• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Noriko Meguro's Game of Thrones Book Covers Are Gorgeous

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

they should make Game of Thrones anime. It has everything that's needed for an anime.

Including twincest
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, I hate that Dany and Jon show up twice. Replace them with Brienne and Melisandre instead.
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:25 am Reply with quote
Nice covers, though Im curious:

What is it with western books being brought over to Japan getting split into sets of 2 and 3? For years I've noticed the Japanese copies of the Star Wars novels are released as 2 books (they also have really cool covers like this). Im just wondering why they do this.
gsuiris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:26 am Reply with quote
Eldritcho wrote:

What is it with western books being brought over to Japan getting split into sets of 2 and 3? For years I've noticed the Japanese copies of the Star Wars novels are released as 2 books (they also have really cool covers like this). Im just wondering why they do this.

From what my Japanese friends have told me, it is because they don't like to hold big, thick books. They broke the Harry Potter books up as well. I've never found an official reason other than they don't want to hold giant books. Even most textbooks and workbooks for school are small over here.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow. They look really cool. The only one I didn't like was Tyrion. He may look like his book counterpart, but that doesn't mean it's a good look for him.
Valhern

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:39 am Reply with quote
Margaery Tyrell and Tyrion have the best character design, but art overall Bran's wins the spot. Well, everything is awesome, but that'd be it.

By the way the books were originally split in two parts, at least aSoS and aDwD as far as I remember, so I suppose they followed that and the culture reference @gsuiris pointed out. Also money.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:35 am Reply with quote
gsuiris wrote:
Eldritcho wrote:

From what my Japanese friends have told me, it is because they don't like to hold big, thick books. They broke the Harry Potter books up as well. I've never found an official reason other than they don't want to hold giant books. Even most textbooks and workbooks for school are small over here.

Ergo, the light novels. Won't see no War and Peace on the bus.
laceblade

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
These were pretty great. My favorites were Margaery Tyrell, Jaime Lannister, & Bran Stark.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2