• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Evangelion Theme Song Writer Makes Over Hundred Million Yen in Royalties

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:52 am Reply with quote
@amagee: For the actor/actress part, I could see it in part that they often don't have the time to see their work.

Still, I think it was foolish for her ex to spend so much on a cave to where she has less than $900 in the bank. Personally, I would opt to have at least $20,000 in the bank.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:50 pm Reply with quote
amagee wrote:
Hellsoldier wrote:

The region is known for its caves. They're used for housing, hotels, bars, etc. I believe these are man-made caves and exist since antiquity.

Cappadocia is filled with tons of wacky rock formations and caves. Some caves are totally man-made these days but, very often, back in the day, small caves would be expanded by residents for a wide range of things from simple homes to temples and tomb complexes.

Cappadocia is isolated by the lands around it and its summers are notoriously brutal. Caves make great sense for their insulation and consistent temperature.

yaki-udon wrote:

I find it interesting that the Turkey national soccer team plays in Europe even though it is located in Asia.

It's in both Europe and Asia. The capitol, Istanbul, is in Europe.

Getting to Evangelion, however, I'm kind of dumbfounded about creators never seeing the things they make (or make stuff for in this case). I see articles or hear interviews all the time wherein an actor, songwriter, etc. says they have never and will never watch what they made. I'm not an actor but this kind of stuff baffles me.

And as such the Ancient Greek residents started digging caves in there. As for the capital of Turkey, Ankara has replaced Istanbul for 92 years now, but Ankara used to be nothing but a village before that. Istanbul is still the largest city, divided between two continents and with its center in the European side. Istanbul is the true financial center. I think there was a turkish author who said that ''the most exciting part of Ankara was the highway to Istanbul''.

I am quite fond of Turkey. Thanks to the Erasmus program, I met a friend from Turkey. Even though he came from near another fascinating part of the country: Pamukkale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamukkale

Also, yeah... If I were a creator of something, I'd like to see what I contributed to. Because I dream of writing, I would never let something like that slide.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:27 am Reply with quote
Those of you who are confused as to why she paid 2 million for her ex husband to live half way around the world in a cave have clearly never had an ex husband.
MrBonk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:26 am Reply with quote
D00dleB0Y wrote:
HOLD UP.

Why does her husband have access to her bank account? Or did she divorce him because he spent that much on a cave? Why buy a cave in the first place?

Now for the song: why does she get that much money when she only WROTE the song's lyrics? She didn't compose it; she didn't sing it. In most circumstances, the songwriter gets paid less than the composer and the singer. It makes me wonder how much they get paid if she makes as much as $800k a year.

This. [expletive] seriously this. I hope the Composer gets royalties far bigger than her.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:21 am Reply with quote
@D00dleB0Y and MrBonk

This money is not the amount that she was given to write the lyrics. This is royalties. She gets this money because the song is insanely popular and she gets a little bit every time it is played. With most anime the opening song rises and falls with the popularity of the anime. Probably just a few months or a year at most.

The article did not discuss the composer of the song. Presumably they get just as much if not more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4