• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Fall 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:00 pm Reply with quote
And no mentioning of Cute High Music Offense Club STAR!...

I'm sorry, I'll take my leave now.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Count me also disappointed about Fairy Tail still not being covered. You would think at least someone would be caught up on one of the best currently long running shonen anime (Especially for the Tartaros arc). Oh well, guess will continue reading the Naruto reviews (But filler bleh).
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:11 pm Reply with quote
If Aria AA does show up within the next day or so then it will get at least a preview (as I've seen the first series). Right now, though, it's four days overdue. It apparently didn't poll well, so it won't have a streaming review unless it catches fire.

As for the same person doing AW and Chivalry, I would point out that they are both Saturday titles debuting at almost the same time of day. Doubling up streaming reviews on the same day can be a major hassle. I will probably try to keep up with Chivalry so I can make comparisons, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sloppy_Jimbo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Aria: The Scarlet Ammo was the last time I blind bought anything. Some lessons can only be learned through pain.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Kind of surprised Theron didn't volunteer for Valkyrie Drive; although it would be stupid because that would force him to watch the FUNi streams, and nobody wants that. Probably better off not reviewing it officially until BD.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Sloppy_Jimbo wrote:
Aria: The Scarlet Ammo was the last time I blind bought anything. Some lessons can only be learned through pain.

Lol. Just out of curiosity did that media have the english dub on it? I just watched the prior season episode 1 dub and it was actually not half bad.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Oh, the English dub of Aria the Scarlet Ammo wasn't half bad; Luci Christian really kicked butt as Riko. It was the base series that sucked. Of all of the titles that I've done full-length reviews for over the last 11 years at ANN (gods, has it really been that long?), it's probably in the bottom 10 in terms of grades I've assigned.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kind of surprised Theron didn't volunteer for Valkyrie Drive; although it would be stupid because that would force him to watch the FUNi streams, and nobody wants that. Probably better off not reviewing it officially until BD.

It's not out of the question that I will end up doing it, actually; see my post on the previous page. And remember, I did do HS DxD Born episode-by-episode.

Now, you won't see a full review of the most recent season of To Love-Ru Darkness until it comes out on BD for the reason stated above.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm talking more to the "why would anyone want to watch this censored via FUNi". That's not why you watch VD, at all.
myskaros

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
As for the same person doing AW and Chivalry, I would point out that they are both Saturday titles debuting at almost the same time of day. Doubling up streaming reviews on the same day can be a major hassle. I will probably try to keep up with Chivalry so I can make comparisons, though.

What about having 1 reviewer specifically doing an "Asterisk versus Rakudai" review in addition to the individual reviews? Could be fun ;P
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm talking more to the "why would anyone want to watch this censored via FUNi". That's not why you watch VD, at all.

I can't stop giggling at the initials being VD. I am 12. Laughing
RaylenCypher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:08 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Key wrote:

What about having 1 reviewer specifically doing an "Asterisk versus Rakudai" review in addition to the individual reviews? Could be fun ;P

They are, as in, Theron's doing AW and Rebecca's doing Chivalry. My bad, correction @Key. As for that AW versus Chivalry review. Just the two reviewers each doing their respective reviews would be enough. Would be fun for the two to exchange notes and discuss their own shows to review.

Quote:
Theron Martin
K: Return of Kings
The Asterisk War

Rebecca Silverman
Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Dance with Devils
Haikyu!! Second Season
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quote
No complaints, they are covering all the shows I am interested in but it seems they have included some unessisary ones. I can't wait to see the entire news network filled with many different reviews. This season has much more well known shows than usual.
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I can't stop giggling at the initials being VD. I am 12. Laughing

It doesn't sound like your 12 and if you aren't ...keep being positive it will sustain your youth Smile but if you are then...try to hide personal information.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Of the stuff I'm watching, only STARMYU was left out, so I'm overall glad with the results. I'm just kinda saddened that this season doesn't have a Chaos Dragon or Psycho Pass 2 for Hope to review, those are my favorite ones tbh.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
RaylenCypher wrote:
Would be fun for the two to exchange notes and discuss their own shows to review.

Maybe doing an Interest article at the end of the Season or something similar. I would read that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5