• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Fullmetal Alchemist Film's Teaser Shows Ryōsuke Yamada as Ed & CG Al

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, because The Major's hair looks so good in the new GitS film, right?
anddo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
A primarily European-like story with a Japanese cast. The same criticism with GiTS and Scarlett applies here. If you want to be truly faithful to this story, you would European talent.

Show me where in canonical FMA that a real-world European country is referred to by name.
A European influence? Sure, but the story is entirely fictional.
supercalafragilisticjoy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Woomy wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
It's amazing all these psychics here can tell everything about a movie from a couple of seconds of teaser footage.

I think it's just remembering how many times the Japanese have dropped the ball concerning anime adaptions before. Almost all of them are just garbage. Probably the only truly great ones out there is the Rurouni Kenshin trilogy. Those were really well done.

I'd actually also like to add in Kuragehime. It's lesser known so it's not surprising most people don't know about the anime, let alone the live action.

That said, it's not an action/sci fi/fantasy story, and I think that makes the biggest difference in Japanese adaptations.
DHW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm not entirely optimistic about Alphonse's role in the movie. So far in the trailer, Alphonse doesn't move and doesn't speak, so I'm thinking he's been written out of the movie. There's also no cast credit for Alphonse on the imdb page-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5607028/

I get the feeling it'll only have Ed trying to save his brother, trapped in an armour that doesn't speak or move.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4