• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Department of Justice Files Suit Over Comics Scan Site

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZenErik

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Sakhi wrote:

*APPLAUSE*

You said exactly wot needed to be said. I am quite frankly sickened by most of the comments made on this thread. Thanks to you fools out there who enjoying taking the p*** out of others interests One Manga is closing down... nice going guys Sad

Boohoo. It is not like you don't have any other places to go to steal your favorite manga-ka's latest work.

Uguu... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guardsman Bass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quote
ZenErik wrote:
Sakhi wrote:

*APPLAUSE*

You said exactly wot needed to be said. I am quite frankly sickened by most of the comments made on this thread. Thanks to you fools out there who enjoying taking the p*** out of others interests One Manga is closing down... nice going guys Sad

Boohoo. It is not like you don't have any other places to go to steal your favorite manga-ka's latest work.

Uguu... Rolling Eyes

Exactly. Which is why this whole thing is sheer stupidity, until they do what the anime people have done with Crunchyroll and Hulu.

Looks like I'll just be going to that other online reader I use for manga. I won't name it (it isn't Manga Fox), in case someone like you decides to get self-righteous.
Guardsman Bass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Speak of the Devil - they may finally be doing just that: link.
Dreamteam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
pearlday1 wrote:
(don't start replying before you finish reading the entire thing)

I agree with everything you wrote and also think some of the previous posters need to really get off their high horses acting like onemanga and the people that visit the site are committing a grave sin. Not taking into account that many people dont have disposible income to buy all the mangas that they want to read or never knew manga until they came across the site. Also telling people to expand themselves and go out and learn japanese last time i checked it is a lot easier finding something and reading it in a language you know then going out taking weeks, months, or years to learn a new language.
bosnic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quote
pearlday1 wrote:

thank you for voicing out all of those that read manga online.
i'm sorry but the stuff at the beginning of this thread made me want to puke. not all people have enough spare change to go and buy a new book or subscribe to a magazine. i have to say, i'm really pissed that people don't realize that onemanga and mangafox aren't being paid to do what they do. They survive because of donations from fans to keep the site up. i really dont think there would be enough money left over from the donations to make too much of a significance. besides, scanlators also do the scans because they WANT to. no one is forcing them to and they aren't being paid to do it. I understand that reading manga for free will kill the industry but to completely take away manga online will be even worse (in my opinion anyway). oh and @shellz, i'm pretty sure there will be other websites that will continue the legacy of One Manga but i do have to say OM will always be the best.
RIP One Manga. We will miss you (most of us anyway)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Just a query to this flood of one-post wonders - has this thread just been linked on 4ch or something?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
braves

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Just a query to this flood of one-post wonders - has this thread just been linked on 4ch or something?
After reading the post above me, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Guardsman Bass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

I've been lurking for a while.
Dreamteam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

4ch no but many other websites with people pissed off about losing one of their favorite websites.
deathxiii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:
After reading the post above me, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Hey guess what, not every so called "one-post wonder" is from 4ch, some of us are just really pissed that people like you exist
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quote
deathxiii wrote:
Let's recap shall we? Basically you are all insults removed that even a mother couldn't love, and if you truly hate sites like onemanga so much then don't use them. Simple as that. If it doesn't affect you then don't bitch about how it deserves to be shut down

And I'm proud of being myself. Argh, make it hard, hard for slackers to find it. Most people who refuse to buy the real thing are slow-minded anyway. If you want it, you'll either get it by spending hours every week, or opening you damn wallet. And like it or not, that's going to happen.
Let's recap, shall we? I'm a god, who's about to get a warning for saying what I will, and you're an idiot. Thumbs up your ***.
Thanks for the free ticket and the 3 edits.

Last edited by egoist on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
bosnic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quote
yet u gotta realize that not everyone who reads manga is at the legal working age yet
ZenErik

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Quit whining. Support what you love. End of story. Incomprehensible to most of the users that signed up today? It's more likely than you think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bosnic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quote
k, ill shut up. im just making a point
Shadowblade Edge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:29 pm Reply with quote
pearlday1 wrote:

Sorry for quoting this long-ass post, but it's just too good not to. Man all this righteous indignation is getting me hard. At any rate in response to whatever you'd call this, if you don't understand something, then shut up, to steal a page out of your book.

By the by all the single posters are coming from the belly of the beast, onemanga itself. Really ya'll should check out the thread on there relating to this. It's a hoot and half.

Last edited by Shadowblade Edge on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 19