• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Industry Group: Total Anime Sales Dipped 7.4% in 2007

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kireek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote
Well each to there own in what titles they like then (wasnt trying to offend anyone by basically saying ADV sucked in my opinion) But over here in the UK the genral feeling amongst most people when they annonced there UK office closure was I brought my anime from other comapanys because they were better.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
However, theatrical anime production, video production and licensing fees, video distribution, merchandising, and overseas sales all also experienced sales declines compared to the previous year.

Hon'ya-chan wrote:
When all your sending overseas is the cream of the crap, demanding outrageous licensing fees, and stifling progress, and then you experience a slump, don't go and blame the fans. They voted with their wallet, and sought alternative means.

Will the industry adapt its overseas business model or simply become more hesitant to licence series abroad, in case it results in a loss? I just hope that those in charge have a genuine passion about anime and are motivated by getting the shows out to those who'll enjoy them.

I'm still waiting for a number of shows to be released stateside....not to mention a bunch of Video Games. And don't get me started on British Shows.

tygerchickchibi wrote:
Hon'ya-chan wrote:

He does have a point. When all your sending overseas is the cream of the crap, demanding outrageous licensing fees, and stifling progress, and then you experience a slump, don't go and blame the fans. They voted with their wallet, and sought alternative means. Either put out or shut up!!

..... >_>; *yawns.* I don't think anyone said the fans were to blame on this article...but you had to throw that out, ne? It could include anything at this point, Sales are going up on other things, fans don't buy for other obvious reasons as well. xD So partially they kind of are to blame, but not the way you're making it sound.

What, fansub arguments were better for you?
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:13 am Reply with quote
The merchandising sales decline surprises me... I buy much more merchandising than some years ago (to be honest, thanks to fansubber, because I couldn't afford to buy all the anime I watch, while I do can buy some merchandising of them now and there), and I thought that many other people did the same...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3