• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: '[New Life+] Young Again in Another World' Anime's Protagonist, Novel Creator Cause Contro

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:

Don't know, maybe because China tried to invade Japan 2 times in 1274 and 1281 and invade Japanese territorial waters several times a month nowadays.

There is no need to act sarcastic on me, buddy. If you use the word “invasion” on internationally disputed water, and legal distance before the disputed borderline; then I think I know your stance already as I have no interest changing other people’s views.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Jonny Mendes wrote:

Don't know, maybe because China tried to invade Japan 2 times in 1274 and 1281 and invade Japanese territorial waters several times a month nowadays.

There is no need to act sarcastic on me, buddy. If you use the word “invasion” on internationally disputed water, and legal distance before the disputed borderline; then I think I know your stance already as I have no interest changing other people’s views.

Sorry of if i sounded sarcastic, it wasn't my intention. Maybe i should used another phrase Embarassed (English in not my first language).

What i mean is that Japanese have a long history of conflict with China, even if Japan had a great admiration of China (language, culture, religion) before the invasion of Japan by China.

Also, in reality, there are no legal challenge in Senkaku islands dispute because international law say they belong to Japan.
But i was also talking about Chinese fishing vessels invade/trespass Japanese waters in other places in the Pacific destroying fishing grounds.

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh I see your point. It’s nice that we are just just laying out viewpoints instead of arguing.

Oh well I am done with this thread altogether, hopefully we can have an enjoyable discussion on other REAL anime-related thread. (I don’t consider interest articles as news)

See you then. Wink
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Oh I see your point. It’s nice that we are just just laying out viewpoints instead of arguing.

Oh well I am done with this thread altogether, hopefully we can have an enjoyable discussion on other REAL anime-related thread. (I don’t consider interest articles as news)

See you then. Wink

Cool. I always prefer to be polite and have civilized discussions and putting out points of view, even if we don't agree sometimes, in the forums. Thanks
teferi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Chester McCool wrote:

So, the people responsible were punished. Seems like that should be the end of it, but "reparations" are eternal because some people can't let go of the past. Sadly, China has made it clear nothing will ever be enough for and they will never let this go. And yet, you don't see most of Japan still outraged over Okinawa or any other war crimes America did to them. A few fringe extremists maybe, but nothing on the level you still see from China.

I am not trying to argue about the LN right now, since the most I can condemn him is calling people in China and Korea as "bugs" and other stuff on twitter, but that's another issue 5 years ago, I can give him the benefit the doubt that his prejudice against those countries did NOT translate to his work.

But I do feel it is necessary to share a few things that non-Chinese and non-Japanese might missed, NOT trying to defend their actions, mind you, I am merely providing the reasoning behind their actions and perspectives.

A few things should made clear:

Only a few war criminals were punished (the major ones, even the royals were exempted) from that war, feel free to google Tokyo Trial 1947-1950, that will tell you a lot about the relation between these two countries even now. It did not puts an end of it, instead it initiated a chain of hatred that extends to current generations, as absurd as that sounds.

History are being taught not to extend hatred, but to remind people such tragedy and never let it happen again.

Sadly, that is clearly NOT what Japanese government (important, NOT Japanese people, the government) did. History revisionists that went beyond changing textbooks, and Japan never ever formally apologized to war crimes or even visit the old sites. And even to this day, Japan has huge prejudice against China and its people for whatever reason.

So you expect Chinese people to let it go if that's their mindset? Especially comparing to the sincerity of how Germany apologized to Jews. It's not about reparations, but it is alarming for Chinese that if timing is right, Japan might do it again. (Yes, that's why it triggers them to such degree)

Also did you just call what US did to Japan as "war CRIMES?" If so how come USA is never condemned for such actions but was praised for ending the WWII as fast as they can? How come the USA General who commanded the Tokyo bombing was awarded by Japanese?

Because the US won the war, duh. The use of nuclear weapons was far from the only atrocity the US committed against Japan.

Last edited by teferi on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I am having a flashback about the same bullshit when The Irregular at Magic High School became an anime. Shonen Jump Weekly are so boring.
Esidici

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:06 pm Reply with quote
ITT: "Japan dindu nuffin!"

IJA apologists can go eat ****
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:21 am Reply with quote
teferi wrote:
Because the US won the war, duh. The use of nuclear weapons was far from the only atrocity the US committed against Japan.

Two words, Arschloch: Operation Downfall. Nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki was the least bloody option available. Downfall would have been the true atrocity had it actually been allowed to proceed as planned; even the most conservative casualty estimates for Downfall had Japanese casualties in the millions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4