• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
If you think we've seen the last of Laughing Coffin you're dreaming. I don't even know what happens in future episodes, but I do strongly believe that they are going to play a bigger part in the story.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
And I think I'm going to start removing posts of people who don't use spoiler tags appropriately instead of just editing them.

As for what happened in the canyon scene, I'm not going to comment further (unless a totally new angle comes out on it) because I think we're already well into Adnauseumville on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Sorry guys if this has already been addressed, but how did spoiler[Kuradeel think that his cover story was ever going to work? He 'went orange', which meant he attacked a non-hostile player. Which meant that the people he attacked weren't bandits who had just killed his comrades. Did he think the guild wasn't going to notice this salient point?]
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Sorry guys if this has already been addressed, but how did spoiler[Kuradeel think that his cover story was ever going to work? He 'went orange', which meant he attacked a non-hostile player. Which meant that the people he attacked weren't bandits who had just killed his comrades. Did he think the guild wasn't going to notice this salient point?]

I don't believe that has been discussed yet.spoiler[ I guess it's possible that Kuradeel is just an idiot, but perhaps he planned to claim that the "killers" had a green player working with them who he fought. Not that I'd expect him to be able to pull off a very convincing lie, but you never know.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[He might have just not had the presence of mind to think it properly through; he did seem fairly unhinged. But if he was just insane and out for revenge then why even have a cover story in the first place?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Didn't the mention in the episode with Silica, the episode people say was not needed, that spoiler[some of the player killers have an ability to hide their colour changes? Kind of like that girl that tried to kill Silicia].
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

Didn't the mention in the episode with Silica, the episode people say was not needed, that spoiler[some of the player killers have an ability to hide their colour changes? Kind of like that girl that tried to kill Silicia].

spoiler[It wasn't that they hid their color changes, it was that they had a member who never directly attacked someone lure people out to where the color-changed members could kill them.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, what Mad_Scientist said.

It just seems weird to me that spoiler[Kuradeel thought he could get away with it; as a former PK'er he would be very familiar with the mechanics of the green-orange-red icon system. If he simply wanted revenge and was planning to return back to Laughing Coffin then that would have been normal, but he must have known that the knights wouldn't have bought such a flawed cover story.]
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote
It was premeditated, so he had plenty of time to think something up. It's entirely possible he just thought it was better than it was in the heat of the moment or thought he could pass it off as a temporary effect long enough to do... whatever he planned to do afterwards.
Riddley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Well here's a pickle. If the Anime hasn't covered or even mentioned that incident, does it even exist (in the Anime)? Except in special circumstances like the did-they-didn't-they, where either option can be true and the source material just confirms it, I really don't like referring to source material. I want the Anime to tell its story and if the source material is needed to plug in a hole then that's not good enough.

Luckily, in this case it isn't a plot hole as such, so it doesn't need filling. I fully accept why spoiler[the evil prick wasn't killed straight away], the Anime doesn't need the aforementioned incident to justify Kirito's and Asuna's actions. But it does mean that in the Anime spoiler[Kirito has only killed one person thus far instead of three].

Oh I agree, if it wasn't covered in the anime, then for that purposes it's not considered part of that story. I was only explaining for understanding purposes. Personally I think it's something the anime should have touched on in that episode where spoiler[Kirito attacked by the pkers]
Viorexx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Question
Why did Asuna need to ask someones permission to take a leave form the guild?

Why could they just leave and not have Kirito fight at all?

this really dont not make much sense to me.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
well, she is the vice commander
Viorexx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
i know her rank is high but still she could have just left and not had the fight at all.
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Viorexx wrote:
Question
Why did Asuna need to ask someones permission to take a leave form the guild?

Why could they just leave and not have Kirito fight at all?

this really don't not make much sense to me.
They could, but that would affect Asuna's standing with the guild. Worst case, she could've been kicked out entirely. Obviously, that's not what she wanted.
Viorexx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Now that both are stop being on the front line
did they both quit
how would this affect the their standing in the guild?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 46 of 274