• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Overlord II

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Well, I certainly don't remember any mention of tsuare's pregnancy in the LN, however I would dare say that the abortion theory proposed would make some sense considering Solution´s dialogue ¨shall I eat her while master sebas is gone", if there was no fetus then was she referring to tsuare? if so why would they left that in there when there wasn't even 2 minutes of a cliffhanger? (in book format it might have had more of a thrill) if she ate nothing then are we to assume she just giggled and said "lolz, nope" off screen?. when you think about it, it would actually be near impossible for tsuare not to be pregnant considered she was a sex-slave in a world with no contraception to speak of.

regarding the argument of solution not being interested because the fetus wouldn't resist, that doesn't mean she couldn't just get hungry regardless of her mood. sebas ordered her to save the girl didn't say anything about another live.

so my outtake is that the theory isn't really too much of a stretch

Last edited by MiloTheFirst on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Calsolum wrote:
Maybe its cause the books were much denser but i feel like this arc might finish around episode 12 and if its 13 episodes in total that's definitely not enough space for the next arc(neither the op or the ed have the next arc's characters so its even less unlikely). Perhaps there might be a filler last episode? oh well, time will tell. I just can't wait for Sebas Tian to kick butt and look awesome doing it.

I don't think there will be a filler last episode, there's still a lot of content to get through for this arc. I would predict 2 more episodes for book 5, then 4 meaty episodes for book 6.

well, both the opening and ending seems to put considerable focus on Evileye´s backstory, we only got some characters vaguely mentioning parts of it in the book, so maybe the anime will elaborate on some of it, like perhaps animating part of spoiler[her fight with the wizard lady that was talking to the platinum dragon lord in episode 1 (forgot how to spell her name)] or how her life was before joining blue rose
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
@MiloTheFirst

And your reasoning on why Solution did not mention Tsuare being pregnant during her diagnosis is?

And from Solution's dialogue from the LN-
spoiler[“If Sebas-sama had rescued her on orders from the Supreme One, then I would gladly obey… but is it really worth expending a valuable asset from the Supreme Beings on a mere human like this?”

Solution shook her head and dispelled those thoughts.

“...Should I eat you before Sebas-sama returns?”

Solution broke the seal and unfurled the scroll. The spell contained within was called Heal. It was a high-end healing magic of the 6th-tier, and it could restore a great deal of health in addition to healing various diseases and other abnormal status conditions.]

Clearly Solution was talking to herself about eating Tsuare just before healing her.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:19 pm Reply with quote
@MiloTheFirst

Also yes there are ways to keep a sex slave from becoming pregnant.
And I vaguely re-call a passage to that affect in novel...I'll refresh my memory when I get the time.

And Solution eating a fetus "cause she is hungry" again goes against the character's motivations & traits as the author has thus far written her to be.
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
@MiloTheFirst

And your reasoning on why Solution did not mention Tsuare being pregnant during her diagnosis is?

That Sebas cut her short while she was in the middle of it
myskaros

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:39 pm Reply with quote
MiloTheFirst wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:
@MiloTheFirst

That Sebas cut her short while she was in the middle of it

So she coincidentally did everything else he asked her to do and was about to eat Tsuare, then he came back and darn, she just had to spit her back out!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Ep 8,

Enjoying time with Sebas, definitely one of the most likeable/cool characters in the series. Gagaran is a lot bigger than I thought she was going to be, from the LN illustrations I always thought she was just really heavy set, but she towers over climb. Granted, he is a bit short.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for season 3 after this ends.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
^^
In fact, Climb is maybe the shortest human male character in the series. The first episode shows that he only has maybe an inch on Princess Renner, and she's not big. He only goes up to Gazef and the king's shoulders in that scene.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hatguy12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:59 pm Reply with quote
ep 8 review wrote:
We also get to see more of Blue Rose, including a scene showing their leader struggling to master a cursed sword. The scene has such an overwrought chuunibyou vibe to it that I suspect the parallel may have been intentional. (It's definitely played for humor at least.)

The way I interpreted that, rather than it being a parallel, she was literally being chuunibyou.
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:09 pm Reply with quote
yeah, it was ambiguous in the LN, but the anime pretty much confirms it to be chuunibyou by the tone of the scene
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:34 am Reply with quote
That chuunibyou scene was unexpected, but actually quite humorous to see. Nice to see Sebas continue being a good guy and willing to help Climb and Brain with their struggles. I can totally empathize with Brain as I would be feeling the same thing if I were in his shoes. Another interesting episode here no matter what anybody else says about it in an arc that looks to heat up next week. Looking forward to seeing it and what the Eight Fingers will have in store.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:57 am Reply with quote
MiloTheFirst wrote:
yeah, it was ambiguous in the LN, but the anime pretty much confirms it to be chuunibyou by the tone of the scene

wow just wow. I'm horrible at detecting sarcasm in literary forms of media so I totally thought she was being serious.
That totally explains why it just waved away, and not brought back up. She was just being a god damn weeb.
Figures, even in alternate worlds they exist, sometimes reality just sucks and you need to invent your own to deal with the bullshit it comes with.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:58 am Reply with quote
MiloTheFirst wrote:

This series NEEDS a showdown between Lakyus and Pandora's Actor, that scene MUST happen! Laughing
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
MiloTheFirst wrote:

This series NEEDS a showdown between Lakyus and Pandora's Actor, that scene MUST happen! Laughing

Honestly the series need more pandoras actor.
I just love seeing ainz squeam over the fruits he had sown during his past.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I think I don't quite get what characters like Climb and Brain are. Were they part of the npc cast in the original game or player-created characters or have they come into existence since the shut-down of the server in whatever this world is now? I guess their names are bugging me. Like Brain seems like it was some gamer's typo for Brian. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 15