• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CLAMP's Magic Knight Rayearth Manga Gets New Anime Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AverageAnimeFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:23 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Obviously, this remake is a test run to see if a remake of the Iczer-One anime is viable. Laughing

Dang, these past couple days we're getting old shows revival announcements. Talk about timing!

I love the Iczer franchise but it'd kill me to see Toshiki HIrano's designs made into a poorly animated and zero-budget modern anime.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Rowri8 wrote:

The anime was a mid-90s anime, the manga was an early 90s anime.

You okay over there?

Triltaison wrote:
Maybe I'm weird, but I'm most hoping for the video games to be rereleased. Would love to have the Saturn or Game Gear RPGs on modern consoles for the anniversary.

Well shit better hope they kept the source code for the Saturn version.

TarsTarkas wrote:
I am not much on remakes, would rather see continuations/sequels.

Given the still hurt feelings over things like the FCLC sequels and a number of other shows messing up their continuations this is a bold ask.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Rayearth was my first manga!

God this is hype!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Yes! YESSSSSSSSSSS!
TsukinoSpoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
With how many live action remakes there's been I feel like we're due a new anime of Hana Yori Dango as far as shojo reboots go.

Would really like to see this someday as well!
Avec ou Nous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I would not mind an adaption that sticks closer to the source material as the original anime became it's own thing. Although I'm sure fans of the original anime might be disappointed.

As far as the trend of remaking old series. I'm okay with it so long as it has a purpose; mainly sticking closer to the original manga they're based on. Although in some cases like Ranma's upcoming remake asking them to adapt the entirety of the manga is probably not feasible.
Xavon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:15 pm Reply with quote
While I love Rayearth as a whole, I hated how season two ended. I've always wanted a third season to fix it. And hopefully integrate it into the XXXholic/Tsubasa multiverse.
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
While I love Rayearth as a whole, I hated how season two ended. I've always wanted a third season to fix it. And hopefully integrate it into the XXXholic/Tsubasa multiverse.

I'm pretty sure the there protagonists appeared in the final Tsubasa volume for a cameo as they live in the same modern world from Yuko and Watanuki
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:11 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Xavon wrote:

I'm pretty sure the there protagonists appeared in the final Tsubasa volume for a cameo as they live in the same modern world from Yuko and Watanuki

Your comment reminded me of the Clamp universe, and Sakura's future. Depressing thoughts indeed. So I am hoping for no integration with the greater Clamp verse in this remake. Our Magic Knights have suffered enough.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:27 am Reply with quote
What a surprise! Rayearth is now getting a remake as Shiny Knight Rayearth with none of the swagger of the 90's. They announced this on the year of the 30th anime anniversary before the October air date, but will it release before the anniversary is over? What isn't a surprise is that another 90's series is getting a remake anime before Yu-Gi-Oh!.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:56 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Given the still hurt feelings over things like the FCLC sequels and a number of other shows messing up their continuations this is a bold ask.

The magical world of Cephiro has countless wonders and who knows what lies in the shadows of the wonders. An unlimited fount of ideas and storylines. Really depends on whether it is a pure cash grab or if it is done with love for the characters and story.

If we never had continuations, we would never have had Aliens (sequel to Alien).
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I would rather CLAMP finish X/1999 before asking them to do yet more sequels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5