• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe Poll: Most Anticipated Spring 2013 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
My Top 5 List would probably be:

1. Attack on Titan

hahahahaha I like it.

Mine would be

1: Gargantia

2: Attack on Titan

I would have thought that Gargantia would be higher just judging from people talking, but I guess that's just my bias since i'm interested in it myself Laughing
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh Japan, you have such godawful tastes.
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

AFAIK, it was never scheduled for spring, only 2013 in general. For all that is known at this point, it could be a fall series.

I remember reading somewhere "spring" at one point. Guess, that was just a rumor. Thanks for clarifying on this to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a fall series. Feels a bit odd in the release time period, but eh... Better than nothing.

phoenixalia wrote:

And I wouldn't be surprised if the shoujo(young girls) fans outnumbered the josei fans.

There's no way to actually tell by this statement since most young girls (targeted audience) grow up, like me, who end up liking josei a lot more than shoujo. Sure, a lot of josei readers also go back and follow up on their favorite shoujo/shounen reads, but once you get a whiff of josei and seinen stories, you start to be more open minded on what you read. (And crave deeper stories.)

Top Gun wrote:

=_=; I know, right? I avoided a lot of new anime over these past several years for this sole reason. You gotta be picky with the list and stick with what you're familiar with, or interested in. (Which is why, you can tell by some of the people's lists here.....)

I don't see anything here that matches Noein, FMA:B, or Fantastic Children, but for me, there is still something here I'd like to be open to.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I know there's still good stuff being made, but when you just sit there and stare at that top 5, it's hard not to be horribly depressed. Very Happy
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
keep in mind that they were allowed to vote more than once
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 am Reply with quote
Unknown Memory wrote:

Top Gun wrote:

=_=; I know, right? I avoided a lot of new anime over these past several years for this sole reason. You gotta be picky with the list and stick with what you're familiar with, or interested in. (Which is why, you can tell by some of the people's lists here.....)

Have you considered that maybe you're the ones with 'bad taste' given the market majority seems to disagree?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Have you considered that maybe you're the ones with 'bad taste' given the market majority seems to disagree?

So, the majority is always right? LOL.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:00 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
TitanXL wrote:

So, the majority is always right? LOL.

Hollywood seems to think so. Smile
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:37 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Sure, we all know boob shows are the ultimate expression of artistry, refinement and deep, intelligent story-telling.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:06 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
TitanXL wrote:

Sure, we all know boob shows are the ultimate expression of artistry, refinement and deep, intelligent story-telling.

Of which there zero on the top five, or even top twenty.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:07 am Reply with quote
That was more of a rhetorical question to offer an alternate perspective to their statements. Taste is relative, after all.

Though I don't think I'd call those shows 'boob shows'...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote
The taste isn't bad, just misaligned with how the majority of late night anime's been for the last eight or so years.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote
Not on this particular top five, but we all know harem shows and general boob shows rule the industry (IIRC, Vividred Operation is projected as one the biggest seller from the winter season?). There's UtaPri, a reverse-harem, but a harem nonetheless. There's also OreImo in second, which, while not a boob show, is an imouto show which panders to a similar demographic, and there's also Date a Live in 13, which judgind from the visual promos, is as harem as harem can get
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote
Dedicated boob shows, one with actual tons of nudity per episode, have trouble selling well. To Love-Ru Darkness seems to be doing well, but I don't recall Qwaser and Manyuu Hikenchou doing all that well. And real actual hentai never rank.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
(IIRC, Vividred Operation is projected as one the biggest seller from the winter season?).

It is not really a big hit,everything this season is projected to flop.And this season has a lot of pandering material.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4