• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Free! Anime Staffer: This Summer Is Going to Be Even Hotter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Rivailloli wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:

Oh and for those who are trying to defend this show calling it a sports anime, this is just ecchi. It's male ecchi, but it's ecchi. Nothing wrong with that, i've enjoyed my fair share of them, and it's pretty cool that one is being produced for the ladies Smile.

I don't think you know what ecchi is. In order to be classified as ecchi it'd need to have a bit more overly sexual fanservice. While it had fan service it wasn't nearly as much, nor as explicit as an ecchi work.

There's nothing wrong with females having an ecchi targeted towards theme, and anyone who says otherwise is a hypocrite. However it's equally hypocritical to go "Oh, this is so much more sophisticated than ecchi for men!" Ecchi is ecchi, and there's nothing to be ashamed of.

I didn't say that. I said it wasn't technically ecchi. To be ecchi it needs to be a bit more explicit sexually. It's an anime with fan service elements, but you can't compare the fanservice to this like as in DxD for example. If the fanservice was more extreme and explicit as I said. Then yeah, it would be. But it's just a work featuring fanservice. Just because a show has a panty shot doesn't mean it's an ecchi work. Like Noragami for example, it has some fanservice and panty/bra shots, but it's not an ecchi work.
xyz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
If "hotter" means real mouth to mouth this time, I'm all for it. They played me like a fish last season.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:57 am Reply with quote
xyz wrote:
If "hotter" means real mouth to mouth this time, I'm all for it. They played me like a fish last season.

You should have known better Smile
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:43 pm Reply with quote
"On a scale from 1 to 1000000, how wet did that make you ladies?"
sunflower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Ya know, there are quite a few of us fans out here who love BL but dislike slash. We tend to be quieter though so I guess the spotlight isn't on us. But most of my friends who like Free don't spend time pairing people right and left. We just enjoy the fanservice, and frankly the animation and emotions that come from the team sports themes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4