just the English voices with original Japanese BGM in 2.0 mono!?
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:43 am Reply with quote
email2003 wrote:
Did they mention the Japanese audio would be in 5.1 or just the English voices with original Japanese BGM in 2.0 mono!?
DBZ Season Sets DVD FAQ wrote:
English Voice track with Original Japanese Music - 5.1 Surround
English Voice Track with TV Broadcast Music
Japanese Voice Track with Original Music
Linkage
Since they didn't say any thing about the other two, I guess using the source for both.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3