• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Parts 1 + 2] (TV) [Phantom Blood + Battle Tendency].

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demon_Rin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:09 am Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
yeah right like dad taking dio's side saying how great the twisted little turd is compared to his spoiled son was unpredictable. or that dio would tell jojo how much he enjoyed kicking his dog and that dad is too stupid or blind to see that the kid who kicked his sons dog is an asshole. the anime has predictable BS however much you want to deny it. the writing is poor at best the retro look holds no attraction at all. and my opinion hasn't changed this anime gets zero bandwidth.

*Complains about how predictable the series is*

*Fails to predict anything that is going to happen beyond episode 2*

What everyone is trying to tell you is that THE DIRECTION THE SERIES APPEARS TO BE TAKING is a RED HERRING. The series is faking you out, it's acting like it's gonna be about one thing, it's acting like a by the numbers story of social status and a plot to usurp someone's fortunes, then sometime in the next two episodes (Based on the NEP) it's going to suddenly and abruptly make a 180 degree turn and gain a completely different genre and premise.

The fact that none of your "Predictions" includes the phrase spoiler[Dio will turn into a vampire] means that you really don't know what you're talking about.

Again, and you're too caught up in your persecution complex to see what people are actually angry about. Nobody cares that you dislike it, it's just infuriating that you're saying your reasons for disliking it are because you think you can predict something that you aren't predicting correctly at all.

To try to put this into a metaphor you might understand, right now you're being like a guy going "All Japanese food sucks because they don't cook anything. Everything is Raw, I had sushi once and raw food sucks. The Japanese suck because they don't cook any of their food" And no matter how many times you tell the guy "Hey, you're wrong. There are a few raw dishes, but the Japanese do cook a majority of their food", he keeps telling you "No, you're wrong, they don't cook any of their food."

That's what's infuriating us. You're insisting you can predict what will happen in this series, which is ridiculous because it's 25 years old, so those of us who actually know what is going to happen are just calling you out on being very very wrong.

Bottom line, both of your predictions are wrong. In the next few episodes, the plot you think is going to play out abruptly stops and is replaced by spoiler[A Martial arts series with Vampires]
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote
JSC315 wrote:
Do I really need to say this? STOP feeding the trolls!

Why do you think I put up that picture of a billy goat? Wink
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
Demon_Rin wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
yeah right like dad taking dio's side saying how great the twisted little turd is compared to his spoiled son was unpredictable. or that dio would tell jojo how much he enjoyed kicking his dog and that dad is too stupid or blind to see that the kid who kicked his sons dog is an asshole. the anime has predictable BS however much you want to deny it. the writing is poor at best the retro look holds no attraction at all. and my opinion hasn't changed this anime gets zero bandwidth.

*Complains about how predictable the series is*

*Fails to predict anything that is going to happen beyond episode 2*

What everyone is trying to tell you is that THE DIRECTION THE SERIES APPEARS TO BE TAKING is a RED HERRING. The series is faking you out, it's acting like it's gonna be about one thing, it's acting like a by the numbers story of social status and a plot to usurp someone's fortunes, then sometime in the next two episodes (Based on the NEP) it's going to suddenly and abruptly make a 180 degree turn and gain a completely different genre and premise.

The fact that none of your "Predictions" includes the phrase spoiler[Dio will turn into a vampire] means that you really don't know what you're talking about.

Again, and you're too caught up in your persecution complex to see what people are actually angry about. Nobody cares that you dislike it, it's just infuriating that you're saying your reasons for disliking it are because you think you can predict something that you aren't predicting correctly at all.

To try to put this into a metaphor you might understand, right now you're being like a guy going "All Japanese food sucks because they don't cook anything. Everything is Raw, I had sushi once and raw food sucks. The Japanese suck because they don't cook any of their food" And no matter how many times you tell the guy "Hey, you're wrong. There are a few raw dishes, but the Japanese do cook a majority of their food", he keeps telling you "No, you're wrong, they don't cook any of their food."

That's what's infuriating us. You're insisting you can predict what will happen in this series, which is ridiculous because it's 25 years old, so those of us who actually know what is going to happen are just calling you out on being very very wrong.

Bottom line, both of your predictions are wrong. In the next few episodes, the plot you think is going to play out abruptly stops and is replaced by spoiler[A Martial arts series with Vampires]

are you [insults removed]?

predictability can be watching it and seeing what the next scene will be because its obvious. I don't have to predict the manga for you to see whats coming next no matter how many of you keep defending the series its still crap to me.

again are [insults removed]?

its saying this restaurant sucks eggs because I can see the rats going in and out of the kitchen while the patrons are telling me how great they think the food is.

and one more time are [insults removed]?

the plot could put both characters in bed giving each other head on venus and I wouldn't give it any better a rating or find it any less predictable. to compare something try Alice in wonderland your trying to say "you didn't predict the tea party" but forget that predicting Alice wakes up from a dream would be correct. and as another has posted a sports team will either win or lose even a tie can be a win or loss depending on the teams standing.

lastly as well as my final post regardless of how or what is replied in this thread.I'd have to give a Flying **** about this anime to want to predict anything about it beyond the obvious end.....in other words I simply don't care about it or you enough to be bothered. you can call it a cop out or whatever other permutations I'm sure will follow. yet its about as important as knowing what bug just splattered on the windshield if its not obstructing your view " who cares?"

[Mod Edit: If you feel the need to constantly insult and attack people for daring to do something as awful as disagree with you then don't bother posting. You can disagree all you want, but you are still expected to do so civilly and be respectful towards the opinions of others. This belligerent behavior will not be tolerated. - Keonyn]
Demon_Rin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:

are you [insults removed]?

predictability can be watching it and seeing what the next scene will be because its obvious. I don't have to predict the manga for you to see whats coming next no matter how many of you keep defending the series its still crap to me.

again are [insults removed]?

its saying this restaurant sucks eggs because I can see the rats going in and out of the kitchen while the patrons are telling me how great they think the food is.

Get over your persecution complex. Can you read?
Let me repeat this again and slowly and as clearly as I can.

NOBODY.
IS.
SAYING.
YOU.
CAN'T.
DISLIKE.
THIS.
SERIES.

Nobody is debating with you about your perceived quality of the series. You are ENTITLED To your opinion, you are ALLOWED to not like it. NOBODY IS TRYING TO ARGUE ANY DIFFERENT THAN THAT.

dragoneyes001 wrote:
the plot could put both characters in bed giving each other head on venus and I wouldn't give it any better a rating or find it any less predictable. to compare something try Alice in wonderland your trying to say "you didn't predict the tea party" but forget that predicting Alice wakes up from a dream would be correct. and as another has posted a sports team will either win or lose even a tie can be a win or loss depending on the teams standing.

lastly as well as my final post regardless of how or what is replied in this thread.I'd have to give a Flying **** about this anime to want to predict anything about it beyond the obvious end....

Well, let us see here, you predicted that it will either end with the following two things happening:

dragoneyes001 wrote:
as for what will happen like i said there are two possibilities either jojo gets his act together and thwarts dio or dio does manage to take everything leaving jojo as a beggar /prince and the popper(much older story than jojo's adventures or The Count of Monte Cristo which also predates this anime by decades.) the story is old just because the anime has older origins the story has even older roots. i could list a dozen stories that would follow dio completely dominating or jojo getting his act together because there are so many to chose from.

The ONLY Two possibilities you gave are "Jojo gets his shit together and Thwarts Dio" and "Dio Manages to take everything and leaves Jojo a Beggar"

What happens in the end of this arc (This is just the first story arc, there are 7 more so far by the way.) is this: spoiler[Jojo appears to beat Dio, but Dio shows up last minute and kills Jojo, stealing his body and placing his own head on top of Jojo's Body. Since Jojo has already inherited the money, Dio doesn't get it.]

So, spoiler[Jojo dies, Dio lives but doesn't get the money.]

None of your predictions come true. It's pretty much entirely a setup for when spoiler[Jojo's Grandson and Great Great Grandson fight Dio later with Stands in Egypt to save the Grandson's Daughter's life.]

If your response is that you want to be so broad as to say "I just meant 'the good guy will win' or 'the bad guy will win' " Then congratulations. You just predicted 95% of all fictional media.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I think one of the manga (and hopefully in turn the anime's) greatest strengths is the ability to shift moods and genres on a dime. And that will hopefully show here.
ridiculus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:24 am Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
Don't get into specifics that ANN might frown on, but how are people watching this so far? Fansubs, downloaded Raws, actual Japanese TV broadcasts? I don't expect I would see it until a licensed stream comes through, which may or may not happen.

I tend to watch in Japanese whenever I can, broadcasted or downloaded, whatever.

Have just finished episode 2. The opening was almost perfect - and that says something, because I usually dislike anime openings. The last one that really caught my attention was from Princess Jellyfish, but, anyway, I haven't watched too many new shows.

The animation is the weakest part of the production, but visual design, color palette, voice acting and music are all excellent. And there is no J-pop!!! That alone is an incredible accomplishment, and nowhere as appropriate as here.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:20 am Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
Don't get into specifics that ANN might frown on, but how are people watching this so far? Fansubs, downloaded Raws, actual Japanese TV broadcasts? I don't expect I would see it until a licensed stream comes through, which may or may not happen.

I'm watching it with joke subs. They kinda fit with this series.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:30 am Reply with quote
Just caught episode 2 - lovin' this show. I love the visual look and the crazy, melodramatic stuff. It kicks much ass.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:55 am Reply with quote
By god that opening song is fabulous. Reminds me a lot of anime openings from 80's anime like Fist of the North Star's or Macross's. Fits really well.

Episode itself was pretty great as well. Animation still cuts corners quite a bit but they really have the spirit of the series down and the visual and voice direction they have going works really well. There's definently a lot of love going into this adaption.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote
I love this stuff it is fricking insane everything is pretty excellent expect for of course animation,but you know it sort of contributes to the feeling that this stuff is from 80s.
Also how many of chapters did this episode adapt,cause it didn't really feel as fast paced as the first one.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote
Wow! Jojo certainly grew up, so did Dio.
I was surprised to see Jojo and Dio get along.
Well, looks like they were just faking it...
The mask finally showed it's true face!
It's a vampire making mask, pretty cool.
Things are really getting interesting.
underlock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Why in the world are people arguing over this? Jojo is the kind of show where everyone should come to the consensus that it's good. And if you disagree, too bad, I can already tell the ineffectiveness of your judgement skills. The end.

I'm so glad Dio is such a bastard. In my next assignment when they ask what I wanna be when I grow up I'll put Dio.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I LOVE the intro's jazzy tune in the beginning.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Dio is a great villain if only because he knows and doesn't care how evil he is. Guy is just sadistic.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Great episode! Loved the fight with Speedwagon! Very Happy Who would have thought something as simple as a bowler hat (or derby for you Yanks) could prove to be so cool as a weapon?

And I concur that Dio is a great villain. Honestly, Dio's villainy is such a breath of fresh air in a medium marred with villains who are leaning more towards a gray area in terms of their attitudes. We expect the audience to sympathize with them. Not Dio. Dio is PURE evil! And I'm loving it! Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 13