• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amazon's Anime Strike Offers Downloadable Episodes, Free Monthly Manga Volumes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:03 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be a very controversial opinion, but I don't have a problem with Amazon charging an additional fee on top of Prime membership. I say that because I know Prime is already a huge loss leader. This is effectively what Amazon expected it to do.

That said, I do think they should allow users to subscribe independently of owning a Prime sub, even at a slightly higher rate.
Kosaka

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Re a side issue, the article says "Users can download videos to their desktop", but Amazon doesn't say anything about desktop PCs. Amazon says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're an eligible Amazon Prime or Prime Video member, you can download selected movies and TV included with Prime to compatible mobile devices.

Compatible Devices:

Fire tablets (except Kindle Fire 1st Generation)
Fire phone
Android phones and tablets
iOS devices
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
This can be all yours for a mere $160/yr!

GeorgH wrote:
So you get less than a half of the content, but still have to pay over 100$ a year.

mgosdin wrote:
Scruffy, In the US you have to have Amazon Prime ($99) before you can get to the Anime titles, then it's an extra $4.99 per month. Total cost for a year is approx. $160.00.

GeorgH wrote:
@ScruffyKiwi: UK is 79 GBP/year (102 USD/year)
If I'm correct the price in AU is an introduction offer for the first 6 months, after that, the price will double.
So you get 3 out of 12 simulcasts, but still have to pay 72$ instead of 160$?

Dessa wrote:
So yes, to watch the anime they have, I would have to pay $160 a year.

That's only if you pay the yearly rate. They do offer a $10.99 monthly rate for Prime.

Sure it costs more in the long run, but it's worth it if you can't send $99 once a year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4