• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Interest: List of Winter 2011 TV Anime in Japan

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
I'm going to disown anime if this incest trend keeps up.

I blame it all on the low birthrate. The idea of a cute younger sibling who looks up to you with dewy and calls you big bwutha and wuvs you so much! has an appeal, and because more and more young people in Japan are only children, they (1) don't get automatically squicked by the idea and (2) don't understand that little siblings are actually really, really annoying.
TeenChibi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Looks like another interesting season, definitely looks to be way better than 2010's winter season.

Looks Excellent: Fractale and Hourou Musuko.
Looks Good: Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica, Level E, and Yumekui Merry.
Looks Fun: Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?, Freezing, Rio - Rainbow Gate!, Dragon Crisis!
Looks Iffy: Infinite Stratos, GOSICK, Beelzebub, and Wolverine.
Looks bad: Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!!
Not interested: Mitsudomoe Season 2 (Dropped the first one in an heartbeat) and From Me to You Season 2 (Never watched the first season).
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Yes!
Hourou Musuko - Do I even need to explain?
Level E - Whether or not I continue depends on if they can pull it off well...
Wolverine - I love Western comics, too, so I'll give it a shot.

Maybe
Beezlebub - Started the manga a bit ago and it was okay. Haven't read any of it since. I might check it out...Though I never understood why the kid was spoiler[naked] 24/7. Unless they explained it at some point...
Fractale - I love noitaminA but dislike most romances (which I fear this may become). The art is nice and story a bit intriguing, so I'll check it out and see if I want to continue.

Ehhh...
Cardfight!! Vanguard - Part of me just wants to see what it will be like. But it'll probably be...bad.
Gosick - This one has actually got some nice reviews to back it up...But I fear that it might be on the cliché side.

No
Dragon Crisis! - [Kisaragi Ryuji] finds a [box] and meets a strange girl who is actually a [dragon girl].
Freezing - Seems like another generic master/fighter male/female thing...
Infinite Stratos - [Orimura] is special and can [operate heavy machinery when only women can] so is sent to [a special girls school].
Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season - I've heard good things and all, but I just don't like romance.
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - Generic-ness with some apparent unique twists which will undoubtedly turn out to be generic and annoying. Though perhaps I am wrong...
Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica - Seems cutesy, but not my thing.
Mitsudomoe Zōryōchū! - Didn't even bother with the first season.
Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!! - ..........
Rio - Rainbow Gate! - Seems strange (which is fine), but pointless and pandering.
Yumekui Merry - [Fujiwara] is special and can [see pretty colors] and [has cat dreams], so one day [a girl falls on him].

Note: I don't mean to offend anyone^^ And, hey, maybe what I perceive as generic initially ends up...not being generic. Though romance is a major turn-off, so those several of those titles don't stand a chance with me anyway. So, an okay turnout for me...Some titles to watch, but not a huge amount. Hopefully it will all be legally streamed...

Last edited by RestLessone on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to check out a few shows for the upcoming season. I know for a fact that I will watch Mitsudomoe Season 2 and the Oniichan show.

I might also check out Infinite Stratos, Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica, Dragon Crisis!, and the zombie show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Whoever thought of adding this 'upcoming anime list' should get a raise, or even promoted.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow, there's actually a lot I'm looking to check out!

Definitely checking out Infinite Stratos, Fractale, GOSICK, and Beelzebub. Those sound the most interesting/promising.

Secondary is looking like Dragon Crisis, Freezing, Level E, and Yumekui Merry. Yeah, they sound pretty typical, but who says typical can't be good or enjoyable? I won't go into those with high expectations.

Hourou Musuko sounds... interesting in the way that it may make me very uncomfortable. But its good to have your comfort-zone rocked every now and then, so I'll give that one a go.

Oh yeah, I might check out Rio because... that girl is hot Embarassed

Like others, I'm a bit burned out on the incest stuff, so no little sister-love stuff for me this season. Magical lollies don't really get my attention either even one of them is done by SHAFT, and I have no interest for either of the sequel series'.

This coming season definitely shows promise of being a better season than this last one at least, which makes me happy enough Very Happy !
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Hentai_JP wrote:
Whoever thought of adding this 'upcoming anime list' should get a raise, or even promoted.

They've always had one if you look under the "and more" on the encyclopedia tab. I do believe this is the first time they've reminded everyone of that fact on the front page, though.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Unholy_Nny wrote:
I'm going to disown anime if this incest trend keeps up.

I blame it all on the low birthrate. The idea of a cute younger sibling who looks up to you with dewy and calls you big bwutha and wuvs you so much! has an appeal, and because more and more young people in Japan are only children, they (1) don't get automatically squicked by the idea and (2) don't understand that little siblings are actually really, really annoying.

The low birthrate thing may apply for Japan, but it doesn't come anywhere near explaining all of these Western/International fans running around throwing out the term "wincest"...
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Really excited for Wandering Son. I believe that will be the first anime that I've seen dealing with transgender issues with gravity. I hear the source material is good, so I have high hopes. Also, I find shows that deal with gender issues really interesting.

As per my personal rule, I'll check out Fractale; ever since last spring season, I've made it a point to try anything and everything that comes out of noitaminA. Definitely looks promising.

Finally, I'll probably try Gosick because it's from BONES. Possibly Infinite Stratos, too.
kitchiri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Unlike others, I acclaim this winter season for being full of awesomeness.

Things that I watch and destined to be great:
1. Madoka Magika: Obviously, it is not just Shaft that makes this most anticipating one. Urobuchi Gen is writing entire storyboard and script, and he is god damn master. Story is almost 'destined' to be good. Knowing this ranked first in '2ch' version of anticipation list, I'm kinda taking bandwagon in this. However, it doesn't change the fact this is the single most hyped anime of all, unlike others think it is.

2. Yumekui Merry: This was ranked second in 2ch anticipation ranking, just one point behind MMM. Dream-world setting is really really interestingly presented in manga. Characters are cool, and this is the first manga from Mangatime Kirara-forward to get anime adaptation, so hype is definitely large. JC Staff directing definitely fits this particular series.

3. Fractale: This will not be your original noitaminA series, due to Yamakan involvement. This will have moe, and massive degradation in art from original concept design, just like we've seen in Sora no Woto. However, Yamakan said he will even retire if this anime fails, so I'm just watching it for his good.

4. Dragon Crisis: PV rocked for me. That's all it needed

5. IS: Infinite Stratos: PV and staff casting was very good. That's all it needed.

6. Gosick: Horrible staff casting, but still very interesting. Some kind of mystery and 'all hail Victoriaque' is all I'm expecting.

7. Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!!: PV and interview from the director promised very interesting way of directional elements. Regardless of theme, I will watch for guilty pleasure and quality directions.

8. Kore wa Zombie Desuka?: Shit light novel, but PV promised something good and insane out of it.

Kimi ni Todoke: Must watch since I've watched 1st season.

Huge possibility of dropping after 1st episode:
Hourou Musuko: Looks so boring. I don't care about story or whatever. If it makes me boring, it means nothing. What I need is dynamic direction, creativity in animation and moe-ness. PV of this only promised me cross-gender slice-of-life theme; thus this has inevitable fate of being underrated forever. As every noitaminA animation did before, I will end up only watching first episode,and forget about it. But, I will definitely read manga, which is always less boring than anime form when this kind of story is presented.

Rio - Rainbow Gate!: Inoue Marina voice. That's it.

Not watching:
Wolverine: Original Breaker.

Starry Sky: This is for fujoushi, the dark side. I will never, ever touch this.

Beelzebub: This will be mainstream anime, not late night. Studio Pierrot, thus no need to watch if I know manga.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:04 pm Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:
they're gonna japanimate wolverine... great Mad

I take it you don't know were a series of Marvel anime planned. X-men and Blade are due up later in 2011.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
matrixdude wrote:
I am very appreciative that we don't have to wait for the chart guy to post this, so thank you ANN!

Fractale, Freezing, and Infinite Stratos are the ones I'm looking forward to, Fractale mostly because it seems to have more depth.

A good chart (the one I use for my "Winter Anime 2011" topic on CR) has been out for almost 2 months now, but from cowboybibimbop, not Chartfag, who basically quit after Fall 2010.

As to Freezing, I am betting that ends up as The Anime Network's simulcast this season. It would seem to fit the "action+ecchi" formula of their simulcasts for the current and past 2 seasons.

For those that want a peek further down the line, I recommend:
http://countdown.mandragon.info/confirmed.html
xyz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Is there any chance Level E is gay/BL? If it is, I'll be watching it for sure. Mr. Green
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quote
not much going next season. ANN, please do this every season. some upcoming movie preview would be nice too.

yes:
Title: Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season

maybe:
Hourou Musuko
Infinite Stratos
Beelzebub
GOSICK
and the one that crunchyroll gets since i have membership with them.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Suite Precure is missing! I was extremely sad when you didn't preview Heartcatch last year; please don't disappoint me again. Sad

I'm also looking forward to Hourou Musuko, Fractale, and Madoka Magica.

That's because they're only listing the shows that start in January 2011. Suite Precure does not start until February 6, 2011. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 14