• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Good Convetion Costumes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:35 pm Reply with quote
actually, the easiest costume I ever did for cosplay was Manaka from BoogiePop Phantom, she's just a huge white t-shirt and some butterflies in your hair
Lady Sango

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote
If I were actually able to go to a convention I would go as one of these
1.Sango(in her kimono) 2.Yahiko 3.Misao 4.Milly 5.Kurama 6.Shippo 7.Kamatari 8.Ed carrying an Ein plush toy 9.Miyu
10.Count D 11.Naraku(I really like the bamboon costume)

These may not be the most original ideas or easiest to make but their pretty good convention costumes to me. Wink
Hotaru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:57 am Reply with quote
we bought an ein plushie at otakon for like twelve bucks. heh hee

i wanted to do rurouni kenshin cosplay, but that got scrapped and we're most likely going to do last exile cosplay. so far, we (being me my sister and boyfriend) have made the following costumes: kiki from kiki's delivery service. reaaaally easy. hardest part was finding the right shoes. and they weren't really right at all x_x. ryo-ohki's humanoid form from tenchi muyo! not too bad. the hardest part was the head dress which was made with fake fur. it looked cool. videl from dragonball z. bought the t-shirt and shorts, my sis and bf hand sewed the boots. that was tricky.

and last year was rebecca from resident evil. hard. hard. hard. the vest didn't come out quite right and needs fixing. i'd say start easy, work your way up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
qollocust

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:35 pm Reply with quote
School girls are not fun costumes.....unfortunatly as a joke I dressed up as a random school girl at Otakon last summer and was followed by a bunch of random and scary older men. Not a comforting feeling at 2 am.

Anyway, I think really any of the Hellsing characters are easy. They can all start with basic clothes with a few little things added on. (Integra is probably the easiest). That is why I'm doing a Hellsing theme this convention seasaon (nice and simple).
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Spike, Yusuke, Shinji and Kurama(if you want to be chased around by fangirls Razz) these wouldn't be terribly hard if you have the right resources. Yusuke and Kurama are the hardest out of four though.

Quote:
School girls are not fun costumes.....unfortunatly as a joke I dressed up as a random school girl at Otakon last summer and was followed by a bunch of random and scary older men. Not a comforting feeling at 2 am.

That's just creepy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
king_micah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:58 am Reply with quote
A guy dressed up as Legalos for his girlfriend for Sakuracon. He was glomped by nearly every female there. He didn't know the bishy obsession and was unnerved by the experience.
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:57 pm Reply with quote
qollocust wrote:

I'm sorry you had a creepy time, but as a story that's hilarious! Confirms my more cynical views on guys in general.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:02 pm Reply with quote
qollocust wrote:

...I dressed up as a random school girl for Anime Boston...and all the homeless men in Boston thought I was a prostitute...some businessmen at McDonald's thought so too...nothing's creepier than having a weird guy follow you around in a T station either...esp. when he claims he's lost....
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:58 pm Reply with quote
So Japanese Schoolgirl costumes are RIGHT OUT. Yikes. Actually I'd think people who wear sexy costumes in general would have these problems... Although a schoolgirl costume isn't overtly sexy, it seems to have a fetishy connotation. Go figure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Hotaru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:10 am Reply with quote
luffy's outfit from one piece seems like a pretty easy costume. it looks like you could buy most of the stuff...which makes me want to do so Laughing
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:37 am Reply with quote
Hero Yui very easy costume black shorts Green tanktop.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:

And like Shinji, comes under the heading IMO of "So easy, why bother"
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:39 am Reply with quote
Sword of Whedon wrote:
Quote:

And like Shinji, comes under the heading IMO of "So easy, why bother"
Because it is fun. Anyway Easy Shinji costume and really twisted to White Dress Shirt black slacks and some dried Rubber Cement or some other adhisive in your left hand. People ask who you are just smile wave with left hand and say "hi im shinji" see if they get it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5