• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Report: Moribito to Return to Adult Swim TV in Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quote
LuckySeven wrote:
I find it kinda odd that everyone is blaming Adult Swim for pulling Moribito off of the air. At the time they did this, they did not have much of a choice. Media Blasters did not have anything else ready for them past those first 10 episodes due to some licensing issues. What exactly were the the people at Adult Swim supposed to do, just keep airing those same 10 episodes over and over again? Now I'm not one to defend Adult Swim, considering some of the crap they've pulled in the past (like all those damned Futurama marathons when they found out they were losing it to Comedy Central). But really, this was Media Blasters fault more than it was Adult Swim. Really now, blaming Adult Swim for this makes about as much sense as blaming the Sci-Fi channel for Gundam 00 going on hiatus at the halfway point of its run.
IIRC, the whole thing was dubbed before Media Blasters even started releasing it. the reason it never went beyond ep 10 as I heard had to do with the fact Geneon USA was the one who made the deal with AS back when they still had the license. I haven't heard specifics, but it's been indicated when Geneon USA sold the license the airing deal either didn't go with it or only partially went with it, with AS needing to deal with Production I.G. before they could air the rest.

I remember someone from from Media Blasters making a comment they were ready to send out the rest once AS let them know they were ready, or something like that. they also said the delay in the DVD releases wasn't due to dubbing issues, it was due to issues with the economy and Best Buy, with MB wanting to see if any progress was made before they released the rest.
bleuster

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote
All we need is Case Closed to return and Adult Swim is back on it's track.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Adult Swim really wants to kill the sad little shell that remains of their anime block, huh?

Well, more of the EPIC FAIL that is Moribito will be sure to.
David.Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
wal: Um, Transformers had "cutting edge" graphics and a huge budget, and it still sucked.

Anyway, Eva's gonna happen, as long as they can keep it PG-13. Watchmen did well enough for it to happen.

Thank you. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. As for Evangelion, as long as they keep Michael Bay's bull s*** style humor out, I will be happy (ie, the movie takes itself seriously). Of course this is assuming the snow balls chance in hell that this movie is made. HOWEVER, if the live action Akira (or Ninja Scroll or Cowboy Bebop for that matter) does well, maybe ADV will get the funding it needs from a studio wanting to cash in on this property.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shepperoni

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But as the Eva live action movie, ADV, please DON'T. There is already enough horriable adaptions of anime. If anything, release Eva (the tv series) on Blu Ray. That would actually be a much better idea.

Ooh, Eva on BD. Now that's something I'd drop big bucks for! As for the live-action movie, I just can't see that happening. Though if they do go through with it Hideaki Anno MUST be involved if it has hopes of doing any good.
dizzon

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to actually finishing Moribito, I hope.

As far as a live-action Eva goes......I can't imagine it will be any good, reguardless of budget or cast. The story just seems beyond Hollywood's comprehension. The amount of butchering that will done would make it unrecognizable. That is, if it gets done.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:46 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
As for a live-action Evangelion, I doubt it'll ever get done.

If it does hopefully it just ends up like DBE.
malik_chan

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:56 pm Reply with quote
WindAlchemistJen wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
WindAlchemistJen wrote:
Alright! Moribito's coming back! That news right there made my day. Very Happy

I love that show. I wonder which timeslot they'll put it in, though. Whichever one it is, I'll be watching it!

I'd guess that it will take the spot of Code Geass once that show finishes. Barring any more delays, it should finish in the summer.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It'll probably take at least one of Code Geass' slots once it finishes. Including the pair of episodes that air tonight, there are about 9 episodes left, so, yeah, they'll wait until Geass finishes, then stick Moribito in one of its slots.

It's really the most logical place. Then again, this is Adult Swim we're talking about.

When Code Geass is done, Blood+ is taking over the second CG slot. Schedule says so, and I doubt Blood+ is going to be removed since it's been about a year since it's been on TV.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
As for a live-action Evangelion, I doubt it'll ever get done.

If it does hopefully it just ends up like DBE.

So, hopefully it ends up as a shitpile? I'd prefer to see an awesome movie actually, with the visuals of Transformers/Terminator Salvation. Not that I am expecting this will happen.

Oh, and Transformers was a damn fine movie, minus the "comic relief" of the Sector 7 guy. An unfortunate blemish.
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote
GREAT!!!!!!!! Razz Razz
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
Excellent, although I've already gotten impatient and finished it. I look forward to watching it dubbed though.

Quote:
Yes! This is fantastic news, since the DVDs are coming out so darn slowly.

Yes, indeed, I'm buying it too and good god it's slow. Kick it in the ass already, Media Blasters! Anime cry

Last edited by Kruszer on Sun May 10, 2009 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Feels like a trap to me. I followed Moribito not once, but twice, on Adult Swim. First they stuck it in an obscenely late timeslot. Then they restarted it all over again at a more convenient one. Then they dropped it. Now I'm supposed to follow it all over again? It's CN's airing of Mobile Suit Gundam all over again. If they drop it again, for any reason, that's it with me and Adult Swim or CN. They're sadists.

As for a live-action Evangelion, I doubt it'll ever get done. If it does, though, here's a near perfect Pen Pen.

As much as I agree with you, I am more surprized CN and AS actually brought back a show. The same thing happened to Case Closed, except after dropping it a second time, it never came back after a certain episode. It's too bad though, since Case Closed was such a joy to watch though.

As for the penguin short, that was pretty cool. But I just hope the Penguin is cautious of cars and other dangers.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quote
malik_chan wrote:
WindAlchemistJen wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
WindAlchemistJen wrote:

I love that show. I wonder which timeslot they'll put it in, though. Whichever one it is, I'll be watching it!

I'd guess that it will take the spot of Code Geass once that show finishes. Barring any more delays, it should finish in the summer.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It'll probably take at least one of Code Geass' slots once it finishes. Including the pair of episodes that air tonight, there are about 9 episodes left, so, yeah, they'll wait until Geass finishes, then stick Moribito in one of its slots.

It's really the most logical place. Then again, this is Adult Swim we're talking about.

When Code Geass is done, Blood+ is taking over the second CG slot. Schedule says so, and I doubt Blood+ is going to be removed since it's been about a year since it's been on TV.

Keep in mind that his is AS we're dealing with. Unannounced changes and an inaccurate schedule are the norm for them.
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:10 am Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
All we need is Case Closed to return and Adult Swim is back on it's track.

That and Cartoon Network to show Naruto so we can finish and go on to Shippuden. Then things will be back on track, a little bit.
malik_chan

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:37 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
malik_chan wrote:
WindAlchemistJen wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
WindAlchemistJen wrote:

Keep in mind that his is AS we're dealing with. Unannounced changes and an inaccurate schedule are the norm for them.

And maybe we should think a little more positively, since they haven't done anything like that to the schedule since late last year. Moribito was only pulled this year because it's likely issues came about with dubbing it, those were the reasons CG had that crazy schedule it had earlier this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5