• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Aya Hirano: Prohibited From Acting in New Anime Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Mr_su wrote:
Yeah, and I think they twist the truth, ignore facts and barely use common sense for whatever they are writing on their site for pedophiles.

WHAT they post about might be more compared to other western sites, but how they write it is -if I may- absolute crap and thus disqualifies them as a news source I'd feel comfortable to use.

Japanese culture is pretty moronic a lot of the time, it deserves to be mocked. I have no issue with how they report most of their news, like say the antics of creepy otaku. You have to be a moron to not be able to sepparate the fact from the opinion on thier blog posts.

And calling it a site for pedophiles, give me a break. The lolicon content on the blog is pretty freaking small. If you want to go down that route, you may as well stop watching anime all together.

[EDIT: No [expletive] excessive quoting. If it's a direct reply in which your post will a appear right under the other, there's no need to quote. Or simply use @. -TK]
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
I'm sorry, did you just call me a scrub? Wow ,1997 called, they want their archaic poseur slang back. LOL, that's hilarious on its own. And all I see is you arguing that she should bend over for some grossly sexist system that demands females in media to act like like the complete property of creepy virgin fanbois. She can act however she wants. It has nothing to do with her acting or singing. The fact you critcize her for that is insanely pathetic

As much as of an "otaku" I am, it still pisses me off the way hard core fans treat her. I agree with you 100%, I might be a fan boy of hers but what she likes to do in HER PERSONAL life is HER DAMN BUSINESS. This is really starting to piss me off as well and sometimes it's embarrassing to lumped together with those idiots. This is kinda of similar i remember reading an article online some where "not shitaku" that said the creator of b gata h kei was receiving death threat's because get this "the main female lead in anime didn't have pure thought's.... that' way beyond sad...The same went for "crazy shrine maidens" when they found out the female lead wasn't a virgin.

[EDIT: No [expletive] excessive quoting. If it's a direct reply in which your post will a appear right under the other, there's no need to quote. Or simply use @. -TK]

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:11 pm Reply with quote
She was spoiling future shows by talking about them before they were shown. Aya did a lot of other 'crazy' stuff for someone trying to get into show business as well on it including getting deep into her personal life with stuff no one really wanted to know. Taming of the Shrew time maybe?
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm no expert on idols and the like, but I know I've heard of some being forced to take a work break by their management/agency if they did something that causes PR problems. If you believe certain blogs, Hirano does that on a daily basis.
aereus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
She basically chose to commit career suicide as far as the Japanese entertainment industry is concerned last year by throwing the tantrum she did.

Like it or not, there is a certain meta-game that you have to abide by the rules for to remain an idol/seiyuu in Japan, and she basically broke the majority of the taboos and ruined her own career.

Those rules include publicly insulting her anime fans, bragging about having multiple boyfriends or whatever it was, saying she didn't want to do voice work anymore, etc.

Now she's surprised that nobody wants her for voicework, and her live-action roles never panned out after all the grief she gave her manager, etc?
teferi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I'm sorry, did you just call me a scrub? Wow ,1997 called, they want their archaic poseur slang back. LOL, that's hilarious on its own. And all I see is you arguing that she should bend over for some grossly sexist system that demands females in media to act like like the complete property of creepy virgin fanbois. She can act however she wants. It has nothing to do with her acting or singing. The fact you critcize her for that is insanely pathetic

Scrub is really prevalent in gaming communities today even o,o

Dunno when it became archaic, but I hear and see it used all the time.

Quote:
As much as of an "otaku" I am, it still pisses me off the way hard core fans treat her. I agree with you 100%, I might be a fan boy of hers but what she likes to do in HER PERSONAL life is HER DAMN BUSINESS. This is really starting to piss me off as well and sometimes it's embarrassing to lumped together with those idiots. This is kinda of similar i remember reading an article online some where "not shitaku" that said the creator of b gata h kei was receiving death threat's because get this "the main female lead in anime didn't have pure thought's.... that' way beyond sad...The same went for "crazy shrine maidens" when they found out the female lead wasn't a virgin.

Pretty much this. I love her work, but generally just don't care about anything else. This is really the first I've heard about anything she's done, and only because it said she wouldn't be VAing anymore.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I heard that she wasn't being given any roles about a month ago because of the scandal. You know, the one where she admitted on TV that she liked older men and liked having sex with them, and constantly cheated. Or something like that. It's too bad she'll never join the anime world again. Game world, maybe? But it certainly was a shock. I mean, how many other VA's have been PROHIBITED from voice acting?
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
minakichan wrote:
Oh Aya, you're so crazy.

Who knows whether this was her decision or management's... whatever Aya does stirs up a huge pot of controversy for no reason >.>

That's the life of an idol.

She's like a doll. And if even a single lace is misplaced, a shitstorm passes by. Then again, even in the idol world filled with jackasses and lifeless perverted radicals, she's something of a rebel that just tends to do whatever she wants. You have to at least give her props for that.

No kidding, the chaste, pure image that so-called "idols" have to maintain is pathetic, and dare I say, even sexist. She has a right to do what she wants as a human being; it's not long she has drug problems.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
[quote="AiddonValentine"No kidding, the chaste, pure image that so-called "idols" have to maintain is pathetic, and dare I say, even sexist. She has a right to do what she wants as a human being; it's not long she has drug problems.[/quote]

It is sexist. Women's rights as far as employment goes in a Japan is a joke. Anyone who has studied it will tell you as much.

Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
teferi wrote:
Quote:

Scrub is really prevalent in gaming communities today even o,o

Dunno when it became archaic, but I hear and see it used all the time.

It's referring to the song "No Scrubs" by TLC from 1999. It's a song that discusses the unwillingness of women to engage in a relationship with men who are unemployed, grimy, unsophisticated, or poorly-mannered.

In counter, Sporty Thievz released "No Pigeons" about unsightly, substandard women, accusing them of wearing "fake hair" (weaves), having "more than one baby father," and "stripping all week to go clubbing."

And this has been your weekly obscure trivia infodump for the week here on ANN. Good day.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
It sounds strange that she's being "prohibited", I really liked her VA work as many do. But I guess the important question for her is if she really likes it and all the baggage that goes with it. Being a star ain't easy! Cool

If she really wishes to continue doing VA work, then I'm sure she can always leave her agency and a whole line of companies will be waiting to pick her up. If not, well that's history, and like all things that era will be swallowed whole into the infinity of countless times forgotten. I wish her well on whatever she decides to do.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
I heard that she wasn't being given any roles about a month ago because of the scandal. You know, the one where she admitted on TV that she liked older men and liked having sex with them, and constantly cheated. Or something like that. It's too bad she'll never join the anime world again. Game world, maybe? But it certainly was a shock. I mean, how many other VA's have been PROHIBITED from voice acting?

lol At this point she the best she can hope for to join a h-game voicing role. Her career is pretty much dead now.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Maybe she violated the "don't rock the boat" agency rules, by having a boyfriend or getting smeared "non-pure" or something bad like that. Laughing
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well if she being prohibited in japan then she needs to come here to the US and start on movie rule

Asian women always get stereotypical rolls in Western movies and TV show and Yoko Ono ruined any chance for a Asian being a big music star in the western world.

uh, that didn't stop Mari Ijima from doing her music act in USA, and look at her. Mari doing a good job in US.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
uh, that didn't stop Mari Ijima from doing her music act in USA, and look at her. Mari doing a good job in US.

Who?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5